Fixed Internally Restless Ore dropping from trash

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tuhwin, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Tegila Augur

There are /picks always available, and the zones are huge, at least the ones I know it drops in
  2. Sancus Augur

I can see why you took it that way. What I was actually trying to convey is that the risk/time investment vs reward of group content doesn't directly impact me. If best in slot raid loot was that easy to come by, I'd care a lot more, despite both being (IMO) detrimental to the game.

We spent a couple hours only clearing frosted dracoliche PH's (with quite a bit of downtime in between each clear) and wound up with nine ores. That's not nine drops of T1 gear or something, that's half a set of the best group gear in the game dropping from T1 trash mobs in a few hours. Gear progression over the course time is a huge part of EverQuest's character progression. If you really want to be done that fast, congrats, that drop rate exists on live servers. But I still think it's so high that it's probably a bug (and one that is not good for the long-term health of the game).
  3. Moege Augur

You are wrong on the not blues.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll have to check. it was intended to be 1% on certain mobs.
  5. Mistycloud New Member

Only Dragon Models drop the Ores. That includes that Broodling dragon models, some Caretakers that look like the dragons, the undead Dragons, and the 4 dragons in that one mission. Those are the only dragons I have found so far.

The drop rate is high indeed. You can fill out 1 person in the best group gear in 1 long night. This is very out of balance. Why even bother with T1 or T2 gear. When T3 drops off of trash.

Plus, the Dragon models will drop most of your TradeSkill Mats, even multiples per kill. One dragon will drop 2silks, 1 ore, 1wood, 1 diamond, and 1 pelt. Only thing left to do is to go fishing. Having one area to collect all your Trade Skill materials doesn't sound right and at the rate they are dropping it.

Maybe not have T3 Ore drop from any trash mobs. Maybe limit the dragon models to only drop 1random type of Material per kill? Missions and Names have been the standard to obtain T3 Gear for the last 2 expansions now? Why add T3 ore to trash anyways? Just seems out of balance to me.

My 2 cents,
    Thanks
    Yinla and Sancus like this.
  6. Dharken Elder

People are complaining that the T3 drops from trash? Are you all just looking for reasons to complain now? The ores appear to drop from 115 and higher trash mobs. I have killed a (several?) thousand mobs now across the expansion and the common thing is its only 115 and higher. I have not seen a single one come from 114 or less.

Yes, I can agree that mats need their drop rates adjusted but are we really going to sit here and complain because we can gear easier? We still need a significant amount of tradeskills to even make this armor, and with the fail rates that occur, I can appreciate a higher drop rate.

From my experience, the ores on 115s run between 1 and 3% drop rate. Up until the hot patch it was closer to 5. Is it just RNG? Probably. Are we lucky? Sure. Stop asking for blessings (like having to rely on named/missions) and then complaining because we were listened to.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Its more that some folks don't want everyone else gearing up this way.
  8. birdsong_pawn Augur

A drop rate of 1% seems reasonable. My request: Please make sure this is spread out enough that people can't monopolize the places where the ores drop. After a bit, there won't always be /picks available.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Svann2 like this.
  9. Griggson Journeyman

If the drop rate is to be nerfed because it is currently bugged- i would like to also see that the ores dropping from mission chests is fixed at the same time..as Ngreth mentioned in another thread- its been overlooked by accident so i assume it will be fixed.
  10. Slasher Augur

cut it in half and add more mobs to the list that can drop it. Seems like a reasonable request.
    PCSS likes this.
  11. OldCa61 Augur

Put some on the Snow Bunnies for and giggles :)
    Some of you complain like you own stock in this company and someone is stealing your toilet paper.
    It's a digital game, you own nothing and when the switch gets turned off for good you won't have anything but memories.
    Enjoy the good and the bad :)
  12. Roguexx Journeyman

Does anyone have a list of the mobs/zones the crystalized ores drop off of in CoV? i know the NE dragon caves in WW. Anywhere/any other mob? It seems like WW is completely monopolized and impossible to farm with everyone trying for them in that one zone.
  13. Kuaamil Elder

We've gotten plenty of them while doing Temple of Veeshan quests and grinding a bit in there.
    PCSS likes this.
  14. Roguexx Journeyman

What mobs in Temple of Veeshan? I farmed there for 4 days with 0 crystalized ores dropping. Again, i'm referring to the no drop ores for the finish no fail combine for any t3 item...not the precious or whatever that's just for augs. Thanks!
  15. Nniki Augur

I've seen them drop (~5%) from NPCs with dragon models (including dracholiches) across multiple zones / missions, exiled efreeti (WW), and lava keepers (DN).
    PCSS likes this.
  16. Kuaamil Elder

Yes. Crystallized Restless Ore for T3 gear and augs. Multiple drake and dragon type models in each wing. 1 out of every 20ish would drop one average. So the name drop rate Nniki is seeing.
  17. Tegila Augur

WW on bertox certainly isn't monopolized, and it does NOT only drop from dragon models.
  18. Tegila Augur

Omg yeah the belts are an absolute nightmare with the subcombines and farming the shafts and gears(not hard but nothing else has to be farmed outside CoV for any other item) and even with all the aas and mastery quest, it has a much higher failrate for both subcombines and final. Other stuff not so bad except the cost of mats, then not wanting to over buy and going to WW over and over for more lol
    And yeah my droprate varies always more encouraging at first, bit then it drops like a rock.
    PCSS likes this.
  19. Tegila Augur

You've seen them positively dropping off blues? If so you're the only one so far.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Snack Augur

I've definitely looted from blues.
    OldCa61 likes this.