Arayona Mission - Temple of Veeshan

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Was this supposed to be a 12 man mission?

From what we have seen so far, you need 2 or 3 tanks, 1 for Arayona when she lands another for Grelk and possibly another for the guardians (when the orbs go wrong), you also need 2 - 4 people to drag the orbs into the correct auras, or bad things happen. Plus lots of DPS to kill everything!
    Griggson likes this.
  2. Astteroth New Member

I play a t2 raid geared warrior. I have attempted the mission 15+ times with a group of random guildies and failed miserably. Then we took a ideal dps group and beat it. Kill them faster than they kill you is the EQ way now.

No way will a group geared tank survive that.
    Velisaris_MS and Griggson like this.
  3. Axxius Augur

Grolik and Aaryonar can be tanked by the same tank for the few seconds they are present together. Real tanks have a couple of discs for that. And then Grolik is no longer around.

Guardians can be snared and rooted.

4 of the 6 people in the group need to get aggro on 1 orb each and run to their corresponding aura with it. You don't take any damage from the orb if you do it correctly. They don't summon and despawn the moment they touch the aura.

Mechanics and strategy 4tw.
    Vumad and Jennre like this.
  4. Griggson Journeyman

The mechanics are broken....after many attempts at figuring out the real way it should be done following the mechanics set in place.. we tried just zerging through it all balls out DPS ignoring all the mechanics seems the only way to be able to complete this.
    This needs fixing.
  5. The real Sandaormo Augur

So this is really the only mission you had to"figure out". The other 3 are kill whats in front you fast.

Our group was Me ( War) Cleric Shaman Monk Rogue Mage. We took 3 stabs at this and we think broke it the first time so we slowed it down saved dps disc's. You really are only tanking the Golem and the Dragon together for literally seconds so a Raid geared Warrior should have no problem. Basically all you do is follow the script, kill dragon til Grolik, kill his adds when they come, back to Grolik, when the Orbs spawn we pulled them all to one aura ( you get 1 success and 3 fails but they all go away ) ( if you don't get them all to an aura they stick around the whole fight.Then its back to killing guardians->Golik->Dragon.

This is not a burn fight by any means and really if you try to burn it will break the script it seems like.

All this said I wonder what this is balanced to? Group geared folks or Raid geared. I am Hearing even raid geared people are having trouble here. I for one would rather not leave out the Group geared just because the raid geared want a challenge.

Not sure this will help or not lol
  6. ArtremasEQ Augur

Base mission is straightforward if Raid geared.
    - Do have issues getting some of the Achieves, one of Arry's is probably the hardest achieve in ages to get.

Off root the Orbs / Guardian and ignore them.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A Jesters group beat it tonight, by rooting all orbs and guardians, seems the easiest way to do it. So this one isn't as rough if you don't do it as it appears it should be done. So it is doable in group gear, just need competent healer and tank.

We did a similar thing and got 2 out of 3 achieves.
    Cadman likes this.
  8. Cadman Elder

Yup, that was my group... a Shaman to babysit the orbs and guardians in the corridor, and a Cleric to heal throughout made the first 80% of the event pretty much trivial.

Last 20% we dragged both closer to the Shaman for extra heals just in case

I doubt it's possible for group gear to do it in the intended way though, without extreme luck.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

On the note of the orbs, as I mention below, assign each of the 4 members who are not the tank or healer an orb. When the orbs spawn, go stand in your color, disable Spell Casting Sublety, pick your mob from the Xtar window and cast a spell on it. It's not a hard mechanic and it's not broken. Yes, it does need some tweaking, such as an orb could run through the wrong aura on the way to the right one, but it's not broken.

From my post in another thread... And yes, it's a lot, but I included all the lucy spell links, how hard mobs hit, etc. In short, Fight dragon, deactivates at 60%, fight golum, golum poofs then reappears in the aura numerous times, don't stand in this aura. Orbs come, stand in your assigned aura and aggro your orb. Kill or root the add. Defensive disc when Dragon and Grolik are together and burn until it ends, about 30% hp on the dragon. The other mobs despawn. Spell guards help.

-------------------------------

I didn't get to watch the event mechanics much in 3 of these events, including CS, but Aaryonar in the temple I did. Since the people I have spoke to said this is the harder event and it's the one I am most familiar with the mechanics, I'll share the information I have for it first.

Group makeup
    1 tank
    1 offtank
    1 snare/kiter
    1 Cleric, sub druid, probably not SHM
    1 slower
    1 ENC, sub SHM or other support
    1 patch healer
    (Yes, that's more than 6, but a ranger can kite and patch heal, a pally can kite and patch heal, SK can kite and offtank, etc, these are roles not players)

Save you big burns for the end.

Assign orb roles before the start, ice, fire, earth and um, shadow?. Every player except the tank and cleric should have a predetermined assignment. Have Disable spell casting subtlety on hotbar.

I started with heavy spell guarding. Both Legions and Auspice. Use GS during setup so it'll be ready again during the event. I kept Crespular up too. Every time a spell guard wore off, I replaced it, and the group tried to stay in range of me and the cleric. I also dropped my Twincast Aura for my rune aura, as incoming damage was more of a concern than DPS.

