Last of the Storm Boars

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fuzzy, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Fuzzy New Member

Why isn't this horribly broken mission fixed yet?

Why isn't it an instanced mission instead of open zone breaking if two groups are trying to do it?

Just absolutely horrible broken crap.

3 hours wasted.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. KrakenReality Augur

This place doesn't fix things until it's relevant for a TLP. They drop an expansion, then start working on the next.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Fuzzy New Member

Well, if it were up to me it would be illegal for companies to steal other purchased digital products when a customer chargebacks a defective one.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Doing a chargeback on Daybreak. Haw haw. That'll show them.
    Svann2 and Zaray like this.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Also, I don't believe the creators of Everquest have ever promised a non-defective game.
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Fuzzy New Member

Wish I could, but can't because of the extortion.
  7. Fuzzy New Member

That's not how commerce *usually* works.

I got a refund from Valve/Steam before they had a policy allowing it; because I declined a EULA that popped up after purchase with unacceptable terms, and the words 'if you do not accept, return to place of purchase for a refund'

It is possible, they just don't want to.

I expect the EU will make it so within 15 years.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Yendar Augur

Merc tank or pet tank seems to bug the mission out.
  9. Derd Augur

Not seem, do. Dont use merc dmg or pets.
  10. Nadisia Augur

This quest is buggy since release, and can bug at multiple steps :
    • sometimes, the 1st orc doesn't pop at the giant fort the very first step
      And for the huts geometry, and the pathing of the giants ... come on ...
      If you try to pull them outside, they fail to find the door ... until they warp o_O
      And it's the same for about every single hut in EW/GD with coldains, orcs, etc
    • sometimes, the 3 orcs do not spawn on the way to the bridge (step 2)
    • sometimes, one wolf is missing at the bridge for the last step
      And no, it's not hidden, just missing ... not even on track, so when it happens: game over.
    I don't know for mercs or pet dmg, but it can bug without any pet or merc, as we don't use mercs, and got bugs without any pet class in the group.

This quest is just a nice collection of bugs :D
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

Swarm count as pet, it's either pet or merc gets killshot or pet or merc on top aggro that's the issue. Swarms can be top aggro even if a player is targets target.
    Svann2 likes this.
  12. Cideral Lorekeeper

I use mercs as tank and it did bug the updates, I found a solution suggested that worked for me, taunt it away from merc at the end for the kill. you definitely have to do that for the first mob kill, I did it on the others just in case -
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

I can confirm this issue is caused by merc and pet tanks. I use a tank merc and box a mage. This quest is unbeatable for me without help (because of bugs). Fortunately someone was available to help.

And for anti-boxers or nay-sayers, I chose a mage over a plate tank because I WANT PCs to play with me. My mage pet and warrior merc are stand ins for players. My ENC/CLR/MAG box is built around LFM. Players are sparse at some of my playtimes and having a artificial block to progression (anything), while a person 3boxing with a plate tank has no issues, certainly sucks.

If it's deemed not a bug, at least put it in the quest. I was on my 3rd request before a plate tank told me the problem, and we breezed through it in 15 minutes.
    Svann2 likes this.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yup. Once you know the trick its actually a pretty good repeating xp quest. If you arent already sick to death of it.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Don't worry, as soon as one of the TLP servers unlocks ToV and the snowflakes complain, they'll instance this quest.
    Nennius likes this.
  16. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I'm not seeing how pets and/or merc tanks are causing the problem I'm having as I type this. (Thpugh I have both in my 3 box group.) I'm on step 6, "Find the lost Storm Boars somewhere near the Great Bridge". The mobs are all spawning, but the step is not updating past that to the kill steps. I can kill everything, but nothing is progressing. I saw someone at EQ Resource mention camping and coming back to get things to respawn, which worked for me. But that didn't help get the update to the Find step.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

You are likely missing some mobs that are up on top of the ramp to the bridge.
    Last time I did this I remember running into that. Basically find all of the mobs and kill them.
  18. Drakang Augur

Have done it 15 times. 15 successes. I have done it for alot of people that had issues usually due to merc tanks or pet tanks.
    Dont have a merc or pet tank the mobs.
    Make sure nobody else is working the quest while you are.
    Merc DPS has nothing to do with bugging. I have done this with my SK and my Shaman with a merc healer and a wizard merc.
    Move to the entry to the building and pull the mob out and kill get note
    Move towards the Bridge get the 3 spawned orcs. Spot changes a bit but same general location kill all 3 one drops the ring.
    Move to the south of the bridge. clear any roaming skeletons. Move towards the bridge. 3 wolves and 2 giants spawn.
    Pull the three wolves at the same time and kill them.
    Pull the two giants at the same time and kill them second drops the ring.
    Hand in, say dead done.
  19. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I did kill all three wolves, so this wasn't the problem. The problem is that I am getting to the right spot and spawning the mobs, but that step isn't updating. With it not being on the next step to kill the wolves when I do that, nothing is advancing. This is how the steps are broken down on Zam:
    1. Go to the giant fort and find where the Storm Boars are. 0/1 (The Eastern Wastes)
    2. Find a clue about where the Storm Boars have gone 0/1 (The Eastern Wastes)
    3. Head to the great bridge 0/1 (The Eastern Wastes)
    4. Defeat the undead orcs 0/1 (The Eastern Wastes)
    5. Pick up the insignia ring as it surely indicates that the Storm Boars came this way 0/1 (The Eastern Wastes)
    6. Find the lost Storm Boars somewhere near the great bridge 0/1 (The Eastern Wastes)
    7. Defeat the undead dire wolves surrounding the Storm Boars 0/1 (The Eastern Wastes)
    8. Defeat the Storm Boars and gather proof that you found them 0/1 (The Eastern Wastes)
    9. Deliver 1 Terse Note to Yealdin 0/1 (The Eastern Wastes)
    10. Deliver 2 Insignia of the Storm Boar to Yealdin 0/2 (The Eastern Wastes)
    11. Tell Yealdin what happened to his soldiers 0/1 (The Eastern Wastes)
    I was having a similar problem on step 3 with the spawning of the 3 orcs. I'd get there, the orcs would spawn, but neither running all over the area with the whole group nor killing them would update it and advance it to the step where you actually get credit when you kill them. At this point, I am wondering if being invis to undead when I get there is the problem. Maybe it is arriving and getting aggro that is what updates it, and getting that initial aggro needs to happen within a short time of them spawning.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

There was at one time an issue with the quest not advancing when item is looted. I thought they fixed that but if it is still happening this is the solution:
    1. Leave quest item on corpse
    2. Have task leader loot item from corpse.

Do this at each stage where you loot a quest thingy.