cobalt scar lag

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Svann2, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Every time Im in cobalt scar the pulled mobs rubber band like crazy. Yesterday there were only 45 players in zone and it was still happening. Is this expected weakness of servers, or is there something majorly wrong with that zone code?
    Skuz, Duder and Barton like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Fenthen likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

This is out in the open no where near the tunnel though. I dont think its the same thing. Mobs arent having trouble pathing they are just running then warping backward 10 yards then running then warping backwards, over and over. Its like their movement server is lagging. They do eventually get to the group but its taking them 3x as long as it should.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Any pressure anywhere in the zone is going to have an impact on the whole zone. When you have lots of mobs caught up in the geometry continually trying to calculate a pathing update. Like when there wasn't a limit on how many mobs were kiteable and dragging an entire zone of mobs lagged the whole thing.
    Yinla and Svann2 like this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

This happened to me in WW the other day. I checked and there were like 50 something people in the zone. I was able to /pick over to an instance with less than 10 people in it and the rubberbanding stopped.

My advice: keep using /pick to get one that's less populated.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok thanks for the advice.
    This game should be better than that.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I agree. They should probably adjust the pick threshold down to like 15 or something to keep this from happening.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont understand how they can be so limited. Zones used to support tons of players with no problem. Well, technically there have always been issues, but nothing like needing to limit zones to just a couple groups.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

We were having some severe problems starting up and entering the Aaryonar mission, until we /pickzone'd over to an instance without 64 people in it. The lag with acquiring and entering the mission vanished.

It really shouldn't be this way.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Vaeeldar Augur

Zones are a lot bigger and far far more mobs. Think about lguk or sol b and compare it to what we have today.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

I believe those zones had far more mobs than CS or WW!
    Fenthen likes this.