Bards and Mount Buff

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Burpee, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Burpee New Member

Im kind of new to bards. I know they have some limitations on mana regen. I was just wondering if those mount buffs that have mana regen on them affect bards. Im guessing the ac, hp and mana etc do, but the mana regen no??
  2. Szilent Augur

correct, mana regen buffs of all kinds (including mount/familiar) do nothing for bards
    Andarriel and Nniki like this.
  3. Nniki Augur

Correct, bards do not benefit from mana regeneration on mount blessing effects nor buffs/songs in general. The only exception to that rule is bard's activatable Rallying Call/Solo AA, which lands in the song window.

However, there are a couple of instant effects that can modify mana levels directly: mod rod effects and the staunch recovery AA. Originally, neither of those returned mana for a bard, but, fortunately, they do today. Also, a divine resurrection from a cleric will return a bard's mana to full, as it's more of a reset.

It's also good to be aware that the activatable Glyph of Arcane Secrets AA will reduce mana costs for bards. It lasts for 10 minutes. If you have the spare AAs to waste on glyphs, it can be good for longer grinding/farming sessions so that med breaks are needed less frequently.
    Skuz, Wulfhere and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Szilent Augur

:eek:

:)
    Svann2 and Jennre like this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

my med breaks aren't for mana, but for endurance.. I still blow through enurance faster than mana
  6. Szilent Augur

Since CoV, new Insult has my blue bar emptying out faster than yellow. Its had me considering Composite in the melody to even out their drain.
    Jennre likes this.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

with insult as every 3rd song, I still chew endurance faster.. not as much as in the past, but it's still a good 25-30% of my mana left while I've killed 2 or 3 mobs with no endurace til I finally give up and rally myself..
  8. Cuuthbert Augur

If you are using Insult for the damage it does, then you need to use new ones. If you are using the insult for the synergy, just use Sathir's Insult and you will not chew through the mana as fast and still get the synergy.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

the twist I run all of the time now, even solo, is:
    Amplification, yelniaks, dot 1, sathir's, dot 2, yelniaks, dot 3, sathirs, warmarch, yelniaks, dot 1, sathir's, dot 2, yelniaks, dot 3, sathirs, warmarch

that keeps amplification up at all times for the kick boost that it gives, gives the synergy hit every 6 seconds to everyone in the group, at 135k for a melee or DD hit, and keeps my dots rolling right along.

I do have a pre-fight twist I will pop those times when we actually get a real hey this is your 30 second warning.. message

Amp, aria, warmarch, song of suffering, symphony, dissident psalm, chorus, and spiteful lyric
    code-zero and Jennre like this.
  10. ptah Augur

Dont forget them Hero AA, Resolution. that up the mana regen 2, yea it not much but with 39 ranks, its better than nothing.

I will flop to Hint type 5 (more Hint more raw mana and Ups the cap on regen mana) on events that longer events. 100% Acrane Glyph helps. That when in a setting with heavy dps.

Yes sathin at 110 is better mana saving and use other push nuke as well. Getting synergy down under 3s. I do this both for synergy proc and to push fellow bards alliance fills as much as I can.

when x equals an insult melody looks like this
    xx1xx2xx3
    1 is aria
    2 often is haste, sometimes not sing a AE haste, and aura everyone at 225. mix bag mod2 effects are still wanted, mostly at 2.
    3 can be anything, reckless, suffering, pulse for others etc

Modern Dots are great but often take too many debuff slots, Nec druid shaman start to cry.

I like Elys setup in group non alliance set, but do forget and run max synergy sometimes.
    Elyssanda and code-zero like this.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

ptah, We run 7-9 bards most raids, we often are filling alliance every second or 2. IF all of our necro's show up, we have 3 (and they are usually in my group) .. otherwise it's one lonely guy complaining about slots.

And yes, this will BURN mana like MAD. I didn't think about how much I used, and was chatting with a non-raid bard, and a week later when I saw him, he was like HOW the hell do you keep up with the mana cost.. well.. I have like 100k more mana then he did.. so now , he is using it as his burn twist.
  12. Waitwhat Elder

Hello. Where is Aria in this setup (if no pre-fight melody)?
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

It's not.
  14. Zolav Augur

Why oh why are you not using Aria? cause of your group makeup? or did they change it.. it had diff stats then the Aura
  15. Zolav Augur

Aura of Margidor Effect II

Not a player spell: Clicky, NPC spell, Proc, etc.

Slot 1: Increase Spell Damage by 32% (v124, Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
    Slot 2: Increase Melee Haste by 25% (v119)
    Slot 3: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points
    Slot 4: Limit Max Level: 115 (Lose 5% per Level)
    Slot 5: Limit Type: Detrimental
    Slot 6: Limit Target: Exclude Caster AE
    Slot 7: Limit Target: Exclude Caster PB
    Slot 8: Limit Target: Exclude Target AE
    Slot 9: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    Slot 10: Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 25%
    Slot 11: Increase Chance to Flurry by 23%
    Slot 12: Increase Pet Chance to Flurry by 29%

Aria of Margidor Rk. II

Bard (111)

Slot 1: Increase Spell Damage by 46% (v124, Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
    Slot 2: Increase Melee Haste by 25% (v119)
    Slot 3: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points
    Slot 4: Limit Max Level: 115 (Lose 5% per Level)
    Slot 5: Limit Type: Detrimental
    Slot 6: Limit Target: Exclude Caster AE
    Slot 7: Limit Target: Exclude Caster PB
    Slot 8: Limit Target: Exclude Target AE
    Slot 9: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    Slot 10: Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 40%
    Slot 11: Increase Chance to Flurry by 6%
    Slot 12: Increase Pet Chance to Flurry by 36%
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

90% of the time I am in a caster group for raids, 8% I'm in melee DPS, and 2% I get an off-tank group , or even THE Tank group.. I haven't found that for my group makeup that it really gives them a bigger boost for their DPS over the insults every other song.

I often have 1 or even 2 chanters in my group, and they run their IOGs, so I wait on epics too till IOGs run out.. and sometimes, I will hit my aria just manually, but not often.
  17. Zolav Augur

well crap! that text is white. lol. I am not sure how to fix that
    Aria is better for casters then aura
  18. Zolav Augur

Sigh, cannot get the links to aura and aria to work as I want, but aria/aura have diff levels of effects. May wanna check it out :)
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

casters can reach a spell haste cap, somewhere out there Sancus-- I think, has a spreadsheet about it. I read it a couple of years ago. That's why you can't stack Epic and IOG. But I'll ask about it in the bard discord..
  20. Szilent Augur

Aria & Insults don't conflict, though.That's definitely not a real tradeoff.

Have you done more recent investigation than Sirene's, which showed big gains to triple attack & flurry from stacking Aura+Aria? it was here https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...song-focus-how-what-when.229696/#post-3382623

[IMG]
    Thunderkiks and Jennre like this.