Game not built for playing just One Account anymore

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BarryGarry, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

EQ is an MMORPG. MM being The Key..
    Soloing can be done in COV content, it is just not easy, and you may die a lot.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

It hasn't been that viable to solo/molo for most people since like cotf, which is a shame

Not much can do against mob hyper inflation (to counter things added that shouldn't have been that required this)
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't box, ever. I get stuff done. Go be social, this is a multiplayer game.
    Lannin and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

How did you manage to get those raid weapons solo?
    I assume you did not and that you joined a raid to get them.
    There were probably at least 40 other people in that raid who played with you at least once.
    Maybe try sending a tell to some of them and see if they will play with you again?
    Lannin likes this.
  5. Marton Augur

Edit: Deleted my post. I like my beastlord and don't want the class nerfed.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The EQ dev team saw the stream already. Your class is safe.

Burning 10 Glyphs, two max geared, max raid buffed pets, and taking two-ish hours (I think, might have been closer to three) to complete a group mission isn't really grounds for nerfing.

But your point stands. If you are having trouble soloing as a Beastlord you're not Beastlord'ing to your fullest.
    code-zero, Marton and Mazame like this.
  7. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

Except the MM left a long long time ago. Now its the worst kind of single player pay to win abomination there is. Pay for multiple accounts and purchase expansions for multiple accounts or do nothing.

Through out most of EQ if you picked the proper class there was stuff to do solo and you dont have to go all the way back to cotf to accomplish anything. I mean could you people really not pull off getting conflagrant?

They don't even have to make super cool solo content. Just stop making everything of any use summon and snare immune. The simple fact that your box crew will kill in seconds what takes me 4 minutes plus a med break will save your superiority.
    jiri_ likes this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So mad you created another account to express your displeasure?

Now that you have two accounts, time to box? :)
    code-zero and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  9. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

No clue who ya think i am but nah, this is my only forum account. I could box if I wished to of course. I have three accounts with several 85 plus characters on them I could level and I do log them in from time. It's just not really something I enjoy doing and quite frankly I'm not gonaa pay for three copies of the new expansion to try to keep my main druid current. If anything I've thought of de-leveling him.

Now as far as being mad. Come on man this is a message board for a game. I dont care very much. In reality im sitting in ww right now killing dracoliches. Thing is I rely on DC to do it. So i have time to sit and read through the forums and zams to see what else i can find going on in cov. So I see a thread and I post my mind on it.

If anything I think you and some others here are looking like you might be a bit . I think you've been to close to the game to long. A lot of the players left have. That's the only way ya can think the current state of eq is anything besides horrible. Me ? I came back from a long break earlier this year. Had a blast playing through the content that came out after I left. I can tell ya why those cotf missions keep coming up. They were pretty good. TBM was a lil out of whack for their difficulty but not too bad.
    I had fun until I caught up but man I made the mistake and buying tov and cov and quite frankly if I thought thee was a snowballs chance in hell of seeing my money back I'd be asking for it.

I'm not mad I really dont care about eq beyond some nostalgia and something to kill time. Everyone I know has been gone for years. I'm basically at this point just wasting some time, seeing how things fall and when I either finish getting my cores or just get tired of it I'll kill my account again and go play something else.

It's really not a big deal. Yet here you are wahh other people cant play the game I play! They have to do it my way !! lol dude you do realize this kind of stuff is why everyone at this point is boxxing in the first place? I'd much rather a game thats social because there's alot of people running around doing their thing rather than just having your 6 accounts talking to eachother
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I have no box crew. I solo with my merc healer, or hang with friends, and I am a bard. no I don't take current content nameds, but then.. I never expected to be able to do that.

Now, if you have no friends who want to hang out and help you.. maybe you need to check your attitude.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

edit'd that out cause really I dont actually care. It doesnt matter. However out of curiosity when ya do that super cool. molo'ing with your bard what do ya do?
  12. The real Sandaormo Augur

Finding groups is hard? If you can't find a group make a group, Though I usually never have to go outside guild, there's usually tons of folks looking in general chat.
  13. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

How does a druid being able to actually charm an animal with their charm animal spell or /gasp being able to root rot a mob diminish your enjoyment of the game with your group? Is Absor gonna like take your toys away if some poor SK somewhere manages to fear kite a mob?

