Diff. Betweem sk/shaman box and war/cleric box?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tactikal, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Tactikal New Member

Title is the question. Looking for a fun duo box.
    I know sk and shaman is the go to, how does war and cleric compare? Seems maybe less hands on and easier to manage.

Could pally mage maybe work? Or pally necro i guess. Dot and just solo as the pally.

Thanks guys
  2. Cadman Elder

War/Sham is great, chuck in a bard as well and the War is on fire ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Cadira Augur

Early game or late game?

War/Clr would be way less dps especially late game, and probably less survivability late game too if you pressed the right buttons on sk/sham.

Like Cadman said (don't like that this dude's name is so similar tho!) War/Sham/Bard is pretty awesome combo though so maybe something to consider.
    Cadman likes this.
  4. Vaeeldar Augur

Group geared it's hard to recommend a war - hell it's becoming hard to recommend either way except end game raiding. Either combos listed are good but group geared Sk will be a lot easier - self healing is huge. Sk/Cleric/Brd, Sk/shaman/brd - all great combos.
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

A war/cleric duo is like if you took a Sk and Shaman and you took away all their tools and gave them nothing in return.
    Cadman likes this.
  6. Cadman Elder

You must have grouped with some terrible Warriors, shame
  7. Tegila Augur

There's a lot fewer aas beyond autogrants to worry about for war/cler, whereas sk/shm have the highest in the game.
  8. Vaeeldar Augur

I’ve got a t2 raid geared war. I’m not saying they can’t be useful but I also have a COV t3 group geared SK and Pal. When you look at average length of group fights - fact that SK disc/epic will be very powerful + self taps.+ HT - the Sk just offers far more flexibility and adaptability - particularly at a group level of gear.

Early on in TOV my group wiped on velks mission - miss click on adds.I got the click off on the final mob 93% health with me and my box enc nuked while I tapped/disc until win. Maybe changing runes I could have done same with war but doubt it. I just see the war as less useful in group game - short of mass pullling in WW type mobs for ores on alts (lots of discs to burn as you know + glyph) there isn’t much he does better than my SK.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Shm and sk are not trivial to box, it is a fine challenge to take on.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Group game: SK > War
    Raid game: War > SK (single target)
    Raid game: SK > War (multiple targets)

Boxing ease: War/Cler > SK/Sham