Over/Under 75% new tlp announcement this month.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jontrann, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Jontrann Augur

I'll take over.

$600 stimulus checks inc, i'm pretty sure they want some of that money.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

December? nah, too early
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You think there's a >75% chance they announce a new TLP server this month? So in the next 11 days over the holiday season? How much did you wanna bet?
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

lol I'd confidently bet they don't announce in January either.
    dreamweaver and Skuz like this.
  5. Siah Elder

Feb announce, march-may launch
    Skuz likes this.
  6. a_librarian Augur

They would have to be extremely stupid to launch new servers before they've solved some of their crippling stability problems. The Aradune launch was such a disaster.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

100% chance. Announce somewhere in feb-march, launch april-july.

It's an easy cash cow, all the kronolords and sheep will reroll.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

While the Aradune/Rizlona launch was obviously terrible, the servers have still been very successful and undoubtedly very profitable. I'm not sure why you think it would be extremely stupid to repeat that, even if they made absolutely no tech improvements. Certainly some players would get frustrated early on and quit just as they did on Aradune/Rizlona, but that just culls down the population until it reaches a level the servers can reliably handle, and then they print money.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

0%

March/April will be the announcement, with a small chance a letter to the community from JChan hints at plans for it to be released in March/April (maybe later) during February along with anything they intend to hint at they might be doing for the Anniversay.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Extrememly stupid to have more money coming into the company?

I don't think you remotely understand how this TLP thing works, despite all the issues around queues & lag the Aradune TLP was a definite success, and I think Rizlona will grow into one as Aradune ages & people leave it to go to the non-Truebox option.

Yes it definitely could have been an even bigger success had those problems been effectively addressed faster but the game still made a ton of money and it will likely still make a ton of money off the next TLP release too.
  11. a_librarian Augur

Not sure how you arrived at 'never launch another TLP' as the meaning of my post. Of course they will launch new servers, and they would be stupid to continue running their brand into the ground by making their product unplayable for people when they are most excited about playing.

Aradune is the least populated TLP I've seen since Coirnav. The difference between Aradune and Agnarr or Mangler is very noticable. I have a friend who jumps on the new TLP thing every time for like 4-5 months to get a nostalgia fix and piss away money on loot crates. This time he completely lost interest within like two weeks because it was unplayable. I wouldn't be surprised if their metrics were worse in every way for this server when compared to Mangler.
  12. Gremin Augur

March during anniversay annoucements...although I think it would be great if they did not do any new tlps this year.
    Nolrog likes this.
  13. Nolrog Augur

Blutarski.

Seriously dude. The last two are not even in Luclin yet. Why would they release another one now?
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Also, if Aradune and Rizlona are any indication, they don't care / can't pivot fast enough to take advantage of any covid related things (lockdown, stimulus cash) to launch a new server faster than they have already planned.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Fluid Augur

I don't know about everyone else, I ~double my expenditures on EQ during a TLP launch if I participate. I also notice a lot of other characters are doing the same thing, chugging experience, SoW, and Clarity potions from the Market Place. I really don't know as I have never done a survey in game or written down anything. Just an estimate that ~30% of the people do this. Just a guessimate, to crash a server like was happening with Aradune, probably 10k players attempting to login/play? => 3,000 players spending an extra say $10 => $30k boost to revenue in month of introduction just from potions. This doesn't include revenue from BOT armies who keep their original crew on the server they were originally added and start a new BOT army on the new server. Probably enough new revenue in the first month to pay for a year of programmer wages.

Heck, if they really wanted to make some bucks, $30 mounts first month! Just joking.
  16. chunk normous New Member

I'm not saying anyone here is wrong but I would like to point out that, the start of the pandemic was a obvious money making opportunity like the $600 check and they didnt roll out the servers for a long time. So to assume that they are going to hurrying at make a new one just because of the $600 check seems sort of crazy xD.
  17. dreamweaver Community Manager

Way under.
    Thewiz, Skuz, Xoner and 3 others like this.
  18. Jimmy2times Elder

Ill give you bone chips and a fine steel sword on day 1 if you do.
  19. dreamweaver Community Manager

Thats a kind offer, but there still isn't an announcement. lol sorry.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Boze TLP complaint factory

With staff turnover last year + later launch of the new round than usual (May instead of March) my money's on next Fall/Winter at the earliest.
  21. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Completely understandable, I deeply hope the next launch runs a lot better, it should do just given that there are a lot of things that won't be going on next time around and a whole slew of changes were made to deal with the problem.

Will it be a smooth flawless non problematic launch - simple answer is no, it absolutely will have some issues.
    I very much doubt it will be anywhere near as bad as Aradune's launch was though.
    dreamweaver likes this.