Aradune or Rizlona for the long haul?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aluimar, Dec 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Reality check: You don't have any power whatsoever to get anyone employed at DarkPaw or DayBreak fired & calling for that on the forums is a clear violation of the forum guidelines.

Tweakfour17 likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Point of order, those two things are NOT the same thing, and for your information the forum guidelines actually supersede any of your notions to "free-speech" or speaking your mind, you either stay within the constraints of the forum guidelines or you will get a warning or even a ban depending on how far you go beyond those.

Rhetorical or not you can take this point & shove it in your pie-hole.

Last time I checked EverQuest is an internationally accessible game, my nationality is irrelevant, your allusion is peculiar, do you have some specific problem with Germans you would like to elaborate on? I would advise you to tread carefully here if you DO choose to elaborate on your intent or meaning here. I think I understand what you are alluding to & it is pretty stupid to say the least.

There are ways to do that without being disrespectful, discourteous & inflammatory, you could choose to take this as a learning opportunity but I fear you rabidly resist that form of growth. The tone of your posts is contentious at best.

I feel you have a deluded idea of your own self-importance that bears no relation to what you actually have in reality, this inflated sense of self worth is easily enough to warrant you needing some help with your issues.

If you have evidence that Daybreak Employees are allowing players to cheat then you should present this to Dreamweaver in a personal message so that it can be dealt with in the correct manner, but you don't, do you? This is more macho-posturing from the perspective of someone with an inflated sense of self-worth.

You just don't have a reasonable attitude, enough knowledge, or a firm grasp of the reality of the situation to arrive at these baseless conclusions, you could use some time to reflect.

I have got bad news for you, you might be old enough to scientifically qualify as an adult, but that's about it from the way you post.
    Triconix and Tweakfour17 like this.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Are you in these instances cheating with them? How do you know they are cheating then? How would a GM know? How many instances do you suppose are going on at once across the servers? How is a GM supposed to pop into every single one? Or do you only want Aradune policed? How much resources do you suppose it would take to actively police every single instance across every single server 24/7/365? Judging by the official discord they HAVE been cracking down, even on Rizlona there have been mass ban waves lately which is the "cheating" server. I put cheating in quotes because it was specifically designed around certain 3rd party software assists that are used on other servers as well but not condoned. They've also banned people for calling for people to be fired as recently as last week so Skuz has a point that your posts are likely to only get you in trouble not the CSR team you seem to be trying to provoke in to action.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Before you arrived here an hour ago, what happened? Obviously you've had some run in that you feel has compromised the entire core of the game/community and you're out for blood.

Those were legit questions, I'm not denying cheating happens, especially in instances, but how exactly do you figure an active GM is supposed to get 100% of them? With 0 false positive?
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Whats your youtube channel? Got any other cool videos or just 5 years worth of cheaters?

How do you work around things like dynamic IP addresses? Shared wifi like in a college or public library / coffee shop? What if a cheater got IP banned then just tethered to their phone? or connected to their neighbor's wifi? Which server has 90% on board with your views? Is 90% of Rizlona on board with banning everyone who uses any 3rd party? Or are you only talking about Aradune? Or some other server? You seem to have noble intentions and I can tell you are passionate about this, but your solutions are not practical or realistic.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, because that couldn't possibly be worked around in about 30 seconds.
    Barton likes this.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Big difference from freedom of speech and going out of your way to try to get someone fired. Game is a game. They own it. They put in the rules. This is one area where we get to vote with our wallet and it makes a difference. There are a lot of things I don't like about various different games. I don't try to get people fired, especially not some wage slave who has zero control over what is or isn't done about a problem in game.
    Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

So you used your platform to threaten a company that if it didn't comply with your demands, you would write (or have written), a hit piece article on them? That is pretty low. That is some the the same crap that causes so much toxicity in the industry. Similar to when polygon and a few others decided to write hit pieces on youtube and ended up screwing with a lot of people's income, only maybe worse. I say worse because, instead of writing the article, you contacted them and threatened to write an article if they didn't capitulate to your demands. TBH I hope they give you the finger, and yes, ban you. Writing an article is one thing. Trying to leverage not writing it to get what you want it over the line. Assuming you actually do have influence at mmorpg.com, imagine someone contacting the site's sponsors to get your articles shut down. How is that any different?
    Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  10. Machen New Member

Eh, it's a platform that reviews mmo's. I'd say reviewing customer service in mmo's is fair game. It's a legitimate news interest for mmo players.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

It's strange to see a rerolling kronolord say the least unique server has the most longevity.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

Yes, reviewing customer service is legitimate. What isn't legitimate is ss'ing private DMs and saying that if you don't do X, I will make sure this article gets published that hurts your business.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. dreamweaver Community Manager

I've removed... a lot of the rules violations in this thread. But a large majority of it was quoted as well so I will be locking the thread until I can clean it up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.