ranger advice for returning player

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Harp@016, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Harp@016 New Member

Hello all!

Looking to return to the game with heroic characters. I have 3 accounts, but unsure if I want to do 2 or 3 accounts. I was hoping to have a ranger as my main toon(if I ever make it to raiding). I would like to play through the missions and expansions and such as much as I can.

What should be my focus on adding to the ranger? I can read a lot of combos involve enchanters for the CC and buffage and pulling. If I went that direction I would think a healer like cleric? or possibly go shaman for buffs slow heals, and some sort of tank or mage or a tank of sorts.

I am not very experienced with live EQ, I have mostly played on TLPS and private servers, so there would be a lot for me to learn as I am going. I think this would be more a fun adventure for me to try to play through things, and if I make it to raiding at some point great.

Thanks for any advice!
  2. dubblestack Elder

If you are set on playing a ranger, and have three accounts I would do sk sham ranger.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

HDex. SK > SHM > RNG will do okay though DPS will sometimes lack. That will be offset somewhat by being able to PL your ranger through levels as soon as your HDex and AAs gets high enough to make it useful. Focus on HDex, the more the merrier.