The event starts when you speak to Aaeyonar. He has some spells. Revoking Breath and Tail Slam. These are directional so the group doesn't have to get hit by them.
    Revoking breath - https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52675&source=Live
    Tail slam - https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52405&source=Live
    Here is the tanking information. This was a very well geared, well AAed SK who was probably using defensives, but it's what I have.
    Average hits... Bite: 31.5k, kick 8.9k, DoT damage 118k

Aaeyonar flies up at 60% becoming inactive. At this point a very large yellow conned golum, Grolik, walks in the the zone in location. Do not burn Grolik. DPS him. Numerous times he will drop into the ground wasting burns, and after a few moments, there will be an aura indicating his repop location. Do NOT be in this aura, it is very bad. Once he pops back he will have no debuffs and start to wander, if you don't aggro him quickly, the event will reset.
    Average hits... hit: 20.3k, kick 2.7k, bash 5k. Again, I don't know what defensives were running.

I don't know the Grolik %, but orbs spawn. Disable SCS for this. There are 4 and they all train in from the spawn location. They have to be brought to their matching auras of bad things happen. YOu have to do these fast or you fail.
    Fire = red
    Ice = blue
    Earth = brown
    I believe the last one is shadow and that's purple. Sorry if this one I have incorrect.
    These are puntable, but also they root, so avoid punt unless it's going to land them in their correct aura.

This orb parts is the mechanic part of the event that is most troublesome, because of pathing and etc. I think that if an orb goes into the wrong aura it's a fail, so you have to drag them around the wrong auras to the right auras. (I think this part needs to be changed so the aura locations are static but the aura orders are random, to prevent auras being in the way of other auras, but it is what it is.)

If you fail the auras, there are things that happen, like AEs. The failure for earth is "A guardian". Same graphic as Grolik but much smaller. This guy is rootable and snareable (hence the kiter). It can not be mezed of charmed. I didn't try stun. Grolik will respawn during your failure so you will have to deal with this guy and Grolik. Offtank Grolik so you don't get the dragon back during killing of adds.
    A guardian Avg hit... 21.8k, kick 6.8k

At some point here, I think maybe 30% on Grolik, Aaeyonar gets back into the fight. This is the time to burn and defensives. I am almost sure Grolik does not have to die, and Aaeyonar went inactive much sooner than we expected. I think the event ends when Aaeyonar hits 30% (or close to it). I think Grolik was still up with a few % left and despawned when the dragon dipped out.

Throughout this event, there were some other actions, I think these are the aura failures.
    A fiery orb casted A fire orb's embrace so I presume that is the fire aura failure. https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52685&source=Live
    A guardian I think is failure for earth.

We also had Heart of the Temple cast
    Intruder's Curse: https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52673&source=Live
    Roar of Darkness: https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52671&source=Live
    Neither of these went off in our 1st attempt.
    On our our second attempt we got intruder's curse 2 times, and then we learned about the Aggro Grolik Quickly or he resets.
    On our 3rd attempt we got intruder's curse once and Roar of Darkness once.

I don't know what causes intruder's curse.

We almost wiped at the end when Aaeyonar joins the fight again, and I don't know why, but that's when Roar of Darkness happened, so I am speculating that it is some sort of end of event mechanic. Aaeyonar Did not use breath or tail at the end of the event, so I think Roar of Darkness might replace Aaeyonar's directionals, but I can't say for sure.

Edit: Oh yeah, you can drop a campfire in zone but you can't use it, so leave your campfire outside.
    Ironkeg and Windance like this.
  10. Windance Augur

Thank you for the detailed walk through. One of the best posts I've seen in a long time.
  11. Nniki Augur

Intruder's Curse is on a repeating timer throughout the event. The roars don't replace Aaryonar's Tail Slam and Revoking Breath effects, which are also on a timer. The emote for auras to spawn indicates which roar effect will be cast. The roar effect will be cast not too long after the auras spawn. This can occasionally line up with Intruder's Curse for some significant damage. The event has a bit more to it related to the Maximum Echo achievement that most people simply trying to beat it probably aren't seeing right now.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which is crazy how are the other classes supposed to get this done?
  13. Cadman Elder

I reckon a core team of Tank, Cleric, Shaman plus any other 3 classes would be fine tbh
  14. Thancra Loladin

A single alt tank worked for me. What are you talking about?
  15. Bronut Augur

I 5 box. Friend plays cleric.

Idk why it's grainy at points it's never in my screen like that.

I messed up cutting and only the last 15m of the video is the fight.

I have mostly been on Zek so haven't done much in cov yet
    KrakenReality likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Your a few days behind on the discussion, try reading the rest of the posts, we have already established it isn't as rough as it appeared originallly.

Keep up
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That is just a black screen....
  18. KrakenReality Augur

Man, I put your video in full screen and kept trying to close out so many of those windows. You and I are playing vastly different games.

Holy cow, are you mouse clicking every ability too?

Side note: Props to you for posting and performing at a high level.
  19. KrakenReality Augur

Bronut posted that he screwed up editing and you have to skip to the last 15 minutes.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I went to 36.