Fixed Internally Restless Ore dropping from trash

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tuhwin, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Orcen Elder

Just want to say this is terrible news. So its going to be 1 chance in 400 mobs. This is Group Gear! Grouped geared folks arent killing 5and 6 mobs at once in under 2 minutes like raid geared folks are. With a group of 4, it means 1/4 of the 0.25% chance for each person to get one 'crystalized restless ore'. Or 1,600 kills. At average of 3 minutes per kill, that's 80 hours of play time for those 4 members. Lets say they grind 4 hours a night. That is 20 nights, 7 days a week, 4 hours a day, for these 4 folks to get one ore. Drop rate of 3 weeks. Why even try? So need about 27 Ores to fully gear one toon. 27 x 3 weeks = 81 weeks. over a year and a half. Surely you are kidding with the 0.25%. Are you saying we should just quit trying and give up playing? 1% sucks, but 0.25%.. what are you thinking.
    Because raiders are over-geared for group content, and slaughter mass mobs, again, you are going to kill the group geared folks. This is extremely discouraging.. Maybe you should mitigate raid gear in group content so they dont kill 6 mobs at a time huh?
    Please rethink this!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Kase like this.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

So....what did you do the last few expansions to gear up? Missions and named have always been the main path to t3 gear, not mindlessly killing t1 trash mobs. You should be thankful he is even keeping it on these mobs for us at all.
    Svann2, Sancus and Vaeeldar like this.
  3. DruidCT Augur

This isn't intended to be the primary way to obtain the ore. T2 named and group missions should drop them regularly and be the primary method to obtain them. Pity those methods aren't currently working. Pity they don't recognize this as a SERIOUS problem worthy of an early patch day. Their argument might be that farming this off T1 zone mobs negates the need to acquire T1/T2 gear first so they would prefer people spend some time working their way to T3 gear. But since the drop rate seems closer to uncommon than rare people are willing to just sit and grind through it (as I reluctantly am, I would rather be doing progression/missions but i get more/better gear faster doing this). Honestly dropping things rare/uncommon on T1 mobs is a good idea as a patch after 6 months into an expansion, not so much on day 1 and certainly not at this rate on mobs this easy. In my opinion. And yes I live in SoCal and if they want to hire me to fix all their problems they can just give me a call :)
  4. Vaeeldar Augur

So you can cut your time down by about a 3rd. It’s 2d2 which means the .25% will be close to 1%. Having chests drop this ore will make things much easier to gear up - zlandi is super quick guaranteed ore. The drop rate even when changed should not be bad. Group geared boxing six I’m doing 4 an hour now. I would think non boxed could beat me but lets say slower still 1hr 15min for an ore after fix. that’s fast gear when paired with a mission to each day.

Finally people should be farming now if they are that concerned. Few more weeks until fix.
    PCSS and Yinla like this.
  5. JeffHanson Augur

Nowhere did Ngreth say that. He said the drop rate will be 0.25%, period.

Not everyone still has a group of friends to help with missions or camping named. All of my friends quit when that cluster TBL expansion came out. For some of us, a 1% drop rate would have been enough to buy the expansion and have a reasonable chance of gearing up slowly over time. A 0.25% drop rate is not enough for me to bother buying this expansion or renewing my subscription.
  6. Slasher Augur

Except its 100% in a chest you can do Zlandicar with pretty much any 115 pickup group and get 1 ore every 6 hrs. If you happen to have some friends with an IQ over 80 you can probably do 1 or 2 more missions and get 3 ore every 6 hrs. In between missions you can camp named where the trash around that named can drop ore also and the named itself can drop it. See where im going here ? This is hardly the only avenue to get ore.

Either way you PROBABLY have until the Jan patch to farm as much as you need plenty of time.
  7. Tegila Augur

He didn't specifically say either way, but he did say that at 1% it was averaging out to 3% not 4%, therefore the .25% will be more like .75%, and he said he is needing it(soft foamy darts comment) so idk which it's meant to be in the end, .255%(the exact number last posted) or .765%, what it would work out to be if he just changes the 1 to a .255 and leaves everything else alone. Either way, it IS going to be lower than originally intended, and a quarter the current rate. I've read everything from 4 per hour to my personal experience of about 90minutes per drop, which will make it 1-6hrs per drop in the end, of active killing time, and then take that multiply it out by 6 actual players in a group not boxes(yes I am a boxer) and you get 6-36hrs active group killing the me per brick per person in a traditional group. Multiply that by 25-28 depending on class/augs and that's how long it'll take someone to gear up this way of they can't do missions and nameds are only going to have a CHANCE to drop(nameds seem a whole lot more rare than in other expansions I've played too)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. JeffHanson Augur

Yeah, well the ability to log in and solo a bit with a small but reasonable chance (1%) for ore to drop sounded like a lot of fun to me, so I'm really disappointed about this.

