Monk Composite Form

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fanra, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm not 100% sure this is a bug or if I don't understand it, but it seems totally a bug.

Basically, I have monk Composite Form Trigger 2 in my list of Combat Skills (disciplines) and I make a hotkey, click it, and it seems to do nothing.

The listing in the Combat Skills (disciplines) window shows:

Name: Composite Form Trigger 2
    Level: 250
    Cost: 0
    Upkeep: 0
    Target: Self
    Duration: 0:00:00
    Reuse: 0:00:00
    Timer: 0

I also have Dissident Form Trigger 2 with the same things listed.

I wanted to make sure I wasn't reporting something already known or not a bug, so I did a search on the forums here for Composite Form and there is nothing.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

your not high enough level to use Composite Form. Dissident Form Trigger is what you hotkey. Composite form is the evolving skill as you do achievements.
  3. Vaeeldar Augur

Sort of right on both. Composite for is the new COV skill.. But all of the melee have two forms under discs when memorizing it one is the one you click should be level 111 or so and the other is the level 250 buff which you can’t click. You need to paste the lower level hockey in. it will work then.
    Fanra and Dythan like this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thanks.

Based on your information, I'm changing this bug report to be:

The level 250 Composite Form Trigger 2 and Dissident Form Trigger 2 Combat Skills (disciplines) have listings and hotkeys that do nothing. They should not be listed at all under the Combat Skills (disciplines).

However, if they have to be listed there due to "reasons" then they should not have the ability to create hotkeys with them. That also might not possible due to "reasons".

In the case that they can't be removed from the Combat Skills (disciplines) window, the text that is displayed under the abilities should say that they are not skills you can activate directly but that you use the appropriate level (level 111 Composite Form or level 106 Dissident Form) skills instead.

Right now they just say, "Trigger-casts the buff Composite Form 2." and "Trigger-casts the buff Dissident Form 2." If they can't be removed that text should be changed.
  5. Derka Power Ranger

This issue exists in spell books as well, you get two listings for the spell. One is the memmable one and the other essentially tells you what rank your spell is at (1-6). In the information you provided it shows no endurance cost or duration on Composite Form 2 and you're right you SHOULDNT be able to activate it via hotkey, however I think it's necessary as a placeholder for the main spell. Might just be a case for if one doesn't work but the other one does then /shrug. Use it or lose it.
  6. Vaeeldar Augur

Pretty sure it’s necessary. What would be useful is if they changed the name somehow on the unusable one to make it more obvious. I hear this come up a for all classes.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Derka Power Ranger

It's been this way since Dichotomics were released in TBM. The only real problems I remember were certain classes had issues scribing ranks of Dissident in TBL. They had to hail the NPC spell vendor in Stratos to get a proper update. I can see it being very confusing for players that haven't used the spells yet or switching from a spell user to a tome user. Definitely not disputing it's not user friendly but we have figured it out this long.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah to make a hotkey you don't create it using the level 250 combat ability - it will not do anything - you use the lower level one in this case that should be level 111.

The only problem I ever had as a Berserker was when using the Dicho in a social macro, you cannot use /disc Dichotomic Rage - because there's 2 discs with that name, so I had to use the ID for the Level 101 dichotomic rage in the macro, so for composite rage in a macro I would use /disc 61619 as an example.
  9. Rancid Biskits

So yeah, the level 250 part of Dissident Form isn't showing up in my combat abilities at all, I even went back, bought it again and learned it again but no luck, still nothing. When I activate Dissident Form nothing happens (because there is no ability to activate), no buff nothing.

Edit: Discovered what I was doing wrong... you have to hail Virtuous Dusk after buying it to get the progressive ability.