CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think part of the issue is that the missions were open for everyone from day one. I think making progression matter is important. I'm not in favor of locking zones behind progression (maybe the end zone of an expansion), but I am in complete favor of making progression linear, meaning you have to complete one zone before beginning progression in the next zone. And then, have the missions unlock after you're done with the progression.

To this end, why not put gear rewards on progression achievements? You finish the partisan tasks, you get a piece of armor (select which piece). Finish the merc tasks, you get a piece of non-vis gear. That way, by the time you start the missions, you're a little bit better equipped to tackle them.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Might be better to put some of the T5 augs on them, save us having to do quite so many missions for the augs lets face it no one really wants to keep repeating these missions when all but the dropable stuff rots.

A lot of the problems this time is AEs and too many raid mechanics happening at once (especially Aarayona). Though I'm really disapointed on how similar SS and ST are with them only having a slightly different mechanics. Usually missions have some of the raid mechacics that happend at different times, AAary has everything happening at once. :rolleyes: It isn't too bad if you bring an AE rooter with you and you can ignore that side of the mission. Just need to be careful with Grelk and Aaryona killing Grelk at the wrong time causes a reset.

I personally dislike linar progression. I like having everything unlocked, its a lot easier to get things done if your not waiting for someone else to finish with quest mobs/ground spawns if you can go to another zone which has available quest mobs. It is also helpful if someone in your group is missing a previous zones progression they can still help you while getting their own done at the same time. its not like the partisan quests are group ones this time, everyone needs to be able to get their own.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

Oh?
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Actually thinking back it may not have been a kill, but I know we had it reset when Grelik went inactive (i asumed dead at the time as it was low), possibly the same time Aaray did. I know things were going well and it was our last atempt of the night as folks were heading to bed and we had nothing up at all. It was one of our earlier attempts when we were training orbs in auras instead of rooting them and burning grelik. But it definatly reset for no understandable reason.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

Interesting. We had a ranger attempt AE root, stuff just resisted him and killed him instead. Have you seen problems with this?
  6. Windance Augur

I've tried it with a shaman and some runs I'll get all 4 rooted. Many times 1 or 2 will resist the root and it ends poorly.
  7. Duder Augur

I am guessing Grolik wasn't dead and he wasn't picked up quickly enough when her erupted from the earth. The mission will reset if Grolik is not picked up quickly enough after erupting.
  8. Yendar Augur

Th
    This is not a raid v group thing at all. Newsflash, group players can join groups with raid geared players too. Depending on what class you are your contribution can be very large and you are able to complete these missions. You aren’t going to be able to do it as the tank.. but I’d be happy to take a solid group geared player that’s a bard, shaman, cleric, ench or several other support classes. Trying to run into the missions with prior expansions gear, AA’s and being able to beat them.. makes them ridiculously easy when we get those things.

I’d prefer they were more difficult at outset for the raiders also, but I understand that’s not really feasible because group geared CoV players do have to be able to do these missions and ToV raid gear has to be better than CoV group gear.

You are trying to make this out to be a group v raid thing.. I’ve never done that w anything.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did this today with a half raid, half group geared group.

SK is one of our socials, semi raid geared has bits which were rotting that no alts wanted, belt, mask, 6/8 visables + 3/4 evolved items + ToV 5th earring. All AAs upto ToV + CoV defensives
    Cleric - Raid main - fully geared
    Rogue - Alt in full raid gear (mine) has decent dps augs (magelo below if it matters), not fully AAed has all Class and Archtype AAs and a few Focus AA pre COV and a few from CoV, its HP and Focus AAs she is missing more than anything.
    Necro - Raid main - fully geared, full AA to ToV + some CoV
    Beastlord - Group geared from one of ABs social guilds, has a few CoV T3 pieces rest TOV T3, not sure on AA I think was fully ToV AAed when we started CoV
    Necro - Group geared from one of ABs social guilds ToV T3 with a few CoV T3. Full AA to TOV + some CoV

Tank died on dragon J at 23%, rezed by necro, tanked by rogue for around 10%, couldn't activate dodge disc as another disc was running.

It went ok, would have been better if tank handn't died. We got 2 achievments, hard way and uncleaned. Raid cleric over group cleric made a huge difference.

We did Vulak with the same group (no deaths) and Aarayona switching out the Raid Necro for his shaman alt, not sure what gear, I imagine mainly raid gear if not all raid gear. Shaman died on first run followed by a wipe to curse dot, but we nailed it on the 2nd try.

I still think this is too rough on a group of group geared chars (even once they get COV gear), but a raid tank and or healer will make a huge difference. Our semi raid geared SK should have been close to what a CoV T3 group geared tank would be.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

I live on Vox. We have two guilds that have broken into ToV raid content, which may come as a surprise to everyone here. While I am friends with members of both guilds, and could go in on a mission with them, the majority of Voxians don't have that option. Also, I am willing to bet, even on big raid servers raiders aren't just going to pick up random groupers to go hit up some mission content with them. Everyone has a group of people they play with, myself included.

Why not? As you yourself keep pointing out, we broke into The Crusaders second night with ToV T3 group gear, including the tank.

