rare ore getting more rare

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leerah, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Leerah Augur

I'm hearing a lot of complaints that the crystalized ore drop rate in COV is going from 1% to 0.25%. Just like always. When the raid guilds get enough, the rest of us get kicked in the teeth. Here, eat our scraps. Just offal.
  2. Tappin Augur

This happens every year with almost every aspect of the game. Of course it was an oversight or bug.
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, I love it when the homonym wrong word still fits the context perfectly :)
    Jennre, Grove and Leerah like this.
  4. Vaeeldar Augur

It's going from 4% to 1% from random mobs. And it's being added 100% to chests which means zlandicar will be easy way to get them. Also it's not fixed yet so feel free to farm away over the holidays. I know I have been doing it.

That said raid guilds really don't need this except for a handful of augments - so it's definitely nor for them.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

We may be standing in the water, but why try to swim?
  6. Celephane Augur

How is this a raid guild thing? They do the same group content everyone else does.
  7. birdsong_pawn Augur

No, it was originally intended to be 1%. But it is being changed from the bugged rate of 4% to 0.25%. (So it will be a drop rate of 1 in 400 mobs as the long-run average.)
  8. Vaeeldar Augur

It has the potential for two drops and is evening out to 4% a mob but the rate isn’t set at 4%. If you reread the bug thread he explains the option will be set to .255 drop rate but there are two spots it could drop in so it will net out to about 1% overall.

You can always go farm them as well. And you’re also ignoring the fact that he is adding it back to chests 100% and I think named are also being adjusted up as well (right now they don’t really drop of of them).
  9. JeffHanson Augur

It was always supposed to drop from named and chests.

It's not getting set to 1%. It's getting nerfed badly.
    Biggho and Leerah like this.
  10. Tappin Augur

Why is it that EVERY expansion, drop and spawn rates are under tuned? It makes more sense to over tune and dial it back. Less customer impact. I honestly don’t by this as a bug.
  11. JeffHanson Augur

Yep, the usual bait and switch crap that they pull every expansion.
  12. OldCa61 Augur

Doing 2 for me 1 for you task requires you to kill 5 Kromzek in WW.
    Out of the 5, 1 dropped Ore. These were lvl 112-114 I believe.
    I had one drop from Djinn looking mobs, but they were all lvl 115.
    Anyone else care to list what zone and what exact mobs they've had Ore drops from ???
    Have extra time due to living in Commiefornia I can't work.
    TIA
  13. Leerah Augur

We can't go "farm" them. Triton can. That is the point.

14. Leerah Augur

And with it, when enough people have bought it, experience nerf too!

15. Vaeeldar Augur

Ahh, I 6 box and I'm in group gear. I've been averaging 3-4 an hour but why can't we farm them?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  16. OldCa61 Augur

Would you be so kind as telling us what zone and what mobs are working best for you ???
    Merry Christmas
    Leerah likes this.
  17. Vaeeldar Augur

They've all been mentioned on this thead and the others. WW dracos, caves - honestly I haven't seen much difference just mow mobs in WW. I beleive they drop in CS also but not 100% sure on that.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and OldCa61 like this.
  18. Cadman Elder

The unintended 4% drop rate came from it being set at 1% in a 2d2 table, which it made it 4 times higher than intended.

Dropping it to 0.25% on a 2d2 table will make it 1% (4 times higher than 0.25)
  19. KrakenReality Augur

You’re forgetting last year with the ToV mission currency issue. The devs decided to triple it in the first patch, which screwed earlier players. Instead of just lowering the costs on the vendor.

It goes both ways. Moral of the story is to not play evolving, online titles if you’re worried about changes.
    Duder likes this.
  20. Tegila Augur

I farmed a set just fine(28 bricks). I came back around Halloween, and only have 1 115 in my crew, and no zerkers lol. I didn't even try killing in ToV until I got autogrants at launch because TBL mobs took too long to kill, and ToV and CoV are newer. I don't have a Triton to contend with, but what does that matter. Grab a /pick. It is too bad no raids are out yet, so raid forces won't trigger extra picks lol. There is no reason to say you can't go farm them before the nerfhammer hits. Unless every mob in every pick of WW is dead, you can farm them.(and they drop elsewhere too I just don't know the details)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.