TLP 2021

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, May 29, 2020.

1. Nolrog Augur

Thanks, I didn't catch that (obviously).
  2. jeskola pheerie

New server:
    Limit 2 characters per player like Aradune, but with no truebox... Good luck Dedicated GMs!
  3. Karthos Augur

The only solution that would really make a difference is to add anti-cheat software to the game.
  4. Hadesborne Augur

[IMG]

When you see people kicking around the idea of a new TLP server. How about NO.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

New TLP Server will absolutely happen at some point, just a matter of when & with what ruleset.

Sorry to excrete upon your bonfire.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Like Skuz said, it is going to happen. I won't be playing on it, but there is no harm in discussing potential future rulesets. To kick and scream "BUT I DONT WANT A NEW TLP!" when history tells us it is happening and we are civilly discussing it seems to match your picture better.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Holyhops Journeyman

This implies that Ragefire is struggling, it's in the best place it has been in a long time. Rizlona hasn't killed the server, while it isn't as populated as most of the *new* progression servers (like every other TLP that's 2+ years old), it's far from dead.

When the inevitable new progression server hits I hope it's something new, the current TLP formula is stale and there has been little done to differentiate server rulesets from each other since the inception of truebox back on Phinigel. Unlock schedule is pretty run of the mill, TB ruleset is generic, essentially what you're looking for is just a copy of Aradune with BLs and Serkers from the start. Not a bad idea but not a very fresh one, would be cool to see them do a multiple server release like they did with Aradune/Rizlona, one standard truebox server akin to this idea and one that has a more unique or fresh spin on the idea.

Either way, I'm sure we'll see what they have in store later in the year.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Okay how about this one, it's an evolution of the GoD-Mode TLP but with some feedback factored in.

GoD-Mode TLP 2021:

51/50 start Gates of Discord unlocked server.
    Truebox - will be removed once Seeds of Destruction unlocks.
    Agents of Change
    Unlock Schedule - 12 weeks with level raise, 8 weeks without.
    GoD XP at start, will be live XP at TSS as per all TLP
    code-zero and Holyhops like this.
  9. Holyhops Journeyman

That's a solid idea, I would love to actually see a spin on the 51/50 concept that hasn't been explored since, what, Mayong? Would be cool to see them actually utilize this concept again, removal of truebox at SoD is a great idea too as it starts to become redundant as a mechanic around that era. Not starting from Classic is always a plus after playing through every prog server since Fippy, I'd play it.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The Quarm event Server also started with 51/50

https://www.everquest.com/news/quarm-event-server-coming-july-2016

On live servers I think the one client restriction was removed during Depths of Darkhollow and I would like to see the equivalent of that happen on TLP that start in classic by removing Truebox on TLP in DoDH too, but for a server starting in GoD I think SoD is an early enough point for Truebox to be removed.

I think it would be an interesting take for Darkpaw to try removing Truebox at SoD on a TLP as way of seeing the impact before removing it earlier on TLP that start in classic. Many players feel Truebox serves a purpose early in the TLP lifecycle but that it becomes a millstone around the neck of the server later on and harms player retention when the population naturally declines.
    Holyhops likes this.
  11. Machen New Member

There is a reason it hasn't really been explored much since Mayong (quarm used it too.)

It was hugely unpopular and unsuccessful. In part because people voted for it because they did NOT want a popular ruleset that would drain pop from their own live servers. Most of the people who voted for the Mayong/51/50 concept had no intention of playing there seriously.

For a server starting in GoD, 51/50 would give some pretty stellar starting gear. Intricate defiant in some cases will still be best in slot thanks to the abundant heroics and focus effects.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well on Mayong and Quarm the gear was not Intricate Defiant, I would assume the same template would be used for a GoD 51/50 - Link below.

We are pleased to announce that the Mayong (51/50) Server will be opening up at 11:00 am (PDT) Tuesday, June 30, 2009.

The rules of this server are the same as a standard server but the server does have the following differences:

13. Machen New Member

Could have sworn it was intricate on Mayong when it actually launched, but I am probably misremembering. Flawed defiant not quite as bad but still pretty OP for GoD.
  14. jeskola pheerie

Selo's XP and dz timers
    Rizlona's No Truebox
    FV's Free Trade
    2-month unlocks

go!
    aalith likes this.
  15. Thez69 Elder

Im in
    Barton and jeskola like this.
  16. HappyHippo New Member

I want a LEVEL progression server with some kind of tracking and documentation of the stuff that people did. Rules are ALL content is unlocked at start but levels are locked. You start, for example, at lv 20 cap. What can you accieve at that level? kill ghoul lord in guk? or can even tackle nagafen? how about lv 30 1 month? 2 months later? and so on. an integral part of this is an achievement site here where everything is documented. Wouldn´t that be fun?
  17. Lejaun Augur

No one is kicking and screaming for no new TLP server. People are just tired of constantly hearing the pleading for a new one over and over again. We all know there will be a new one. Be patient.

Most of the people who must have a new TLP are the same ones who think the next new TLP will be the server they will stay on forever, but then they get out leveled and outgeared and plead for the next new TLP to come out so they can go to the new one that will be their last one ever.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quite a few have suggested LLP (Level-Locked-Progression) server before, I even incorporated it into my Original GoD-Mode TLP Concept. JChan said she thought it was an interesting concept - that's NOT in any way her saying they will do it. The question remains if "level locking" can actually be done as a server rule, one reason I suggested the 51/50 idea was that it avoided the need for extra coding.

I like the concept as it allows for every current race & class combination right at the start & also would allow for a completely different levelling experience than any TLP has this far had since you could use the TSS 1-75 route as a start which is in many ways a superior journey through those levels but wasn't realised by a mass of players like it could be on a new LLP server.

When I suggested it as a way to start my TLP idea I got a fair bit of pushback on locking the levels below 50 at the start, seems there are a fair few advocates of that 1-50 rush despite all the problems that inevitably show up on a new progression server which would actually be alleviated by a staged start, so I would expect that again.

Here's what I would suggest as the level lock schedule

Week 001 Level 20 - Progression XP
    Week 002 Level 30
    Week 003 Level 40
    Week 004 Level 50
    Week 008 Level 60
    Week 032 Level 65 - GoD XP
    Week 052 Level 70
    Week 072 Level 75 - Live XP
    Week 092 Level 80
    Week 104 Level 85
    Week 124 Level 90
    Week 136 Level 95
    Week 148 Level 100
    Week 168 Level 105
    Week 188 Level 110
    Week 208 Level 115
    Week 228 Level 120

Using that you basically stick to a 12/8 weeks for level raise & non level raise while deliberately making an exception during the excessively long level 70 era crunching it down to 20 weeks from 36.
    This gives you a TLP that takes just over 4 years to hit 120 rather than the current 5+ to hit 115
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  19. Machen New Member

While this would work, if they do it I hope they go slower. Considerably slower. A server like this will never reach a point where everything is on farm and you've exhausted all you can do. You wouldn't ever hit a point where you are just repeating the same raid schedule week after week. So the time limits that make sense on normal TLP's wouldn't necessarily make sense here. If you spend only one week locked at level 20, it won't really be enough to see what level 20 raids can actually accomplish. I'd bet that raids like Naggy and Vox would be beaten by 30's and maybe even 20's given enough time. But not if you only have a week to try it.

All this is assuming they also solve the gear issue. No one's going to be motivated to raid content far above current level if the gear so earned requires a higher level than the current cap.
  20. Leifer Augur

I like the idea of level-locking progression. It might even be fine to just have a "live" server where all expansions are open right away, but with level unlocks over time.