GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Fairly certain I know the cause and should be fixed for the update

On which box(es) can you not shift+control?
    Changing from a simple text display box (old listviews) to the current boxes (datagridviews) is what allows for a lot of new functionality, but it requires setting how you can select things manually for each box.

Pet identification should be more accurate, not less. However, as I said above, .99 doesn't necessarily have all of the changes my current version does.

As for how it should work:

Pets should be tied to the first player they are associated with. This means if Player1 and Player2 both have a pet named the same thing, whomever is first to claim ownership of the pet will be that pet's owner for as long as GamParse is open.

IF the pet is uniquely named, then the pet association will be saved in the settings file and when GamParse is restarted it will be automatically linked to that Player again. If the pet had an EQ generated name, it will NOT be saved and must be reassociated to the owner.

Only unclaimed pets should show up in the box on the damage overview to be manually assigned to a player. If a pet isn't showing in the box, that means it is already assigned to someone.

Only known players should show up in the box to be allowed to link a pet to. If a player isn't showing up in the owner box, that means GamParse hasn't determined if that name belongs to a real player or an npc. The easiest way to fix this is to send that person a quick tell so GP knows it is a player.

I have added an option (not in your version) to display current pet/owner assignments (you can currently see this in the settings file, but only for uniquely named pets) and *may* add an option to re-assign them, but it will require reparsing to do so.

If you really need to reassign a pet, you can manually edit the settings file and add/change the association to the bottom, but be aware that this only works for uniquely named pets. If you try to add a pet with a default EQ name, or a player name, the auto-association will fail.

Class identification hasn't changed. Most likely it is because it doesn't have newer spells listed, which is because it isn't using the newest version but is based off the older one.
  2. Pryssylus Journeyman

Toon select definitely broken. After combining fights, I cannot select top 10 (or 5 or even 2) via shift-or-ctrl click for posting to EQ.
  3. Pryssylus Journeyman

Is further info needed, or is above actionable? I'm the guy who posts our top 10 dps after each raid event, and this loss of functionality means I can no longer do that with Gamparse.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Prob just return to .98 until Beimeth has time to look at it.
  5. Tevik Augur

My mage's pet never shows up as a pet for whatever reason, so I can't link him. I'm guessing it's due to his custom name (Elmo).
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

7. Zevran New Member

8. Kedra Leafwalker Lorekeeper

I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem but here goes. When I run GamParse-2.0.0-Beta.exe it opens then closes right away no error or anything. any one have a thought.
  9. Darkhain Elder

In the Overview panel, Damage panel, you can't select more than 1 player in the list, shift or ctrl doesn't work.

Pet issue, with tells seems to work.

Tanking tab both in Overview tab and Tanking tab, doesn't work also.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Gamparse locked up or very slow to load file from disk now.
    I dont use it very often so I dont know when this started. Loading a 20MB file is taking 5 minutes. The same file takes notepad 8 seconds. This is version 2.0.0.0.98. It seems like it just stops loading for extended periods of time, then eventually starts again. Cant seem to get the newer version because the link times out.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok nevermind. Link went through. New version working for me.
  12. Helloitsme New Member

Oh yeah, that's also an issue, maight be linked to new windows update tho? both version loading slow if you try to parse from last hour or older (anything other than monitor new fight).
  13. Rarthin New Member

Having issues downloading myself.
    Link times out and will not download
  14. Phynster2 Journeyman

Same, Gamparse has been freezing as soon as I get to 20MB which is 1 hours worth of fighting and with CoV and new gear I want to see my 1 hour sustained, so i went to reinstall only to have the link time out, time and time again.
  15. Sappas Journeyman

What am I doing wrong? Gamparse seems to be WAY off.

For example, I looked at a fight that lasted 56 seconds and it said I did about 800k dmg... 14kdps. I went to the log file and manually added up all my hits. I did just over 7,745,000 dmg... about 151k dps (my dps lasted 51 sec).

That is a massive difference from what Gamparse was showing. I even tried Gamparse offline and still got the same 800k. I opened up a log file from a box and it showed me at 800k also.
    Is there a setting I might have wrong in Gamparse you think? I mean, the data is clearly there, it's just not adding it up.

I have version 1.6.1.7 loaded on a windows 10 machine.
  16. Darkhain Elder

This version is out of date, use the beta version from the link in the first page.
    Sancus likes this.
  17. Siilmaril New Member

Is anyone else struggling to get the link on the first page to connect successfully?
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

Several days ago it was, then the next morning it worked.
  19. Pryssylus Journeyman

Pryssylus said:
    Is further info needed, or is above actionable? I'm the guy who posts our top 10 dps after each raid event, and this loss of functionality means I can no longer do that with Gamparse.”

Beimeith said:
    “On which box(es) can you not shift+control?”

As noted in my original post, above:

Toon select definitely broken. After combining fights, I cannot select top 10 (or 5 or even 2) via shift-or-ctrl click for posting to EQ.

In other words, I'm only able to highlight ONE toon at a time to send to (paste in) EQ.

Anyone have a link I can use to download 2.0.0.98?
  20. Strat791 New Member

Is there any of the older beta's that do not suffer from the extremely long load from disk problem? Anything over a certain size log will completely lock mine up. Even smaller ones will take 30+ minutes to load.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.