Zlandicar Reborn: Skin Care

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sissruukk, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

I have some guildies that have attempted to get this achieve. One guildmate stated that he is able to get Rotted Flesh, but has yet to be hit with Oily Skin. Another said that they got both, killed Zlandicar before they wore off, but waited before opening the chest until both debuffs were gone (he didn't get the achievement). I realize that to get this you at least have to slow kill Zlandicar.

Also, is the tank immune from getting these effects?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
  2. Rules New Member

I did this, you just have to slow kill it was like 2mins for the first and then the 2nd one hits part way through so another 2-3mins, I'd say 5 mins in total... got 2 sets of adds that don't really do anything just be aware. the key is you must keep the dragon head away from the toon getting the achiev otherwise its breath spell knocks off the buff you need to time out. it will also get refreshed right when it reaches the end, at that point you've gotten it.
    Sissruukk and Ironkeg like this.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

Also, don't open the chest before the buffs fade, as the achievement check won't happen then ><
    Sissruukk likes this.
  4. RPoo Augur

Zlandicar will refresh each buff when they are under a minute, then you can get him to 5% and wait before opening chest. like said, don't be in front or they will get knocked off from the frontal attack. Poor tank gets hosed on this achievement so they have to find another tank to tank for them so they can get the achievement too.
  5. Qimble Augur

It's also bugged. My guild has tried both ways (opening chest before debuff expiry, opening chest after) and neither works 100% of the time. And as RPoo says, it's really obnoxious that we have to lose one group for a lockout for a tank to be able to get the achieve.
  6. Nniki Augur

1. Stand behind the dragon; Don't get hit by the breath attack, as it'll clear the debuffs.
    2. Get both debuffs twice such that they've both been refreshed.
    3. Finish mission and open chest; don't need to wait for them to fade.
    At least, that's been our experience every time we've done it. Immediately finished mission and opened chest after two applications of each debuff.
    Kamor and Sissruukk like this.
  7. Anastasis Elder

Can you explain on the adds that don't really do anything? They attack the tank and I was told it was like hit 80K per. Maybe we did something wrong?
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

take a mezzer and lock them down.
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

not entirely true - if you open after both buffs have refreshed - meaning they hit you, then hit you again (for _both_ debuffs), you can open the chest or at least its worked that way for me.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

Glad it works for you, I haven't gotten it to work that way yet though. No worries, I don't really work on the mission achievements since TBL as they are way too difficult to complete the whole swath for me, therefore rendering them moot.
  11. Covennx Augur

Debuff duration is 4 minutes, so just have to have the debuffs on you for 4 minutes minimum, doesn't matter if they refresh. Start timer when Oily Skin lands, kill when it hits 4 minutes.
  12. Deathly Elder

Dragon bites on a fully raid geared SK using the second mark:
    47 -1661
    47 - 84709
    48 - 81136
    49 - 52018
    49 - 84709
    50 - 84709
    50 - 84709

Hits like a mac truck.

Adds:
    28 - 33365
    28 - 23604
    28 - 22209
    28 - 35281
    28 - 13972
    Dragon:
    28 - 60484
    28 - 63658
    28 - 28750

Mission is rough. You really have to work for the achieve. I wonder how well group geared COV peeps handle the mac truck. I would be depressed surviving it and not getting the achievement cause bugged that is for sure. I managed to get both buffs and finish off the dragon, waited for buffs to wear off and got no achievement.
  13. Duder Augur

Untrue
  14. Beco Lorekeeper

Did not work today. 6 chars, 4 of them with 2 dots, 2 chars with only one dot. Waited until all dots had run out. No char got the archivement.
  15. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

In our experience, you must earn the achievement, then before opening the chest you must go through the additional text dialogue on zlandicar. If you don’t, the achievement will not register. Hope that helps.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. Cadira Augur

Get boss to 70% so breath mechanics start. Have ranged dps kill piper (once and only once). Endure dragons massive dps on main tank until you've had both debuffs for at least four minutes (start a four minute timer as soon as you receive second debuff). After timer ends blow up dragon and win.

Can stand behind geometry to avoid certain dragon directions I think?