Training Reserch Skill

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Grove, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Grove Augur

Maybe I just need a pat on the back, with words like just keep at it .... But I am beginning to question myself. I have the trophy in the form of the quill, equipped. My unmodified skill is 323/330. I am in the stage of making at least one of as many unknown combines as possible. And I am doing that. But my skill is not moving. Have I omitted anything?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

It takes a lot of new unique combines per skill-up beyond 300 for research. I'd have to go back and check to be certain, but I want to say it was on the order of 45 or so per skill-up.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's at least 50 new recipes per skillup point. I want to say it's 54, but it's definitely 50+. I spent time before CoV went live to skill up my research, and it was over 50 per point.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Aanuvane Augur

It's between 53 - 54 recipes per point. So very painful. Nevermind I've done it on two toons...o_O
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

At 323, there should be hundreds of recipes left to do. And at 330 max, many more aa points to spend!

No idea what class you are, but they opened up all research recipes to all classes (except for very few Int caster only stuff). So if you thought you had to stick with melee/hybrid/priest/whatever spells, you don't.

My most helpful comment ... get some TS bags and fill with the basic ingredients (inks, thickeners, etc) and pick a level of spell parchment ... and just go through and do all the spells at the level and move up one and repeat. If you use EQ Traders, just have a tab open for each spell and it goes decently quick. It's a lot of overall work, but it's not horrible ... assuming you have the parchments ... and a little cash.
    Velisaris_MS and Nennius like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

And strongly consider using this parser. It can greatly help you plan your effort and save time.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ees-tradeskill-parser-version-2.251018/page-3

Scroll down to find the link for the latest version.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. dreadlord Augur

There are 4k+ research recipes; you need to learn about 2,500 to max the skill (350). That actually make it easier as you don't need to scratch around for obscure drops, you can max on standard recipes; and overseer quests make it even easier. It's a serious grind tho
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It sure is a grind, but you'll get there.

I am only 3 trades done at the moment (smithing, pottery, fishing) and have just been going in order of ones I actually have been using the most.

Only one I am dreading is Jewelry Making.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

JC is one of the easiest. :)
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

This is good advice. Get several tradeskill bags and fill them with all the inks, ink additives, and quills the PoK vendor sells. I found I had to keep my find item window open with "ink of" in the search bar because many inks share the same graphic and it was WAY easier to just have the list of all of them right there to click on than trying to mouseover each one and find it.

Couple of other tips:
    - don't worry about the sortilege sheet recipes...those are learned from tradeskill books
    - use Overseer to get the rare sheet/pages drops...much easier than trying to farm them
    - check the bazaar often for what you might need and don't hesistate to buy it
    Barton likes this.