Can we please get verification on what will happen to Selo?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Pikollo Augur

I can't speak for anyone else on Selo but I like to prepare myself for whats coming. Springing a decision on us is not the way to take care of your loyal players. Most of our assumptions are we will be dumped on to a live server either when CoV hits us in March or shortly after. That gives Selo 3.5 more months of our bonuses, AoC's, increased rares etc. Personally I'd like to know at least a hint of the decision being made so I can prepare myself for a live server (if that is the coming outcome).

I am sure this is something that has been discussed internally and while I don't doubt a decision has not been made then at least you guys could give us a hint on where you are leaning.
  2. Machen New Member

They never give hints on where they are leaning, because then if they end up making a different decision the player base cries foul and it ultimately hurts more than helps.

Hopefully a final decision is in the works and will be announced soon. With ~3 months to go they can't put it off much longer.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the endgame for TLP servers hasn't been discussed internally.

Selos and Phinigel will both reach ToV in February. There is no CoV launch listed in the calendar but it would be assumed that Selos reaches CoV in March and Phinigel in May.

It would be very nice to know what happens when servers reach live. I could see probably 4 options.

1. Server stays the same with same ruleset and limitations.
    2. Server loses unique status and becomes a live server, all benefits and cons disappear.
    3. Servers are dumped into a single TLP landing ground server with some amalgamation of rules.
    4. Servers are dumped into a random live server, probably those with lower populations to even out servers.

Thought it would be extremely interesting to know which one we can expect.
  4. Machen New Member

I can't see them doing this. Selos would have tremendous advantages over every other live server. The reduced lockouts would be a game changer if they ever do an expansion that requires x wins to move to the next tier again.
    Barton likes this.
  5. Pikollo Augur

100% understand and agree about the ol' switcharoo. I also understand that even a final announcement will piss some off and make others happy. Either way leaving it up in the air leaves us in the dark. It feels like they put off any announcement like this for as long as possible. So even with 3 months to go we may not find out until a couple weeks before. They don't even have to leave a hint. They could make a decision and stick with it. Not like there are a ton of options. Feedback is always helpful though so hopefully more people comment with what they would like to see.
  6. Machen New Member

Keep in mind they just released the new live expansion. TLP issues always get put on the back burner late in the year. It'll probably be a month or so shaking down bugs etc on the expansion release, but typically around January/February we start seeing more attention to TLP stuff. Hopefully this is near the top of their list to address.
  7. Pikollo Augur

1. Server stays the same with same ruleset and limitations.
    -This would be hard for many reasons. As machen said Selo would have a huge unfair advantage of the guilds that race to the end. Likewise the server would be boring after a few months in one expansion. Doing the group game we run out of content generally 1-2 weeks into an expansion.

2. Server loses unique status and becomes a live server, all benefits and cons disappear.
    -Possible but with Selo's low pop they may as well merge us. It'd be the same outcome but with more people to play with.

3. Servers are dumped into a single TLP landing ground server with some amalgamation of rules.
    -I like this idea but we'd only see 3 servers merge over the next close to 2 years? Miragul/Selo/Phini

4. Servers are dumped into a random live server, probably those with lower populations to even out servers.
    -The most likely outcome IMO. The downside of this is we'd get dumped onto a low pop server. And selo is very low pop. So that server gets an extra 50? people maybe.

Personally I don't think Selo will remain "Selo" for very long. I think we'll get merged into a live and Selo will die. Especially if a Selo 2.0 is announced. But I'd like the option of where to transfer instead of being told I'm going here or there. I know this is basically taking money from DBG getting free transfers but on the player side it allows us to choose our new home.
  8. Pikollo Augur

Also if we get merged to a live server I'd like to make it a thing to talk about our "Selo" days to the live guys. Like old war vets.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

People already do that about Fippy. Trust me, you don't want this.
    Boze and RizLoaner like this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Bruh, idk if you know, but the most hardcore moment in EQ was that time in Serus room when Citizen, TL, Method, Liquid Gaming, and the Harlem Globetrotters all got together to see who could beat Donkey Kong the fastest.
    Kakashi77 likes this.
  11. RizLoaner Elder

You'll be dumped into TLP purgatory, aka Vox
  12. Duality Augur

Do we even have bonus xp anymore except for mercenaries? The drop in gains from EoK to RoS was pretty steep.

I've got 9 accounts on selo that are still active, and they will all be expiring in the next 3-4 weeks. If the one raiding guild that's left wants to continue trolling other players, (probably the lower back tat toons they picked up the failed RSS) then they can have the server to themselves as that's obviously what they are asking for. Not gonna continue to waste time burning lessons and have some trashy players swing a train by and loop it back over top of me and drape/fade when I'm not anywhere near any of the 1-3 other people in the zone in the first place.
  13. Pikollo Augur

EoK we got pretty decent xp. 200 aa lesson burns. It does feel like it dropped off in RoS. Maybe the mobs in RoS just offer less xp? I got several complains about RoS but it doesn't have anything to do with Selo. I think our bonus is there RoS just sucks.

As for the guild and training. I can't speak for any of that. Since CI stopped raiding and the rest of the server start dropping off I've had a better relationship with FC. Our personal group hasn't been trained, we've respect each others camps etc. Also to note. We were in VP, Skyfire, OT and HS last night doing various quests. I think we saw 2-3 other people. Two of them being Zslick and box.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

In EoK and RoS they have individual mob XP Bonuses, for example golems give probably double the EXP that normal mobs do, and this is mostly due to the fact that golems have a lot more HP. Also named give a lot more exp than a normal trash mob.

But with Lessons on and an EXP bonus golems are giving 5AAs per kill which is the maximum per kill. I am guessing with just Lessons and Selos you are already exceeding that maximum so the extra EXP is getting wasted. It is even worse on a named that should be worth like 10-15AAs if there were no cap gets cut down to just 5.
  15. Pikollo Augur

In EoK we capped the 5aa a lot. We would burn lesson in T1 zones cuz it'd hit that 4-5 aa per kill. RoS is a lot different though. Don't see that 5aa gain a lot.
  16. Duality Augur

Yeah I think most of it is the big jump to npc health slowing the kill rate. In EoK I would regularly pull 250+ on a single lesson, Now I'm lucky to get 100 and that's with double charms. I've had other issues with people without a face just during RoS (before that i've had no qualms with them), so maybe everyone is just getting super sour with no real clarification on what will happen to the server.
  17. Rage Lorekeeper

I'd expect them to merge Selo with a live server, its unlikely they'd leave Selo's ruleset permanently. Hopefully they give us a month with the current ruleset to beat CoV before any merge/changes.
  18. Baldur Augur

They better not merge any server with AoCs to a live server without.

I can see them getting rid of the other bonuses on selos, because they would be too good as a live server, but merging to a live server without AoCs would be a slap in the face. Especially for Phinigel.
  19. RABKkehhalla Elder

I heard they're going to merge it with agnarr
  20. FranktheBank Augur

Truebox is insanely limiting compared to a live server.