Quick box questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FL!P, Dec 18, 2020.

1. FL!P Augur

I do not enjoy boxing very much but would like to catch up to group range of everyone at the top and be effective. That said.

1. If i box sk/sham is it just buffing my sk and then playing the sk while spot healing and applying champ/panth from the sham?
    2. Which box is the least maintenance. I really would like to play just one character.
    3. If i solo and molo which class has best chance of doing so and catching up and being effective? Which class can do this and actually find a group. Im sure raiding will be wayyyyyy doen the road if i start now.

I have a heroic toon and was thinking of doing a heroic shaman to pl my sk and eventually box with it. Any suggestions on other easy boxes or solo classes?
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

SK/SHM is a stellar Combo. Make two macro hotkeys for Shammy for pulls. First one assists, debuff/slow, panth. Second DoTs. Can also toss a HoT in there.
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. Junck Journeyman

Another option is a bard. With the /melody it is one click to continuously play a loop of haste, slow, snare, dot, regen, etc, etc. Assuming you will be using healer mercs.
  4. FL!P Augur

Ok so its not to macro intense and pretty straightforward. Dope. I did think about the bard just figured sham prolly be just as easy and potentially do more with if i actually got good at it. I just really hate boxing. Something about firing up another account and logging in i guess gives me enough time to question what im doing.. And playing multiple toons kills my personal experience in the game having to constantly swap around. At the same time its pretty much required to box if you wanna play anymore it feels like.

I also heard pally and wiz could be fun, ever tried that setup?
  5. Vaeeldar Augur

Wiz are useless in the modern era, so I wouldn’t recommend it. Sk/Shaman is your best best bet. Or weaker earlier but killer for end game grouping Sk/Cleric.

If you just want to hit max level - necro can solo there np and is great in groups these days.
  6. Tucoh Augur

sk/sha is a great combo. You can just buff your SK and do OK or try-hard and heal / DoT / debuff / CC with your shaman and do great.

sk/brd is good too, but not as versatile as sk/sha.
  7. FL!P Augur

Could a druid potentially solo/molo to group range of others? or strictly bst,mage,necro,sk? Seems towards the end game hard part is just something thick enough to take a hit for you
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Most important thing is finding a class you really enjoy playing & secondly one that will find a space on a raid if you plan to raid later.

Every class is fun to some degree but "will it fit you?" is the better question & that's something only you can discover for yourself.

I would say if you just want to group then any class is fine, if you want to raid you gotta be a little more careful on choices, some classes are naturally more popular & other naturally less so.
    Playing a less popular class can much more easily guarantee you a raid spot but can also mean you are going to have a much tougher time catching up without help.

I'd look around at the guilds you want to be in & the classes they have;
    1. lots of (to avoid)
    2. a decent amount of (to consider if they are good soloer or popular in groups)
    3. only a few or none of (but can they / will they provide lots of help to you).
    Celephane likes this.
  9. Ironkeg New Member

A druid can solo/molo all the way. You just have to choose your mobs. More realistically, you can solo while looking for a group as pure solo/molo would take a long time.

The shadow knight/shaman combination is one of the strongest teams and it will let you take on just about any mob once you have the right AA/Gear combination and a lot of mission and progression content. It's a fun combination to play and you'll likely have no problem getting into groups with either one of those when you don't want to box. Many, many other class combinations can work.

My advice though is to get into a good guild, one that fits your playstyle and keep letting people know that you want to group. Pretty soon you'll have a core group of people that will pull you into groups and missions/progression content. Then solo/molo or tradeskill if that's your style when not grouping.

Good luck and hope you have fun.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

As a long-time druid, let me answer with this:

Can a druid solo/molo to max level (or close to it)? Absolutely, and not particularly slowly, either.

The catch? Solo, you'll have VERY few places to experience that fast-pace XP (quint-kite and swarm charming areas are not all that plentiful). If you molo, it'll have to be with a tank merc, and that has it's own frustrations. Against trash, it's definitely doable, though slower XP than solo. But if you want to get all the missions done along the way, so you don't just get to max level without any progression/flags/achievements done, that may be a stretch.

In other words, you can do it, but it's likely gonna be a boring grind. I'd recommend boxing 2 or 3 chars you enjoy, and let them help each other level, and enjoy the ride.

Oh, and make sure at least one of those chars is a tank.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Soloing and moloing level appropriate content is no way to play EQ. There are better ways to play eq and better games to play solo.