Do Heroic Missions Require the use Glyphs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Windance Augur

I've been working on Aaryonar and I think the answer to getting a win/loss comes down to using Glyph of Dragon Scales to mitigate the damage from the dots down to manageable levels.

Group geared characters in (nearly) full set of TS CoV gear are about 350-375k hp.

You have taken 151602 damage from Intruder's Curse by the heart of the temple.
    You have taken 179480 damage from Roar of Sleet by the heart of the temple.
  2. Duder Augur

How are your type 5's?

Good thing Glyphs are group content ;)
  3. Windance Augur

All the type 5's are best in slot from ToV's. Going to take a while to get the 200 wins in to buy full set of CoV.
    Coagagin and Duder like this.
  4. Windance Augur

Might have to try burning up the extra ToV group coin and pick up hStam augs and see if going pure HP on the casters is worth it.

Thankfully, there aren't all that many AA in this expansion so I'm nearly max AA and don't mind burning some glyphs but I think its a pretty bad design to require their use when a significant goal is to get your AA's maxed out.
  5. Lisard Silly

pain and gain baby - gotta spend money to make money - etc. you can use loyalty tokens to buy glyphs.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Cadman Elder

Required? No

Will it make it easier? Hell yes

I didn't use any glyphs beating them the first time, didn't have the spare AA at the time
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Make sure casters are using their rune buffs, if you have a chanter make sure they are giving the group Glyph Spray.

My runes as a wizzy protect me far better than HP, just need to make sure you keep them up. Also don't forget geomantra.
    Cadman and code-zero like this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont remember being hit THAT hard with the dots.
    Something seems off.
  9. Nniki Augur

Intruder's Curse and Roar can unfortunately overlap at times. Intruder's Curse is 245325 base and Roar is 290290 base for a combined base total of 535615 per tick. You're more likely to see it while doing the Maximum Echo achievement or simply if the fight takes longer. There's also Revoking Breath at 220220 base to watch out for, which can double up as well, but ideally that's only a concern with the tank.
  10. Cadman Elder

Yup, it's amazing how many folk aren't using Shield of Destiny regularly, it's as if absorbing 60% of Magic attacks up to 250k damage isn't worth the 2sec cast time o_O

Keep it memmed, refresh it after every AE, makes a huge difference
    Duder, Svann2 and Yinla like this.
  11. Yendar Augur

Glyphs make things a lot easier, they’re doable in group gear without glyphs..
  12. Riou EQResource

Believe also the Aaryonar mission doesn't have its own set of dots, it is using the raid versions...

Usually the group missions have powered down abilities

Not sure if the other group missions are similar in this (wouldn't be surprising if so)
    Nniki and Cadman like this.
  13. Cadman Elder

I did wonder, they do seem a bit OTT considering ToV AE's/Dots were originally much less than these, and they decided even those were too much and literally cut them in half part way through the expansion.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Krazzi Elder

Since a paladin can tank the mission and be the only healer in the group without anyone dying. I'd say you dont need a glyph. That said im sure people will complain til it gets nerfed more.