Jaled Dar's trapped shade (DN--COV)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toukan, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Toukan Augur

Any hints on how to spawn it ? I've killed ritualists for hours now...

Thanks
  2. Dibab Augur

Our guild leader and a group killed it recently. I dont know the specifics but from what he said it sounds like you almost need to groups to keep enough locked down to be able to get him to spawn
  3. Cadira Augur

Unsure on how to spawn him exactly cause he was up when I got to him, but he wasn't attackable until after I killed all of the ritualists.

You need a lot of dps in order to get them all down before they start respawning. My group was sk bard cleric cleric zerk rogue, and a zerk outside of group all raid geared (two clerics wasn't ideal but was helping two buddies with progression and we just decided to kill him while there). And with all that dps I had to burn near the end because respawns were happening before I killed the last few in the cycle.

For groupers you prob gotta bring two groups for dps and for raiders a pretty amazing dps group and maybe burn on the trash rather than boss just to be able to attack him because he's actually pretty easy once he goes active.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Here's what you do... kill the ritualists. Jaled Dar's Shade spawns from a trapped dracolich. Kill him... and keep the ritualists down. If a trapped dracolich spawns again, bummer deal... kill Jaled Dar's Shade again. Eventually, you'll get Jaled Dar's trapped shade instead of a trapped dracolich. Get all the ritualists down, pull the RED con Jared Dar's Shade and you're done.
    Mehdisin Mahn likes this.
  5. Szilent Augur

what's repop? I didn't feel particularly pressured killing the room. It's 20 Ritualists for a total of 1B hp to grind through. We killed them and the (ph) dracoliche (another…122Mhp by my log) in just under 10 minutes, looked around the empty room & left to go on questing. Group was War Brd Mnk with three priests Shm Cle Dru. Cle just healed (so just over 20k dps from the pair of Interventions in her multibind). Dru was pretty new so, uh, not really pouring it on let's say. Fixed up her approach / mindset, she's > tripled dps since then :)

When you say you "had to burn near the end" do you mean you don't use your cooldowns just all the time in CoV? This expansion must be … a slog with that approach.
    Cadira likes this.
  6. Cadira Augur

I'm all about using my CD's most of the time on trash but with the fact that i was 5 boxing, it's a bit hard to min/max that sort of thing all the time :)

Also the zerk out of group doesn't assist for some reason when outside the group with my ISB set up, so i had to alt tab to him and he hardly used any mash buttons do to this.

It is entirely possible I suck, too.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Hogwilld Elder

had 5 cycles last night and no name. 4 hours. what a load. killed the shade 5 times and never the right name.
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

easiest to just bring 2 groups and pull the ritualist room + the named phs (seeker i think?) and mobs that spawn just outside the room. decent AA exp even for 2 groups.
  9. Toukan Augur

We've brought two groups (or more), on 4 occasions now, for hours each time, with no joy. Every time all the ritualists are down, a trapped dracoliche spawns.
    Every time the draco is up when we clear the room, it turns into Jaled Dar's Shade. (not trapped) When left alone (Thinking possibly some script and has to become trapped) the Shade wanders out of the room, to the east, and depops/warps/respawns back to his roost in center of room.
    Still no trapped shade. Ever. Is this spawn broken ?
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

it's working and you're doing it right. the trapped dracoliche is the ph. at least the room's pretty decent AA though, even with 2 groups there.
  11. Fullwin Journeyman

We did this last night with two groups, and one important note (which Smokezz alluded to)... the ph and named are both called "Jaled Dar's Shade" but the ph is yellow /con and the named is red /con (and will also have the rare tag).

The Hunter achievement mentions "Jaled Dar's trapped shade" but I never saw an NPC with that exact name, just the two different ones discussed above.
    Svann2 likes this.