Not A Bug Vulak'Aerr Mission - no clickys

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Vekaras, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

I've done this missions (successfully) 2 times now, and wiped about 10 times.
    A good portion of the problem seems to be not everyone is getting the click items on the Gem powering up; I could see it being random, but I've done this enough I'm reasonably confident that I NEVER receive one. Most players get multiples in a single run. My ranger has never once received a single gem. I thought it might be tied to melee, positioning, etc. I've tried adjusting all those factors, nothing seems to impact.
    Ranger self-buff blocking it?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Nniki Augur

I personally haven't seen any issues with rangers or anyone else receiving the shards. My guess is you're just not standing in the right place to receive it if others are receiving it when you are not.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As a wizzy I have only had 1 clicky across all the times I've done this mission. :rolleyes: Something is definatly off
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Never got one either. Ive only done mission 2x, but still - you shouldnt have to stand on your head and recite the 13 days of christmas backwards to get it.
  5. Morigaine Elder

It’s working. You get the clicky when you get hit with the breath so you have to be near your tank in front of the dragon. This is why casters are likely not getting it frequently on accident.
  6. Kuaamil Elder

I've run this achievement multiple times now and I've gotten the clicky without fail on the characters I want it on every time. Sure doesn't seem broken to me. People just probably aren't in the 60 or 80 degree arc in front to get hit with breath.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Morgaine and Kuaamil are correct.
    It is sounding like user error. You must be hit by the breath to get the "clickies"

Can you confirm you are not getting the clickies if you are hit by the breath weapons?
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  8. Coletricklw Journeyman

You can congratulate yourself on doing a great job avoiding the breath AE!
    minimind likes this.
  9. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

I'm definitely getting hit by AE spells and still not receiving items. I'm not sure if they're specifically the Breath weapons or other effects in the fight. (Going through logs to find names, but poison, amnesia, mana drain all effects that landed)
  10. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

okay. after finding all the spells
    Velium Boosted Frost Breath
    Velium Boosted Lava Breath
    Velium Boosted Chaos Breath
    Velium Boosted Lightning Breath

It looks like I've never actually been hit by it; other effects, yes, just not those. So I guess false alarm.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Good job at proper squishy behavior! :)

Yeah. Challenge achievements sometimes require you to play abnormally. I sorta like it that way. It's a challenge because you have to do something different than normal.
    Leigo, Yinla, Thunderkiks and 3 others like this.
  12. Maui New Member

So, I just killed all the dragons slowly and got clickies on group from standing in frontals. However, none of the group members could successfully click the velium shards at any point from inventory or any inventory slot I tried to fit it in. Is that working as intended?
  13. Sancus Augur

You have to target yourself to click it.
    Yinla, Maui and OldCa61 like this.
  14. OldCa61 Augur

What are these "Clickies" ???
  15. Nniki Augur

[IMG]
    Yinla and OldCa61 like this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

I just stood with the tank in front of all four and didnt get a single clickie, and neither did the tank. Looking at the log, I never did get hit by a velium boosted breath weapon. But how?
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

I never had any of the clickies until I did this mission as my tank, then I couldn't stop getting them... =P
    Yes, be at the front of the dragon when he uses his breath attack.
  18. AZerker New Member

The real question is where do you use the clickie? I assumed it was used at the dragon area that gave it too you.

But, it looks like you need to fight the red dragon to get the clickie to use on the blue dragon. Dose this mean the tank gets screwed again like in Zlandicar mission, where the debuffs get wiped from the tank with the breath? This time you can disengage to run half way across the zone to use the clickie. or am I way off base here?

19. AZerker New Member

It is doable, I guess you do have to play creatively :) Wish I can respect.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

Must have to kill really slow because last time we did it none of them did their breath attack. Checked log and its just not there. Lazy dragons.