Pet aggro since CoV went live

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raeff the Druid, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Raeff the Druid Lorekeeper

Seems pet aggro is messed up.

Prior to launch I saved 200 AAs, just waiting to boost pet defensive as soon as LIVE hit. I had been boxing in Velks and killing named there pretty handily. My BST/Zerker/Bard set rarely stole aggro from pet......admittedly I didn't burn that hard because I didn't want to have zerker die while I was tabbed elsewhere. Nevertheless, BST could always melee, Dicho, DoT, etc....and rarely took aggro.

Now I have purchased all CoV pet defensive AA (since COV went live) but pet can't hold aggro at all. MY BST can't cast DoTs at all, and sometimes is stealing aggro with just auto attack! Crazy!

Can't dps worth a darn right now or else I grab aggro and boom -BST is getting whacked!

This is with full defensive buffs on pet and Debilitating Bite instead of the better dps pet buff.

Devs - please restore pet aggro back to where it was in ToV.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Barton, Yinla, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  2. OldCa61 Augur

I have problem with Merc Healer that did not exist before CoV.
    EM27 Pet could tank named in ToV. I could Solo trash with Healer Merc no problem. I rarely had to throw a random heal in, Rarely.
    Now in CoV Healer Merc is boomeranging like a rubber band. Goes from 100% to nearly dead just fighting lvl 112 rabbits ? I can assist with heals and have killed lvl 114 blues, but man it's a No Blink style or I'm toast.
    What changed ???
    Curious if anyone else who occasionally solo's has noticed this.
  3. Rondor Augur

4. Soulbanshee Augur

Mob damage and HP in CoV increased across all con. Without a level increase, merc efficacy has increased 0%.
    Yinla and OldCa61 like this.
  5. GoneFission Augur

Is this just in CoV zones? I have needed to pet tank some ToV named and PH without issue. Singles, of course.
  6. Kase Augur

Go to the bug report for this and like first post to get more attention to devs on this issue... post been up a few days there
  7. Petalonyx Augur

Are you having issues in a base zone with lots of people?

Ive had similar issues in GD and WW when they are full of folks and unstable. Problem goes away if i come back at non-peak times and/or use a pickzone.

I suspect it is because pets wont path or attack properly with all the zone lag.
  8. Sprained wrist hurts New Member

There is no such thing as pet agro. It's a myth.