Environment particle settings don't do anything

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Drencrom, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

How come the slider for "Environment" particle effects doesn't affect environment particles?

From campfires, to waterfalls, to intrusive pillars of mist like that one spot at the bottom of Sul Vius where a bunch of events take place. I can't tone them down. The campfire is the worst offender, especially when multiboxing in a popular zone.

And no, I don't just need a better PC- it takes a lot to bog mine down. I just straight up hate having the thick smoke blocking my view. I mostly play in 3rd person so even if I am not standing directly on top of the effect, it's usually on screen still.

So, how do you adjust these environment particles?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

From Fanra:

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Graphics_and_performance_settings_guide

Particles - This section allows you to adjust the number of particles displayed during spell effects. In some cases a lower setting may improve performance. You can make adjustments for Spells, the Environment (Env), and Player particles. You should set these for Me + NPC, and just pick a low density if you are using a slow computer. A lot of AE spells have particle effects that flood the area they affect, and sometimes seeing these particles is the difference between life and death. I wouldn't use anything other than Me + NPC unless you like to see a LOT of flashy particle effects.
    These settings can be important because some quests, missions, and raids require you to be able to see some particles. In order to see the particles you need to for quests, missions, and raids, see Necessary Effects below.
    • Near Clip (Near, Medium, Far, Farthest): Determines whether or not to include particles based on how far from you they are.
    • Density (Off, Low, Medium, High): Determines the thickness of the particles.
    • On For:
      • Spell tab (My spells, Group spells, Raid spells, All PCs, Me + NPC, Group + NPC, Raid + NPC, All spells): Determines what spell effects are displayed on your screen. Limiting what is displayed may improve performance.
      • Player tab (Me, Group, Raid, All PCs, Me + NPC, Group + NPC, Raid + NPC, Everyone): Determines what particle effects on players (weapon, nimbus, etc.) are displayed on your screen. Limiting what is displayed may improve performance.
    • Opacity: Determines the transparency of the particles. 100% means totally solid.
    The following settings will allow you to see all relevant auras and things you need to see without being too overwhelming...except in certain situation where things were poorly designed. (Arx 3). If you click the link above you will see that Fanra also suggests settings slightly different than these:

Particles:

Spell > Near Clip: Near Density: Low On For: Me + NPC Opacity: 25%
    Env > Near Clip: Near Density: Low Opacity: 25%
    Player > Near Clip: Near Density: Low On For: Me + NPC Opacity: 25%
  3. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Ah, I see you're not here to help, or even comprehend what's being asked. Just another teacher's pet playing as customer service. Cut and paste a useless response and bail. I'm so glad I could help you with your problem of "not enough attention".

Funny though, since I was the one asking for help.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Since I did not assume to know your intelligence or familiarity with the game then I would have had no idea or any comprehension that you were or were not familiar with those settings which are very helpful to many in the game.

I frequent that area of Sul Vius at least 3 days a week and have no issue with smoke or any other particle effects there or elsewhere.

So I could have said that and blamed your computer since it works fine on mine, but I comprehended you did not want that response. ;)

As far as playing "teachers pet for customer service"....you did notice that this is the "Player Support" section where players try and help other players? It is hard for some to comprehend that this is not the sub forum for help from the tech or cs in the game.

As far as bailing after the posting? What the H are you talking about? Was I suppose to wait for a response from you? Sorry guy but the game is not played that way, nor is life.

Next time I will go with my first reaction to your post which was:

If you don't want to see all that smoke then put down the bong!:D
    GNOME_POWER and Nennius like this.
  5. Febb Augur

Being rude isn't going to get you any help. I know the answer to this one but because of your fowl attitude, I'm not sharing the answer.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Oh look, all those words and still no help. Guess it's "Needs attention" then.
  7. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

"foul"

And no, you don't. You probably think it's the environment slider like the other guy. Glad you stopped in here to get yourself some attention and not give any help, though. Great guys, both of you.
  8. Febb Augur

I don't have to help you nor does anyone here. Drop the attitude and someone might be kind enough to point you in the right direction.
    Nennius likes this.