Enchanter as a box (level 85)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by aindriuc, Dec 12, 2020.

1. aindriuc Elder

Hi everyone,

I tried boxing before with an SK/Shaman/Mage but was having difficulties at Gribbles at level 80.

I tried a Paladin/Enchanter/Wizard at heroic 85 and it is so friggen good.

Enchanters really shine in a boxed group. Their clarity line of spells make it so easy for casters and for mana tanks. At level 85 my paladin did not yet have pacify for mobs but my enchanter did. You just switch to the enchanter, pacify the extra mobs, and then let the tank pull. On top of that, if a bad pull happens, the enchanter can effectively lock down the mobs with entrall line of spells. They also have self-buffs that when they are hit stuns the mob, which means they can do charming etc really well.

I was reluctant to roll an enchanter on my box crew, thinking they don't contribute to dps, but with clarity and their their mezes I was pleasantly surprised. My enchanter has saved the day in bad pulls in Gribbles more than once. With two merc wizards in the group, their mana never goes down.

On top of that the wizard is so good with teleports too. You think that the teleports don't mean much but they do. Plus, it's so easy to just alt-tab and nuke twice and the mob is dead on the wizard.

The paladin is also awesome. Although, they can't hold agro as well as the SK, their healing is awesome with a cleric merc. When the cleric merc is not pumping out the healing so quickly, you can do a self-heal too 100% at like 50% and that is so awesome..

Paladin/Enchanter/Wizard people.... that's the key to success :)
  2. Valendil New Member

I used to hear people talk about this combo a lot back in the day, but not so much anymore. Question is, is paladin healing enough later on?
  3. Wolfwoodd New Member

Paladin healing at high levels is still very good. At 111, in a full set of tradeskill gear/augs, my paladin could self-heal in TOV without any other healers in the group (although it was very mana intensive and involved a lot of button mashing).

I would actually be more worried about the wizard at high levels. I do not see too many max level wizards these days. They are a great class at level 85, but end-game wizards could use some love from the Devs.
  4. Vaeeldar Augur

This. I’ve got every combo imaginable - sk/pal/war tanks - brd/ench (multiple ench) for support, cleric/shaman for heal and then my dps is ber, wiz, mage, necro. Candidly I like the wiz but they are being retired (funny enough pal/wiz/ench combo). they Were already hurting in TBL/ToV and COV seems to be the death of them.

to the op, I’d switch out the wiz for a mage now.