rare ore getting more rare

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leerah, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Yendar Augur

This post should be “common ore to get more rare” there is nothing rare about these ore’s in the current drop rate.
    Nennius, Duder and Sancus like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Best drop rate we have seen have been from Dracos in WW.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. Duder Augur

What is stopping you from farming it?
    Bigstomp likes this.
  4. Tegila Augur

Stubbornness, principles, and time spent on forums.
  5. Qimble Augur

Sure you can. Every time I have gone to the caves in WW there has been space available either in the static zone or a /pick. If you're only in group gear / not max AA you might struggle trying to solo but if you grab a couple friends it shouldn't be too tough.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

Heck I thought they already nerfed it. Last night I spent over t hours in WW and did not see one ore. Unlucky troll!
    Leerah and Yendar like this.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Triton isn't stopping anyone from farming them on the Server. I hit up the caves last night with a guildy and we were the only 2 people in there, we stuck to one section of the caves and were maybe killing about 1/4 of the mobs with the other 3/4 up and available.

The mobs aren't hard either, I was able to solo Broodlings by root rotting but it's a little risky since the assistants can roam and agro and you can't root those. Either way, 2 group geared players shouldn't have any trouble killing in there with mercs.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Flatchy and Yinla like this.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Yes, you can. If I can molo in there with my merc (and I have), YOU as a group can definitely do better as I am only a mid-level raid bard.. definitely not top of my class, nor bottom.
    Bigstomp and OldCa61 like this.
  9. feeltheburn Augur

again how is it a guild thing??
  10. Leerah Augur

I've been watching what guild groups survive in the siren room in CS.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  11. Duder Augur

lol
    Svann2, OldCa61 and Celephane like this.
  12. JeffHanson Augur

No. Ngreth didn't say he is making it 1%. He said he is reducing the drop rate to 0.25%. If I'm wrong, show me the Ngreth quote.
  13. Cadman Elder

The 2d2 table will still exist, so the 0.25 will get multiplied up just like 1% did
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. JeffHanson Augur

When Ngreth said he "fixed the bug", I think he means that he removed the 2d2 table part.

The quote says he "fixed the bug" AND "reduced the chance".

I would love to be wrong about this.
  15. Tegila Augur

Since 1% worked out to about 3%, .25% is going to work out to about .75%, thus a Nerf from his original intent.

But of he removed the 2d2 part AND reduced to .25%, then it's amuch bigger nerf.

The bug he referred to could have been the missing bricks from chests, but he never did clarify or specify. (I asked specifically about his quote in the thread for clarification)
  16. Leerah Augur

Two ores per hour last night in the cave in WW.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im pretty sure this change wont go live till Jan patch. Probably Jan 20.
    dun dun dahhhh
  18. Leerah Augur

Maybe Ngreth will think better of it.
  19. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I don't have CoV yet, as I'm still having trouble with ToV missions and haven't finished its progression yet. But I'm trying to understand some things about gear in both of them.

T1 dropped container (combine a plat sink item and emblem for your class) < T2 dropped container (same mechanic) < TS container (combine a no trade drop + class emblem)

The Crystallized Velium Ore used to dropped from named a fair bit more reliably, but they nerfed that and eventually doubled the ore drops from missions once ToV had been out long enough for most people to be in farming mode. Given the dps check nature of many missions and/or mechanics that make them difficult to box, this is a big barrier to me. I can only assume that it was intended to be this way. That is, everyone would need to have more optimal class balanced groups, have a hard time getting the ores while boxing, or simply have much better gear than ToV T1 + some GMM and ToV T2 like I do. (I also 3-box - WAR/WIZ/RNG + 2 healer & a melee dps merc doesn't do nearly as well as I would have thought, in terms of dps - I parse around 500k for full burns.)

Now, I'm seeing people talking about the Crystallized Restless Ore (same function and ranking of gear to the Crystallized Velium Ore from ToV) being a random drop in the open zones of CoV. I am not understanding why they made the ToV ore take much more work and skill than the CoV ore. What am I missing?

*Note on my problem with missions: It isn't just about ToV. I've failed Fell Foliage all 3 times I've tried it now in the last week. The first time, I needed to learn some things about the strategy. The second time, I did better, but still came up short on dps. I got him down to 25% before he became invulnerable, but then I couldn't kill the adds fast enough for him to become vulnerable again. I tried a 3rd time the other day and used a couple glyphs, but I still only got him to 25%.
  20. Derka Power Ranger

My best guess about now having t3 ore drop randomly from t1 trash is that they are trying something different (possibly related to the massive amount of complaints about EXP in ToV they received from players that like to grind levels out). Unfortunately it blew up in their face and the drop rate is 4x what it should have been. The mission chests and named do not drop ore (also a bug) so the only way to get them is by grinding out t1 mobs until the January patch.

As for Fell Foliage that was one of the hardest DPS missions at the time of release. It essentially required a 900k+ DPS group to accomplish in 60-90 seconds, I don't recall exact numbers. Don't beat yourself up over not completing it, we had to drag a lot of players through it on my server because their box groups were in your same situation.
    Sissruukk likes this.