testcopy and test server question(s)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mewkus, Dec 26, 2020.

1. mewkus Augur

From what I understand, you can enter the command /testcopy to make a duplicate copy of a live server character on the test server.
    1. Do I understand this correctly?
    2. Does it copy all of everything I have (wearing, carrying, banked, etc) to the test server?
    3. Does it copy temporary items I have?
    4. If I activate a Legends of Norrath Prize Card previously purchased from the marketplace on the live server, does that activation in any way effect the original version of the card I still have on the live server?
    5. Does anything I do on the test server reverberate back to my character on the live server?
    6. How frequently can I do a testcopy?
    7. Do you log into the test server just like any other server, or do you have to run a whole separate application? If it is a separate application, how friendly is it to co-existing with the live server application?

Something I'm trying to figure out is that I recently got a Nimbus of Daylight and am evaluating whether I want to use it on myself or just sell it off in the bazaar. To figure that out, I want to know how much brighter it makes things, so I thought I'd go over to the test server, activate it, and see how much brighter things are and then decide whether I want to keep it or not back on the live server.

I read the news article at https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-51102 and wanted to confirm that what it said was still true.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I can't really answer the questions, I just thought I'd throw out that the nimbus you're interested in doesn't really make anything brighter; it just shoots a beam of sunniness out of your head, basically.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Try it out and see. Doesnt cost anything to /testcopy and it happens quickly.
    1. right now there is a bug that if you dont have anything in your dragon hoard then the testcopy will fail. Just put something in dragon hoard and try again. If you dont own cov you will have to wait till bug is fixed in patch, since you wont have a dragon hoard.
    2. Im half guessing here, but I think it does not copy your shared bank space, so move anything out of there that you want to copy over.
    3. I think housing and guild are also not copied.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.