Fixed Internally Restless Ore dropping from trash

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tuhwin, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Tegila Augur

yeah someone was tryign ot sell lootrights for a krono apiece a few days ago, now theyre trying to sell for 200k, probably go back up since no ice encrusted upgrades to sell for kronos.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. smash Augur

Sounds good correcting the bug for drop ratio, however would rather have the reason why it was bugged 4% instead of 1%, since you did write 1%.

What happens if some finds the bug and correct the bug. Then after the 1% will become 0,25% instead.

Now to show I am just as interested in correcting bugs....

The trash that drop the ores are a bonanza in the ts stuff as well

In 4 hours, 20 pelt, 50 silk, normal 22 ore, 20 diamond, 20 logs

Pelts drop in a lot higher ratio than tov.

Maybe tov could also have 1% on ore from trash, tov ore(no drop)
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Actually, doing math it was on average 3%. it was 1% on a table that is rolled 2d2 times (2 to 4 times) I got the 4% from an in game tool that must figure the odds from the max roll not the average roll. (The "thing I did" and didn't account for was rolling the table 2d2 times.

And yes. Not only did I fix the bug, but I reduced the chance (soft foamy plastic dart) along the way.

And, since at least one person repeats this, no. Not every base-pop mob.
    Ironkeg and PCSS like this.
  4. Slasher Augur

Going to result in them npcs just being perma camped blocking others from any chance from trash.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think when the change occurs most will just get them from missions.
  6. KrakenReality Augur

Depends, if they tune down the missions. The people beating them now aren’t the ones needing the ores. So, it’s not going to be much on impact.

Yup, it’s a perfect scenario. Rare drop and limited population that drops the item. EQ devs have always been good at providing a lucrative market, except for ToV. Worst expansion ever to make money.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Kase like this.
  7. Tegila Augur

so yo ufixed the bug to bring it back to 1% intended? or you fixed the bug AND lowered the rate below original intent? is this already hotfixed in game? or slated for a patch?
  8. OldCa61 Augur

I have had no problem making money in ToV.
    As a matter of fact, I am flush on Krono/PP to the point I don't have to worry :)
    I'm just a soloer, no Bot Crew to farm.
  9. Slasher Augur

ya idk what hes talking about. TOV had relevant ultra rares/chase loot. If you got a rare weapon or pet ear it paid for your sub for the year
    Yinla and OldCa61 like this.
  10. KrakenReality Augur

You’re confusing what I said, I’m not saying you can’t make money. I stated TOV was the worst for making money. I made more in TBL and ROS than in TOV. In TOV group gear, raid gear, missions, currency, levels, AAs were just too accessible. I’ve never seen current era raid gear be sold so cheap.
  11. Kase Augur

See thats the issue... just like ToV ...not everyone can just do the missions if you box. Need to do the missions to get the gear you need to do the mission. Not everyone is in a guild or has many hours a day. The first few days of rollout of CoV I personally felt the drop rate was decent. But--"shrug". And I do feel the reduction from 3-4% or whatever it was to .25 is drastic for the average non-guilded player.
  12. Dharken Elder

Before this thread gets locked, Just going to toss in my 2 cents again.

Stop complaining, We asked for alternate gearing options and we got them. Since the ore drop on Trash in T1, you can start gearing and get in to other zones. "Perma camped for the ore" is a simple mindset. Move on to harder mobs. Enjoy more of the content than mindless T1 zone farming.

Can people make money on No drops? Yes, Sell the loot rights. Its been this way for decades.

Ngreth, Not to brown nose, but I appreciate the change and the work. Thank you for giving us alternate options on gearing. There are many of us who appreciate it, and we understand the needed adjustment in drop rate.
  13. OldCa61 Augur

Ideally, It would be nice if Ore could drop randomly off any level Mob in any CoV zone.
    Maybe people would slow down and explore more of the lower level zones if they had at least a small chance of something cool dropping off that Flying Shark :)
    Merry Christmas All :)
    PCSS and Ghubuk like this.
  14. Alena Elder

mh... nice how some dudes who farmed their stuff complained, over exaggerated numbers and brought the nerf into that. Oh man, small "p", big ego. Sorry need to say that. Its always the same.

Btw. for Ngreth here not fantasy but real numbers:
    I farm the ore from trash (dracoliche and drake/dragonlike mobs in WW) since days. An 8-10 hour day with around 1.5-2M SDPS yielded so far around 5-10 Ores. So killing around 1 hour can be an ore. But its dependent on a kind of luck. There are hours when clearing two caves and the way (in the most dense area East) until repop a couple of times with no single ore and then there can be a run with 2 ores and more. I had a complete day with only 2 ores dropping once.

If somebody pretends to get his whole toon full the it is not an hour or only a couple of it. Its normally a couple of days nonstop killing except they have a secret area where they farm it extremely and nobody wants to tell that.

my two cents...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, PCSS and OldCa61 like this.
  15. Tegila Augur

In the end, for me, it took about 72 hours to get 28 bricks. The first 48ish were on efreeti, so fewer mobs per hour, the last 24 were on hatchlings- higher killrate per hour. In the end though, it worked out to about 2 hrs per brick, with medtime etc not chain pulling without breaks. At 50ish mobs per hour, that's only a 1% droprate. I could be overestimating mobs per hour, or downtime though of course. I was killing about 10 efreeti per spawn, assuming about 3 spawns an hour, and 16-20 dbroods per spawn, also assuming 3 spawns per hour. Adjust the numbers as seen. At first, I had better luck with bad "luck"(19) and then it seems to drop with higher luckstat lol. Only got as many as I did in the hours I did because my improved luck(128 at the time) finally kicked in lol...and I got 10 drops in about the last 16 hours, a nicer 1.6 he each rate, which would be about a 1.5% droprate
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and PCSS like this.
  16. Keise Elder

My 2 cents, most likely the whiners on here are raiders and they want group content made especially for raid geared players. The drop rate is also figured in with kills per hour, group or player rezzing, many factors added in for drop rates
    I know the first thing out of your mouths coming well you suck just quit...the fact is no group geared players are going to have the kill rate of a raid geared group.
    Maybe if they tuned raids around the top three raid guilds globally, and we just tell the rest they suck, just quit...you would know what its like
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and PCSS like this.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

I've funded my next few months of EQ off of the high ore drop rate.
    Thanks, FV drop rules!

1-2 per hour on brood hatchlings. Cha-ching $
    OldCa61 likes this.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The changes will happen with the next patch.
  19. Barbwarrior Augur

Drop rate already looks changed hot fix?
  20. Vaeeldar Augur

Def not changed. RNG strikes again it sounds like.
    Yinla and OldCa61 like this.