Necro spell revamp unfinished?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by JeffHanson, Nov 25, 2020.

1. JeffHanson Augur

It seems to me that the necro spell revamp was never finished. I was expecting at least the Ignite Intellect line to get the same treatment. I haven't played in about 5 months so I'm probably forgetting some lines that still need a revamp.

I'm not on the beta forums. Are the devs actually wasting time on necro swift dots? Aren't swift dots completely useless since the revamps?
  2. Szilent Augur

it's expansion content beta testing, not necromancer class beta testing
  3. Maedhros High King

I sure hope they will get back to this early next year. The wounds line is a massive load on dot slots as it currently stands.
    menown likes this.
  4. seber Augur

kind hope done what still need do ???
  5. JeffHanson Augur

Still need to do the Ignite Intellect line (at least)
  6. kizant Augur

Plus they still need to buff the base damage of most lines by like -50%.
    Szilent likes this.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

...and actually sunset their epic like they claimed they were going to (they did knock of the 8% error finally though ... after what, 16 years?).

Most of us non-necros would like to see the revamp completed because no other "large" rebalance endeavor is ever going to get a chance to happen until it's done. But while revamping the last two major lines might be a quality of life benefit, there needs to be a serious reduction in dps output for necros.
  8. Sancus Augur

This already happened in the November patch, though it's perhaps a testament to how unimportant the epic was to raid DPS that many didn't notice.
    Lannin and Szilent like this.
  9. Evurkvest Augur

Should be pretty straight forward to finish this, duno why they didn't do it in one go. The Ignite Intellect, Scourge of Destiny and Misma spell lines just needs the same treatment as the now revamped spells. I guess they will not give us Wounds x 5 worth of Proliferation so that needs some thought.

Then there will be tuning but i really hope first look at how the Paroxysm line is focused and retune the swift lines to make them worth casting.
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

shots fired!

*looks around, can’t find the opposing posts*

What t h happened to Forum Quest??
    kizant and Sancus like this.