Not A Bug See Invis / See SoS

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Smokezz, Dec 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minimind The Village Idiot

Well... yes. We don't have the ability to engage with the Devs via the Everquest program.

An internet browser is a third-party program and you're using it to connect to the forums and thereby communicate with the company that makes EQ. You can use the same internet browser to join the Discord chat and engage even easier.
    Zerkini and Nennius like this.
  2. Zanarnar Augur

Wait wait wait, you mean you can use these forums outside of the EQ2 /browser?

all these years.

I think (at least, I took it that way) that was a joke :p
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Why? You have a perfectly good forum RIGHT HERE that, for whatever reason, you people seem unwilling to use. Telling me I have to use a 3rd party website/software to get information is ridiculous.

So, according to Ngreth, it's a waste of dev time to comment on the forums HERE, but not a waste of dev time to comment on a third party website/software? Give me a break.
    Fenthen and Zynt like this.
  4. Zynt Augur

You can give up that fight. It's been being fought, for months and months, on the EQ2 forums. Also, be careful how you interact on discord if you do join up. They're sensitive af over there.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Tegila Augur

I'm still trying to figure out how o e rogue, sos, with another rogue on /follow, made it through a ath where there were no mobs but the second died to a mob nowhere to be seen(yes it was a mob not a dot or anything else. A wyvern in ww)
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

It's about speed and ease. Forum posts are in-depth and will continue to be referenced so long as the forums don't go through another software change. Discord chats are quick.

Discord
    "Hey, Lilbraen. Are these discs here going to get upgraded"
    *Lilbraen sees name pop up*
    "Ya, no. I'd love to see it, but Dev time is limited."

Forums
    *Lilbraen sees scheduled time to check out the forums, logs on*
    *Lilbraen scans recent posts, Bugs, Veteran's, etc.*
    *Lilbraen finds question about berserker discs he can respond to*
    *Lilbraen responds to forum question.*

There are multiple communication channels for everyone. Some work better for some people than others. Pro Tip: If you want something, go to where the decision- makers will be. If that's Discord right now, then do it. It's not hard.

Note - I've literally spent a total of 10 seconds on any Discord channel. I prefer the forums. I'm OK with not getting as quick of a response as a result. I just like communicating here instead of a massive chat room. This post, for example, couldn't happen on twitter, facebook, discord, etc.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Pip Developer

I just wanted to let you all know that we have other avenues should you wish to communicate with us =(. I like talking to you all and want to hear your feedback. I didn't expect this to be so controversial.
    Fenthen, Thunderkiks, Barton and 4 others like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We are a fickle much which are never happy. :)
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

In that case can you take a look at the See Invis Sirens on at the entrance to the old Sirens Groto as that is the only route to get to The Western Wastes.

Also can you take a look a the Rats in the first tunnel in Dragon Necropolis, the dustbusters/dominators see invis as soon as you get out of the water and there is a roaming dominator in the same caves. With only a 6 minute respawn in these caves it is difficult to split and kill the see invis in that short time frame.
  10. Tallie Elder

I don't necessarily want everything to be easy. But I also don't want to have to go find a group of friends just to get past a ramp landing with two see invis mobs on it just to do a turn in. Throw in a see sos and I cant even drag myself with my rogue.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Was easier in the original to just train the zone line.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

You know how it is, when you want to contact developers...

"why don't you try discord? im there often"
    "no no no, tuesday is reddit day, try there"
    "im on snapchat in the afternoon"
    "why don't you try my irc account, if you want to get in touch with me quickly"
    "oh, you want to talk about bugs, try the issue-tracker"
    "go look at my myspace page"
    "I always check the forums when im waiting for the elevator".
    "we also have a facebook-page"
    "have you tried twitter?"
    etc...

Its quite simple, you just need 42 different accounts... You see, they want to keep communications simple, to accommodate ALL the users... :p
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

You are right, that was rude of me.

Sorry! :(
    Pip likes this.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The information has been transferred. This continues to NOT be about bugs so I am closing it. The OP, is also feedback. Valid feedback for sure, but not a bug.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.