TLP 2021

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, May 29, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mangler XP schedule

Beastlords & Berserkers in from the start.

Truebox - max 3 characters per player (3 pcs of 1 each)
    or
    Truebox+1 - Max 2 characters per player both may be played from the same PC
    (provided the technology can support this)

Proposed Unlock Schedule

Classic - 4 weeks
    Kunark - 12 weeks
    SoV - 8 weeks
    SoL - 8 weeks
    PoP + LoY - 8 weeks
    LDoN - 4 weeks
    GoD - 8 weeks
    OoW + DoN - 12 weeks
    DoDH + PoR - 8 weeks
    TSS - 12 weeks
    TBS - 8 weeks

***After this all expansions with a level raise 12 weeks, without a level raise 8 weeks***

***Additional note:
    EoK - 8 weeks provided the following changes get made:
    1.Increase raid-dropped visible slots to 2x
    2.A template item for visible slots added to RoS to remove the need to farm EoK during TBL for RoS gears on TLP servers.
    If not then EoK should be increased to a 12 weeks expansion.***
    Manafasto and Portis like this.
  2. Maestru New Member

I do not want another TLP until they publicly announce a change or update to the queues and crashes. Starting the game 25 levels behind other players feels useless and anti-fun. I would not join a pick-up game if we were down by 10 and I would not start a charity race if I were miles behind others. To be starting days after others is an instant deal breaker and automatically creates an atmosphere of being "behind", regardless if that is the case or not.
    Glow likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There are dozens of queue whine threads, this isn't one of them.

So I kindly ask that you take your whine elsewhere & provide constructive feedback, negative or positive in line with the original post's content or don't bother commenting at all.
  4. Kylo Classic Augur

Hopefully they don't listen to anyone when they say they want a boxing server again.
    I would like to see the return of focus effects and the various mobs and density that were removed a few years back. For some reason they thought they should make the tlps more like p99, bad idea, people don't want that kind of punishing gameplay nowadays. I want fast xp and no corpse runs. Focus effects please, thanks.
  5. Neuro Elder

I would just want Kunark open at launch, but a lvl cap of 50 for 2 months, then up to 60 for 2 months.

Kunark has a ton of content designed for leveling, which would alleviate the issue with congested leveling areas.

Plus, it would be amusing to see people trying to do Old Sebelis with 50s.
  6. Aneuren Tempered Steel

This is such a bizarre response. Barely after 5:00 p.m., Rizlona already has 3 full general chat channels. But barely any of the complaint threads on these forums are from Rizlona players, who appear to be quite content with their server and happily doing what they have begged for from Daybreak for years. I can only imagine you must have some kind of preconceived bias towards a boxing server, because there's nothing about Rizlona that suggests it was anything other than an exceptional idea.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The reason that these were removed is likely due at least in part to MoTM that is almost universally disliked.

The devs have stated quite clearly that for them to remove MoTM they would have to remove focus effects.

They would also need to look at ways to reduce the melee damage that up-scaled each few levels when they introduced the AA line for that.

There would also need to be changes to pets to prevent the "pet-walling" that happened, this one is much more difficult & problematic to solve unless they just created a way to force pets to be suspended where they don;t want them being used.

So it is not as simple as just giving players focus effects back.
  8. Kittany Augur

Personally, I would love to see a One Account Per Person Per Routing Number From A FDIC insured Bank No Krono Server. (No Prepaid or virtual debit cards allowed) :p

*grabs popcorn* :D
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

lol
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Rizlona is the first of its kind so no idea why they don't want it to happen again either.

Ragefire probably lasted as long as it did purely because it had no real competition until Rizlona showed up, so on the bright-side if it will be more than a year before another AoC boxing server is opened that will help secure Rizlona population a bit longer.

People are just salty about Aradune queues I guess.
    Aneuren likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have seen the "level Capped" TLP idea a few times before.

Maybe start your own thread about it & see what traction you get with that.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I got my CDARs, ready to box. :p
    Kittany likes this.
  13. Scipio5 Journeyman

I bet a serious approach to something like this would be popular.
  14. Kukaw Augur

Maybe add LDoN to the PoP-LoY release. It can still be 12 weeks total.
    It would give the new frogs being made, something fresh to level in for a little bit (and anyone that wants to start an alt).
    Niskin likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Rationale behind that is that LDoN Raids are elemental ish level gears but don't require any flagging, so that's why i put them after 8 weeks of pop, I'm open to the idea of adding LDoN at the same time as PoP unlocks but I think 4 weeks after PoP unlocks is as close to PoP opening as I would want it personally.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well then, go make a thread about a level capped TLP, that's not what I am going for here.

I suggested a short classic start but with TLP queues being a feature of every TLP launch I didn't want to throw the gates to Kunark open before people had a chance to get onto the server, opening with a Kunark start and the few "lucky ones" who get in would be getting a double-bonus for being lucky to get in early. 4 weeks is enough time for the queues to die down a lot & for players to start spreading through levels a bit.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Really, they need to move LDoN / LoY to open with classic. It would change the whole itemization of these early xpacs, and the truly out of era stuff are level required. Give everyone new leveling paths, and a real shot at finishing they charm aug.
    Manafasto likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm not sure they can even do that, interesting suggestion though.
    Dythan likes this.
  19. Madine New Member

I think something that might spice up the play from classic through PoP for a new TLP might be:

Unlock Beastlords day one for Barb, Ogre, Troll and even Wood Elf.
    Unlock Zerkers day one for Barb, Dwarf, Ogre and Troll.
    Frogs playable day one
    Keep the 12 week unlock schedule as is

Keep Iksar, Vah Shir and Drakkin to their respective expansions because releasing those early would mean having to have those expansions unlocked and players would miss the whole hook for this server which is playing BST or BER from day one in Classic.
  20. Nolrog Augur

People complained like hell when they had to log into the game to claim their free station cash. This would generate a huge amount of forum b*tching

Why can everyone else get their epics but I can't get mine? That is so unfair? You need to change this so I can get my epic as well. Why isn't my class fully itemized like everyone else. That is so unfair. Why can everyone else get all their spells/disciplines and I can't? That is so unfair. You need to change this so I can get mine as well . . . . .

Not to mention the work that they would have to do to enable them before their expansion and the over powered ness of the classes in classic content.
  21. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The poster before you necro'd this from May.

I shifted stance on the point you quoted & instead advocated for a -> GoD-Mode TLP < - in order to allow for Berserkers & Beastlords at the server launch, this would also address the point you raised about their epics.