Velium Threaded Gem of Vigor-LORE

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tegila, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Tegila Augur

won't let me combine this, saying it's a lore item. the only gem of vigor I own is Conflagrant, and i own every other conflagrant gem in existence adn every other gem for threaded velium worked jsut fine. can't create the gem of vigor though. this is definitely broken.
    Angahran likes this.
  2. Moege Augur

Lore Group: Velium Threaded Intellect or Might

Usually in same lore group as Gem of Brilliance, don't see that the sites list it, may not even be on the aug description. Safe bet that is why you cannot make it.
  3. Tegila Augur

Yeah I was told that. Made augs out of order or it would've been other that wouldn't make. It does say loregeoup once made but wasn't here tov and before to know. Dragons hoard solved the issue lol. Stuck brilliance in that rather than destroy

That said, I think it's silly "intellect or might" they're neither might heroics, and the augs that are might heroics(hdex etc-security and adroit) don't have the same deal. Why do it here?

Seems something decided years ago then CnPd. Maybe should reevaluate since it's not the same deal with others
  4. demoria7 Elder

Why would they not let you make all the augs for a new expansion and install them. Makes no sense to make both in the same lore group. Hope they reconsider. It was a pain to farm the bricks.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Because there's a ton of h-sta on both of those and the stats are balanced assuming only one is equipped. If they were to think about allowing both, there would be a deep stat reduction on both.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Dharken Elder

Yeah, This isnt a bug/broken. Look at the previous expansions from RoS, TBL, ToV and here in CoV, The same lore groups apply.

Trying to pass this off as a bug in hopes of getting more augs for less work is just sad. Do your progression and your characters will be well balanced and properly geared.

The only thing we might be able to ask for is "Can we put the Lore Group in the Pre-crafted window?"
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Tegila Augur

I put in as a bug because I didn't know about the loregroup when I posted it. AS I SAID in the original post. Don't be a jerk. Wasn't here the previous expansions, and the conflagrant I have, I didn't see a point in the brilliance so I didn't encounter it there either, not to mention that there is no preview link in CoV. If the hstam is so OPd that you can't have 2 augs with it from same expac, why is it ok to have 2 with hdex and ac? That's the part I don't get about the lore tag. I only wanted this one for the AC to phase out older augs.
  8. Dharken Elder

I apologize, I dont see where you said anything other than accusing an item of being broken because you didnt do your research. I can tell you were not here for the previous expansions, and have skipped the progression you need to do to get your character up to par, had you not, then you would have been aware of LORE GROUP items, not jut Lore items.

Dont accuse me of being a jerk for your failure, I am going to bet this has been explained multiple times.

As for the items not showing their link with the new CoV crafted, Its already been posted. I know its a long stretch to think that the same flow of lore/lore groups would apply from one expansion to the next, but again, A little research goes a long way.
  9. Tegila Augur

Previous expansion brilliance augs weren't worth having so here or not, I wouldn't have(and didn't, as I mentioned with the conflagrant) encountered the issue. I know who you are and I don't get why you're being like this ingame and on here. I made this post before you answered ingame. My issue with the loregroup is that if it's based on the heroic stat, why isn't there also a loregroup for the others with same heroic stats?(adroitness and security for example.)
    Not trying to argue with you. The matter is done with.
  10. Derka Power Ranger

11. Tegila Augur

Security has more hstam than either lol. Whatever. It's been discussed, I still don't get why hdex ones aren't the same way though, or fix hstam so it's not OPd. I know going forward. If it could be equipped and remove the Stam from one of them(like prestige augs don't count for silver accts in a nonprestige gear item) that'd be cool too, but it would be a lot of coding and just not worth it. For the most part the brilliance augs suck, and ideally so does this one for a tank, I never would've cared if I'd made vigor first(I had a small stack of bricks and the fadeds to make them in, and didn't do them in any order, whereas I should've done them as I got them in order of importance. Brilliance was the last one I decided to add, to get rid of an old old aug - so an afterthought.) Dharkens right that I need to do some older stuff yet, but progression really doesn't have anything to do with these augs anyway as they're made from bricks of a given expansion, not progression rewards or unlocks.
  12. Duder Augur

[IMG]
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

Close, player tears are like unicorn blood to developers, keeps them young.
    Nennius and Duder like this.
  14. Tegila Augur

Wtf seriously. I wasn't whining or crying about jack. Get a life.
  15. Angahran Augur

Maybe if the 'faded' containers actually had the links to the final items people could have seen that there was a lore group attached. But since they are currently broken how are people supposed to know ?
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

CoV tradeskills are the exact same as ToV tradeskills, with a different tint (pink) on the material items and most have "restless" in the name. Otherwise, the recipes and resulting items are 100% the same.

The small difference between ToV and CoV is:
    • the lack of "lore equipped" tags on all dropped items, making them difficult to farm/resell
    • T1 containers (snowsquall) are lore which is incredibly stupid
    • tradeskill type 7/8 augs have the Secondary slot flag
    • named mobs can drop the group-mission-coin version type 5 augs incredibly rarely (such as after 50+ Ol Grinnin Finely kills I looted the non-lore hAgi aug, instant 75k plat in my pocket).
    Am I missing anything?
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The decision that resulted in the "Lore Group" was based on Casters/Priests only getting 1 Heroic Stat on their aug (Int or Wis) while other classes were getting 2 Heroic Stats (Str/Sta). The decision was made to add HSta to the Caster Aug so they would have 2 stats as well.

Originally, Casters/priests didn't want the tank/melee aug (Hstr/Hsta) and tank/melee didn't want the Caster aug (Int/Wis), to keep this balance they added the lore group. Otherwise a lot of players would get both augs just for the Hsta when the original intention was to use one or the other.
    Yinla and Tegila like this.
  18. Tegila Augur

You must be on FV. Snowsquall containers are no trade, making the Lore tag useful so no one loots something they already have and forgot(it's not on wrists). No dropped gear is tradeable in CoV that didn't already exist(Ice Encrusted), so you'll have to make a case for new tags for FV server.

The resulting items are also not 100% the same because they're improved, making the 1 item this was about and its counterpart worth looking at for a returnee*, though still very low on the list, where the older Brilliance's never were interesting for a tank to even consider. Idk about you, but if have no interest in something, idc about all its little tags and nuances.
  19. Mikana Augur

Just got caught out by this myself - never had the previous versions, so wasn't aware of the lore group. Would have been super handy to have the link on the container =/
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Froglok Augur

Lore Group shouldn't prevent making the aug, itself, should it? It should just prevent equipping it if you have one equipped from the group, no?

Also, the biggest bug here is the lack of preview links on the CoV crafted items.