I'll pass on pickup groups and stuff. That's just not what I consider fun. Y'all have fun in EQ this year. Maybe I'll come back if the next expansion actually offers something for players like me.
  9. Tegila Augur

Which is still 36 hrs per brick per person IF you're able to be playing every six hours around the clock. Most will only be able to half or even a quarter of that since- adults and responsibilities don't equate for most people a 6hr block of time available to play so 3-6 days per brick. I am not in that camp, can't play 24-7 but I'm very flexible, but I know most people are not.
  10. Tegila Augur

Right now and for probably about 3 weeks you still have the 3% rate it's at. That's plenty of time, and as you get them your kill speed will improve.
  11. Psychotica New Member

I just killed zlandicar, he did in fact NOT drop the ore. So its not happening as expected
  12. Psychotica New Member

As mentioned (meant to reply to this). Its not 100%, i just killed him we got zero ores.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

I thought it was supposed to be in January 20? patch.
    Fenthen, Yinla and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  14. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

nm there's no point. your making it to low and you dont care cause its all about pushing people into boxxing so they pay for 3 plus accounts instead of 1.
  15. Vaeeldar Augur

Just confused an average group shoul be able to do 1 an hour post change or 1 per 1hr 15 min. That plus zlandi there is no reason you should be able to get 2-3 pieces in a quick session. How is that bad? It’s far better than has been typical for many years in EQ.
  16. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

see this dudes post above

"Yeah, well the ability to log in and solo a bit with a small but reasonable chance (1%) for ore to drop sounded like a lot of fun to me, so I'm really disappointed about this.

I'll pass on pickup groups and stuff. That's just not what I consider fun. Y'all have fun in EQ this year. Maybe I'll come back if the next expansion actually offers something for players like me."

While I dont think he's getting the math right his point remains the same. There are or perhaps at this point were alot more people with this view in the game than there were boxxers (and boxxers dont get me wrong im not complaining about ya I love ya. I just want something to do too).

I'm a druid pickup groups are to me like pulling friggin teeth most of the time. Plus I have an in and out type of play style/schedule. Add on to that EVERY SINGLE PERSON I KNEW IN THE GAME IS GONE. (and I bet alot of people can say that). I too was excited about being able to accomplish something on my own. I'm a class built to solo but every expansion they do everything they can to keep me from accomplishing anything because it's not your holy trinity group style.

Heck even with the nerf this expansions like light years better than other recent ones because I will have a chance every 30 minutes to kill 1 mob for a 1 in 100 chance of actually getting something. Though actually much less than that because probally about 50% of the time a bug stops it from working and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that gets nerf'd out of existence because I said enough for ya to figure out how.

Also I get the other side of the view too I do. I get that no one wants the highest tier group stuff dropping like candy so groups just finish it in an afternoon. Maybe the answers more along the lines of stop doing everything ya can to artificially handicap the hybrid classes and solo play styles. Let us kill at a while slower than groups but reasonable kill rate. Like good old ToV's hey here's a charm spell it caps at 113 and we made all the animals 113+. Or maybe not make tradeskill gear not only the pinnacle but also tied to named equivalent drops. Maybe make some stuff <gasp> actually quested in everquest.

I mean come on just give us something to do besides mindlessly kill trash for absolutely no reward what so ever.
  17. Stephen51 Augur

We killed Gozzrem in Temple of Veeshan last night, and it dropped a Crystallized Precious Velium Ore, which was the TOV tradeskillers only 18 aug makers.

Is this the same bug? Is it in fact a bug? Are there new 18s this xpac? Alla has Crystallized Precious Restless Ore listed as well, but I've not seen any new recipes for 18s yet.
  18. Moege Augur

Please go read up on what fixed internally means

Asked and answered in different thread, its not a bug its intended to stop complaints about having to farm older xpacs for type 18/19 aug materials.
    Fenthen and Stephen51 like this.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It wasn't that bad in past expansions.
    The vast majority of people who actually need it are not going to be able to grind missions for a 1 in 6 chance to get one, and that is each time. Further IQ has little to do with not being capable to complete and grind missions. Previously in a long day run a group of 6 people would likely be able to get 1 for each member of their group if they were lucky. Now it's going to be more likely that they might get 2 for their whole group if lucky, maybe 3 or 4 if they are exceptionally lucky.
    None of your numbers reflect any reality, either current or future.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

So the ores from trash were set to 1% but were somehow dropping at 4% so ngreth is changing it to .25% that doesnt make any sense.

Andarriel
    Fenthen, Kase and Barton like this.