Not necessarily. From what I can tell, other than Zlandicar, these missions lean more to the mechanics than to burnfests. But to get all the achieves, even on Zlandi, you have to do the mechanics so you can pick up your heroic AAs. Some groups, depending on how they play, may not be able to adapt to this, and may find winning the events more difficult to achieve than others. My group, once we figure things out, will bring in people at one or two at a time from the guild to get their achieves. It is a long process, but we try to get as many people in as possible, and hope that they watch and learn so they can do these with their own groups. I think the issue, probably more than anything, is whether people can adapt or not, especially after the ability to burn through two missions in ToV. I am glad that they made these more challenging to do, but it shouldn't take a group months of gearing up before even attempting to go in and win these missions. Ngreth already said that the loot pinata on T3 ores is going to be drastically reduced. More than anything, because of the ease of getting the T3 ores so far, this may have trivialized the missions already if we look at it strictly from a gear perspective. Now people who can beat Zlandi but not the other missions yet will just keep Zlandi on cooldown for ores once that is fixed. Missions will then become the primary source of upgrading group content gear.

I can agree with you to a certain extent. But raider's difficult content is, and should be, raids. Perhaps you are looking for something challenging after the apparent ease of last expansion to hold you over until the raids are released again.

I am trying to make this out as a feasibility issue for ToV T3 group geared and ToV maxed AA people to be able to at least go in and do these missions. Maybe not get all the achieves at one go at it, like in ToV. Make the achieves difficult to get. Once things are fixed with the ores, again, missions will be the primary way to upgrade to CoV T3 group content gear.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Yendar Augur

Raiding players do group content too. Many of them enjoy playing Everquest as a group or solo game as much if not moreso than raiding. You are trying to take that away from them.. and have their only
    Challenge as a raid.. that doesn’t make any sense. My guild raids 2 nights a week.. I do group content WAY more than raid content. I just started raiding consistently 2-3 months ago... I played primarily in group gear as a group player prior to that. People were making these same posts during TBL.. people were making these same posts during RoS.. I was only doing group content then... in group gear... and felt the exact same way. I have a post history on here to back that up.

If you are on a server that was having trouble with current content.. then the problem is that you need to finish catching up. Again, that’s no different than a group gear player being in gmm gear.. complaining that they can’t do CoV.

If you are table to do the mission in ToV t3 gear, without max CoV dps and survivability AA’s then what is the problem? You have already beaten the hardest mission in the expansion and things are only going to get easier for you...
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

How am I trying to take away from the enjoyment of raiders? But to make content too difficult for groupers to enjoy will drive them away. Many groupers are what some term as "casuals" that don't have the time to invest in the content yet still want to enjoy it. Are you wanting to take that from them? There needs to be a balance between the two. I like Tucoh's idea of having different levels of difficulty on all the missions (easy, medium, hard) with loot/currency increased for each. Uber level would be raids.

You must assume we are pretty back water on Vox. I can assure you we aren't as g i m p as you are trying to make us out to be.

The problem is that even though we beat it doesn't mean that others can easily follow in our footsteps. Nor should it be that easy. But it should be doable, not unbeatable.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

I suppose you meant something else, but you know you can click off discs, right? Click the icon of the current disc on the disc window and it'll stop.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. Vaeeldar Augur

What T3 loot piñata from Zlandi? I literally run two groups and have been doing zlandi 3x a day on both groups - I’ve seen one t3 ore in there? I’ve seen 5 outside of zlandi but that’s been with a fair amount of killing. Honestly until yesterday I didn’t even think zlandi dropped ores.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

My apologies on not being very coherent this morning. I am referring to the current issue stated here in regards to the "pinata on T3 ores." They are being (or were being) dropped at a 4% drop rate off of certain trash mobs, and not in missions (unless they fixed that already). This is going to be fixed, with the drop rate on ores on certain trash mobs being reduced to .25%, a chance for it to drop off of rare mobs, and a 100% drop from mission chests.
  16. Cadman Elder

I'm a group geared tank, managed all these missions just fine thanks :D
    Tucoh and Yendar like this.
  17. Xyphen Maximum Augur

/stopdisc

:D
    Svann2 likes this.
  18. Yendar Augur

Even more reason that it’s not overtuned. It’s doable in prior expac group gear and without all the new AA’s
  19. Yendar Augur

There is a balance between the two. Those casuals have every prior expansion to work on still. There is no reason to make new content tuned for them. If we used your logic we should have had 2 of the new expansion zones as level 0-10, 2 more 10-20.. we don’t want to take away their enjoyment... right?

The casual players you are referring too can work up to this content. In the mean time they can do other things.
    The mission obviously doable. Admittedly you say you completed it without knowing the mechanics, without the new gear, and without all the new AA’s. So when you have those things it’s clearly not going to be unbeatable at all.

What you are saying here, doesn’t make sense. Many “casuals” don’t have time to invest in the content but want to enjoy it. So where do we cross the line? Do the casuals that are still level 10 get a new zone every year? Should we have devs develop content for level 0-10, 10-30, 30-50, & give us one end game zone every few expansions?

The new expansion is set up for the players that play.. to challenge them. The casuals you are referring too can work up to that content at whatever pace that they want. We don’t need to be creating content for players that are behind or play poorly. Those players have years of content already to play.
    Tegila likes this.
  20. Kelset Elder

Cadman, curious on your group make-up and any suggestions for the other missions? Thanks