Windowed Gamma not working as expected

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by delfchen, Dec 16, 2020.

1. delfchen Lorekeeper

Expected behavour when "using windowd Gamma" is turned on: using the slider for gamma takes effect on brightness

given behaviour:

Windowed Gamma is turned on in the Options, but using the slider has no effect on the Brightness of the client.
    Typing different values inside the eqclient.ini has no effect too.
    The solution offered by smokezz in the veterans lounge Thread ( Windowed Gamma | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com) makes all other games i play, way to bright.
    Even when i turn on "increase windowed gamma" on using low values, i am blinded.

Currently i use a Desktop with MSI Z279 Gaming Pro Carbon, Intel i5-7500 and GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, using latest drivers on a Windows 10 Pro 64bit system (Version 20H2)
    Metanis likes this.
  2. Symbius Augur

Are you running 2 monitors? It breaks for me when I plug in a second one. Unplug the second and it's back to normal.

Been like that for quite a while.
    Laurana likes this.
  3. delfchen Lorekeeper

aye, i am using 2 screens, both plugged in via HDMI ..
    since on second screen browser is running with input for quests, or forum usage .. unplugging it while playing ist not an option for me ;)
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Supposedly some windows update from last year broke this and it never got fixed, or they can't because Windows won't allow the program to take control (that doesn't seem right since every other game lets you).
    Laurana likes this.
  5. Laurana Augur

The above posters are correct. A Windows patch last year broke this. The only workaround is to unplug all monitors except for one. Using 2 or more will not allow you to adjust gamma within EQ. Having a 2K or 4K monitor is a good way to get around this as you can then display multiple EQ instances at 1080p and/or a browser.
  6. delfchen Lorekeeper

thanks for the input, but buying a new screen, when both of mine are working really good is not an option for me ;) I can keep such screen on mind, when 1 is about to stop working somewhen in the future ;)