I'm curious to see how well a LITERAL, classic, EQ server would perform with today's standards.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sagarmatha, Aug 30, 2018.

1. code-zero Augur

Let me think, after a recent debacle with multiple deaths and corpses stuck in places surrounded by hostile mobs the SK fired up the her Duskreaper's Proclamation spell and retrieved those corpses so that they could be rezzed. Losing a level in the modern game can have such interesting effects as removing access to AA's and spells that you really need. So if you don't think that corpse recovery isn't an issue I have to doubt that you're even playing the game at all.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You're playing a game in which you kill the same froglok model 1000s of times for hundreds of hours. But you don't have time to do corpse runs? Have you tried not sucking at the game?

p99. You're factually wrong.
  3. KrakenReality Augur

P99 is a fly on an elephant’s butt.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

P99 is about the weakest argument that anyone can come up with on any point, it really should not even be considered as the same game any more. Why that is the case has been elaborated on at great length and in much detail many, many times over so it really doesn't bear repeating.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You guys get triggered really hard when people mention facts that disprove you.

p99 is more popular then any TLP beside Aradune ATM.
  6. KrakenReality Augur

Wrong, but you’re also the same guy that claims mmo-population.com was a reliable source, lol. You don’t even know how to distinguish a fact versus speculation or opinion.
    Tweakfour17, Xoner and Skuz like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The word "fact" implies something that has supporting evidence, P99 is not more popular than any TLP, a TLP requires a sub, P99 is 100% free.

You are comparing chalk to cheese here, using false equivalence not any remotely like for like comparison.
    Your evidence to support your "fact", is completely non-existent, you are literally making this crap up to try and bolster a completely bogus argument.

Try peddling your nonsense to more gullible people, I doubt anyone here is going to buy your snake oil.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

I see you are struggling to understand. Let's say I die deep in Seb, Chardok, ToFS... those are zones that can require an extensive cr depending on what class you are and what classes you are with. So I should just not group there if I want to play late at night? Nah. I'll just eat an xp death.

P99 defense is stupid for population. Bunch of broke jokes on p99 that are only there because its free.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

You're an anti boxer. We get it. Maybe when P99 makes more money for DBG than Coirnav does the P99 argument will hold some weight about what paying customers actually want. Also, if dying in a zone = sucking at the game, why do you care if there is a steeper penalty for death or not? Do you also suck at the game (ie: die on occasion)?
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Triconix Augur

Oh if we are claiming that as fact, I got one:

P99 is full of a cheap f***s unable to afford EQ and trash players unable to deal with expanding game mechanics. They can only handle a couple of button presses per minute, doing nothing but blankly staring at a character auto attack, beating 20 year old content and thinking they are graced by God.

Am I doing this fact stuff right?
    Accipiter, code-zero and Skuz like this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

>>> I'm curious to see how well a literal, classic, EQ server would perform with today's standards.

This title strikes me funny every time I read it. It is an oxymoron.

If you make the server with today's standards, then you do not have a literal, classic, EQ server.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You're doing the getting triggered stuff right.

My personal experience from TLPs has been the opposite. The majority P99 players are good at the game. On the other hand all the live players not from ROI are embarrassingly bad at the game.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

Person hard stanning for p99 on TLP forums saying that we're triggered lmao.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Yes the best sign someone is triggered is the constant emotional non fact based arguments. Like calling p99 not popular.
  15. KrakenReality Augur

Popular by what standard?
  16. Triconix Augur

Oh, the irony.

P99 has what, maybe a few hundred people? That's your basis for popular? Everquest has over a dozen servers to indicate your a vocal minority. If you want P99 so badly...just go play it? Go away. Nobody wants or likes your ideas.

I'd also love to see P99ers try to keep up in live. I'm sure it would be quite comical. First, I guess we would need to know your definition of what good is because corpse runs aren't hard. There's also 0 difficult mechanics based fights in P99.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

1800 people online between blue/green atm.

Tell me more about how much this triggers you.
  18. Triconix Augur

Why would I be triggered? And where is your source? I can make numbers up as well.

PS that number is a joke compared to EQs population.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I don't know why it triggers you but it clearly does.

Really weird you have such strong opinions about a server you don't even know how to connect to
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You all sound like a room full of Trekkies arguing over which version of the Enterprise best suits the intro music for that series.

It's Enterprise D from TNG, if anyone wants the facts. ;)

I don't necessarily have a horse in this race. I play P99, Live, TLP (Rizlona), and FV. I just think ya'll need to go stand in a corner for a few minutes.