Research and Cov augments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vaeeldar, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Vaeeldar Augur

So I finally decided to max research (having done all the others). However I’m running into an issue with my research being 313 but not letting me make cov augments (says my mastery is not there). I thought limitations were removed to keep this from intel caster only? Oddly it says master artisan on all the other skills but this one still says master researcher. Am I missing something? Never had this issue with the other skills.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

My guess is that you need to get to a 325 skill, but that's only a guess.

Is that 313 with or without a geerlok/trophy?
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

313 with or without trophy?

Some recipes have a minimum skill level to be able to create them.
    Svann2 likes this.
  4. Cadman Elder

Minimum skill required is 301, so your 313 skill must be including trophy which doesn't count for min skill checks
  5. Vaeeldar Augur

So I never made trophy. It's 313 with no trophy. Tried logging in and out and still no fix (it says master researcher next to skill not master artisan). Sounds like I'm bugged then.
  6. Vaeeldar Augur

Hmm the skill is in green. I need to figure out how I have a modifier on it. That's just plain odd
  7. birdsong_pawn Augur

It's probably min 325 modified skill. You should make your trophy anyway.
  8. Cadman Elder

Defo not 325, I can make them with 312 unmodified skill
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

Paste in the line from the log file please.

What container are you using? What components did you put into the slots? What recipe are you attempting? Are you attempting the combine for the Faded container or are you trying to combine the Restless ore in the aug container?
  10. Vaeeldar Augur

So I'm doing the faded restless velium ingenuity aug - working to make the faded piece - I've done smithing, tailoring, pottery and jc items already for faded so I'm ued to the process. It's exactly the message you get for being too low level:

[Mon Dec 21 13:42:35 2020] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
    [Mon Dec 21 13:44:20 2020] Requesting favorite recipes...
    [Mon Dec 21 13:44:38 2020] You are too inexperienced in your craft to even consider attempting this combination.

I'm 313 out of 350 (it shows as green for some reason but I have no trophy). I've also taken every item off and did a search on trophy to make sure I did not build one years ago in a bank. I've also kept making. I'm using the research table in pok next to small bank.

Honestly I think I'm bugged but I'm making combat spellbooks to see if I can even get it to go up one level. So far 300 in with no raise when I get to 750-1000 should confirm the issue. not real sure what else it could be.
  11. Vaeeldar Augur

What's truly odd is i've literaly stripped by body down to nothing and still shows as 313 on the research skill. The skill shows as green in the skill tab but all my trade skills above 300 show that so I assume that's normal? I honestly can't figure out what it could be besides a glitch.
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

The skill will show in green if you have unlocked/are over 300 base skill. I have 320 base skill with no modifiers equipped. It doesn't answer your question about why you can't do the combine, but it could explain your issue with it showing green without explanation.

That said: you indicate you took everything off to test, but you do not mention tribute. Is there any chance you have your research trophy active in tribute? That could also explain the green if you are below 300 skill with no modifier equipped. You said you did a search for the trophy but did you search for "Ethereal Quill?"
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

So separately, once you go over 300 it does turn green, but you can only skillup from combines to 300. To get points over 300, you have to increase your number of learned recipes but not all recipes that give a learned message will count. For Research, there are about 4000 recipes that we know about that count for learned going over 300 and you need to have learned about 2500 of them. Research has the highest requirement of all the TS.

As far as the message, maybe there's a requirement to have skill over 300 and a trophy? From replies it sounds like its possible with a base skill > 300 but maybe the ones getting it also have a trophy? If it is a character data issue then you may need to open a petition for CS to look into it for you.
  14. Vaeeldar Augur

I shut tribute off for same concern. Nothing. Ethereal quill, I did a search just now also not there. This is truly oddest thing I've seen - about 500 combat spellbooks in with no skil raise. I'm pretty sure I'm bugged somehow.
  15. Vaeeldar Augur

I think I'm going to have to. I haven't put a trophy on any of the other skills (granted some have gone slightly over but research is now the highest) and yet I could build faded velium just fine on them. Can't on the augments only - every other piece is no issue.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im pretty sure its minimum 320.
    Modified skill, not base skill.
    So if you get above that using trophy it should count.
  17. Vaeeldar Augur

Seems odd research would have a higher skill requirement then the other ones which were absolutely base 300. I guess I'll get the next 7 points then and go from there.
  18. Lianeb Augur

Quite a few current era recipes since RoS have min level requirements. Most are set at 320, and Ngreth has said in the past he cannot distinguish between modded and unmodded skill other than putting the check over the unmodded skill cap.
  19. Vaeeldar Augur

It's odd that every single COV skill check was 300 for the rest of faded. I guess I'll have to finish my trophy real fast to confirm.
  20. Tegila Augur

My research is certainly not that high, maybe 305, and I made them fine. I also don't have a tailoring trophy(akhevan shadow shears) but I can do those faded fine so trophy isn't required either.

Again,OP: you CAN NOT get skillups doing a recipe over and over past 300. You MUST do different recipes you don't already know. That said, you should probably go get the trophy quest and do those for a start. It's not that difficult and you either already know the recipes=simple, or you don't, which could give you a skillup.

You're also shooting yourself in the foot not equipping trophies for these if you have them, or getting them or some other skillmod for each, as the closer your skill is to the trivial, the less chance of failing it.

Idk why you can't do the combine, unless there's a book somewhere you need scribed that's somehow required even though the recipes for these are NOT sceibable. Scribing every recipe book in existence is the best way to start getting skillups past 300 anyway.