14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

so far? I did most of the CS & WW mercenary and partisan tasks, I did get some help a couple of times with things like the kill 20 brood things in the WW caves.. Yeah, I die fairly often.. I've lost about 20% of my level this expansion, but I figure I have time to get that back later. I still get stuff done in the end.

Oh and I've tried killing spiders in DN solo, but its REALLY rough.. I'm more like 50/50 on them, I may kill 1, next one may kill me..

With friends, I've done Skyshrine, and Temple of Veeshan, and Sleeper's Tomb.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Who are you trying to convince? Me...or yourself? :D
  16. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

Better than I expected to be honest. I always did love bards.

I did the CS ones but I didnt bother in WW. From what I've seen basically just kill trash get some xp right? I mean not bad but hardly a quest to work on for more that an evening. More like bonus xp for camping whatever trash ya were gonna camp anyway right? I mean that stuff keeps ya interested for a run through I guess but once its risk vs no reward I feel like might as well just sit and farm trash. Which is great in itself even there's something to farm it for.

In DN ya going toe to toe with the merc or it like hilariously fast little loops? I havent spent much time there but when I explored I dont remember large areas
  17. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

/shrug I think your still trying to pull me into some weird thing ya got going on with someone else here man.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

For someone who doesn't care about EQ you certainly post a lot from your alt account.

Just enjoy playing...or don't. Cheers.
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I only toe to toe.. I never got the hang of kiting even back in bard kiting heyday.. Ely has been my main since my 3rd day of EQ.. so I do have a druid 3 days older.. Xmas of 2002ish. .
    code-zero likes this.
  20. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

So that's cool with a merc ya can stand to these mobs. I've also seen some mages do some great work but I mean mages always rock right? However I did notice you are in raid gear. How well do you think youd fair in T1 ToV visables and t1 tradeable non-visables? Cause that's what the people in the situation we talking about would be able to have. I'm betting you wouldn't make it.

I'm also betting that even if a druid was geared in equivalent to yours. If the mob summons. They arent going to beat it. Non-plate isnt going toe to toe with CoV mobs untill we've progressed well past them and the tank merc? Same thing. We're not going to be able to both keep the merc up and dps enough at the same time.

In ToV. Druids got a charm animal. It's effective up to 113. Yet they made the majority the animals over 113 and there arent many of them. You would think having a 113 in the mix would make it work but it really doesnt as we're generally killing the ones we have charmed via a few other mobs which will then in turn be charmed. Kind of breaks down when they're so high mixed. So ya wind up having 2 charmables in the expansion. Some direwolves in EW but at that point ya might as well root/rot since the'yre mixed and getting swarms of them would likely be more time consuming and you have some bats in TOFS. Now ill admit right off the bat havent done TOFS so no clue how common or usable the bats are.

I CoV we have a giant zone full of them. All immune to snare. Which I will admit if your willing to drag around adds you theoretically could still kite but really the mob run fast player run faster thing has just gotten a bit out of hand. I dont think anyone wants an army of us running around like madmen with trains of crap following us. On the charm front here. DC kicks some booty. It's basically my salvation but the spell version. Meh it breaks far to often especially in comparison with how long it takes to take down a mob and having unsared mobs break on you sucks. We can actually re'land the charm with a couple feet to spare if we we're at max distance when it breaks but of course thats not going to happen when the mob summons. I especially love the new summon right at agro effects. Years of people complain to much crap summons so heck lets double down on it.

Then we get to root. That spells about useless. my god does it resist and break. I've asked other druids about it since I been back and it seems we're all just working off our AA roots now. Which is ok I guess we have a few selections. Howover this does add a re-usetimer as well as a knock back which you dont always want. Our ability to root, break root and place mobs how we wanted was a huge part of our crawling ability. Coupled with how badly harmony was beaten to the ground way back in the day it makes crawling really hurt.

I'm sure there's more I could drone on about but i mean meh why? lol In the end I'll say the same thing I have before all they have to do is stop making artificial means to stop anyone that cant toe to toe from solo'ing. Just stop making everything summon. Stop making all the animals snare resistant for no reason other than to screw particular classes.

I would love the answer to instead be get developers than can develop their way out of a paper bag and add more contect but really I get they just dont have the resources to do much of anything anymore but its a shame covid coulda been a big boon. I came back.I saw lots of people I used to know pop in a time or two but int he end almost all of them saw that its just everyone left boxxing and they went to do something else.
    aalith likes this.