rare ore getting more rare

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leerah, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Bobokin Augur

Because many players don't 6 box. I guess this is more evidence the game is just for boxers and raiders.
  2. KrakenReality Augur

Well, the game is designed around forcing people to group. Naturally, people that box or actively participate in a guild are going to be more successful. It’s been this way forever, and always will be.
    Vumad and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

I feel like the player you quoted was responding to a dig at Triton guild for locking down all the mobs types that drop the ores. That was my interpretation. Not that they can't kill the mobs. Most classes that are geared decently can kill the dracoliches molo. You will have to actually use defensives and burns. Is it efficient? No. But solo players probably don't really care about efficiency but just that they can do it.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and OldCa61 like this.
  4. Vaeeldar Augur

Exactly what I was responding to - thank you. Look I can pul groups together quickly because I six box but I’ in group gar. Solo players could they do it? Sure efficiently to yoru point absolutely not.

What I don’t get is if I can do 4 an hour at six boxing a pick-up group o 4 should be able to 2 an hour (honestly more like 3). 2 top end group drops every hour or so. Plenty of time to farm. Now fast forward a few weeks it’s .70 to 1 per hour on average. Still not horrible. I’m sorry I don’t get why this change is that horrifying - I just don’t see it. there have been times in this games history that groupers truly struggled but this is not even close to one of them.
  5. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

If I am having trouble breaking 500k DPS at full burn at lvl 115 and in gear that is roughly at T1 for two expansions beyond RoS, then what sense did it make to have that mission (required for progression in the first zone of that expansion) require nearly double that?

I wrote a long comment, like I tend to do, but it is getting off topic for this thread. I'll save it for one actually on that topic alone.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

That was pretty much everyone's thought too at first lol. This is from 1/27/2018 I believe it was our first win on the mission. None of us are raiders. The SK was boxing zerkers

/GU Cactiikii in 75s, 89657k @1195428 | #1 Derka + pets 27065k@(370.7k in 73s) {G} | #2 Berserker + pets 22170k@(326.0k in 68s) {G} | #3 Berserker + pets 19804k@(291.2k in 68s) {G} | #4 Druid 12862k@(321.5k in 40s) | #5 ShadowKnight + pets 6715k@(89528 in 75s) {G}
  7. Vaeeldar Augur

I will say War, Wiz, RNG should be able to break beyond 500k at full burn. Something sees off either on your parser or your burn setup for those 3 chars - the dps mercs aren’t adding much but you should be able to break those numbers even with Wiz being as weak as they are today.
  8. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I'm sure that there are things I could be doing better. (I don't use any 3rd party tools to box, just socials.) The dps merc is actually topping my parses. (I'm using Gamparse 2.0 beta, default settings)
  9. Vaeeldar Augur

I’m a big fan of at least key strokes to all accounts. But even with socials your wizzes should be ale to destroy the dps merc. I’ve given up my wizzes as they are really weak in TOV/COV but you should visit the caster section and check up on the latest key bindings for wizzes. There is no reason you shouldn’t beat a dps merc by 2-3x.

Ranger I don’t play so I can’t comment but I’d be shocked if the ranger shouldn’t be doing 2x also.

Before giving up it might be worthwhile to see if you can tweak there socials to get them up in value. Or try a key broadcaster - might be worth a try since it’s evident you like the game quite a bit.
  10. Derka Power Ranger

I main a ranger and our group tank is a warrior so I can say that the two classes can burn very well together. A twincasted 2hand rampage under burns is quite awesome. ( warrior self burns + ranger's auspice, spire, cheetah and group guardian)
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Your war is doing something wrong if the dps merc is beating them.
    Try dual wield.
    It gives you almost all the dps of a 2h, and almost all the protection of a shield.
    Lannin likes this.
  12. seber Augur

what big deal got all want in 1day
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Which version of gamparse 2.0? Latest is I think 2.0.0.99
  14. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I do use a shield when I need to tank something challenging. I was feeling like it was necessary for current content. Was it really just my perception?
  15. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I just checked. Yes, 2.0.0.99.
  16. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

My melee dps merc is doing about 130-150k dps sustained when I'm just killing trash. My wiz and ranger are well behind that. I do really wonder what I'm missing.
  17. Vaeeldar Augur

Yeah something isn’t right even running socials. I’d strong advise a key broadcaster. but in the meantime what weave are you using on the Wiz and what weapons for ranger/war?
  18. Derka Power Ranger

If you're just using autofire on the ranger then yeah it's dead weight. Rangers have turned into bow-wielding wizards. You need to cast a lot to be effective.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

I wish I could DPS like Derka.
    Derka likes this.
  20. Derka Power Ranger

A keybroadcaster attached to a spam button for both ranger and wizard would probably be excellent. Especially also linking up 1 button that would pop a burn adps macro for them also.