EXP bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Numiko, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Numiko Augur

Noticed this today playing on Phinny.

All my characters are 110 and have 20K+ aa's, exp is set on all of them at 100% going into AA's

I did a lesson burn in Lceanium vs the Tundra Yeti's and noticed my boxes for some reason were getting way less EXP then my main (Mayumi)

Towards the end of lesson I started writing them down and noticed it was a pretty big drop, the drop also stayed consistent even after lesson had expired.

With lesson running:
    Mayumi was getting 50.534% of an AA vs level 104 mob
    Yukiko was getting 28.425%
    Numiko was getting 28.425%
    Kikiko was getting 28.425%

With lesson off:
    Mayumi was getting 25.267%
    the rest were getting 14.212%

I was not using any other sort of exp. bonus potions or anything like that, Mayumi's account is a recruit a friend one but that is not active on Phinny as far as I know and from experience farming there (trying to get my mage the rare EM24 earring) the 50% per kill with lesson is what I would consider normal.
    Barton likes this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Welcome to the RoF+ You Need To XP In Higher Zones Setting

Once you out level a recent expansion (since RoF), the xp you receive is lessened ... cause the devs want you to xp in level appropriate zones. EoK was max level 105 so you are above it, hence the lesser xp.

BUT

For some reason, the first person that aggros a mob does not get the negative penalty. I suspect you are pulling with your ranger and thus that toon gets more xp.

Been talked about ad nauseum on the boards since TDS launched on Live (both the negative penalty and the first to aggro immunity) and nothing has been really said (or done) about it.

Level in RoS+ zones and you won't have the issue.
    Riou and Skuz like this.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

As Cragzop explained....it's also pretty well documented across many threads in the forums.

I myself also stumbled across it very late while leveling up a buff army. If I'm worried about it, I adjust whose pulling to put the exp where I need it most.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Numiko Augur

Interesting, thanks for explaining. I've been playing mostly on Phinny the last 5 years so don't have much experience with the newer expansions.