Characters gone?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Singularitee, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Singularitee New Member

Returning player. I've come back on and off many times over the years. I don't really remember the conversion from Sony Online Entertainment, but apparently I do have a Daybreak account and it is showing 24/27 expansions, as well as my EQ2 game account, so I know I have the right account. I've logged into every server in the list and cannot find a single character at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a limitation on their ability to restore old characters past a certain year archived or something?
  2. Singularitee New Member

I saw some mention of not having character slots, so I went ahead and got All Access thinking that might fix it, but no luck.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok you will need to file a petition thru the link below. Just follow the directions even though you were successful in signing back into your account. They start you off with making sure you have the right account.

I have heard in the past of players returning and missing characters. Pretty sure tech was able to recover many of them.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...07-What-if-my-EverQuest-character-is-missing-
    Shanarias, Skuz and Dythan like this.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Don't rely on this for thinking you have the right account. Every existing account has 24/27 for free.
  5. Singularitee New Member

Yeah. I definitely didn't realize that originally but eventually figured that out.

I've filed a petition as suggested by CatsPaws. Fingers crossed.

In the mean time I started a new character on Zek and a super helpful guy gifted me some PP and twink gear so the grind isn't quite as bad.

Thanks for the responses everyone!
  6. Singularitee New Member

Got my toons back! Had to do the reset via a really old email account which I was fortunately able to recover. Not much gear wise by today's standards. My druid still has his Epic 1.0 which I did when it was first introduced and was a pain, and some Velius raid gear. It's not much but definitely holds a lot of nostalgia. Thanks for the suggestions all.
  7. Goranothos Augur

As someone who has quit (once for over three years) and returned several times since 2001, do yourself a favor and keep a record of (1) the station names of your accounts, (2) your passwords, (3) the answer to your secret questions. I keep mine as a simple text file on a cloud account, so they don't get lost when I inevitably build a new gaming pc every five to seven years. Doing this will save you a ton of grief when you return. Welcome back!
    OldCa61, Shanarias and Quatr like this.
  8. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

The only 2 character purges in EQ history was June 20th, 2000 when Test Server was wiped for the first and last time ever. Also a second time a few years later when SOE purged any character under the lvl of 10, across all servers, that did not log in within a given period of time, again the one and only time that was done also.
    Quatr and CatsPaws like this.