Soulbanshee's Tradeskill Parser version 2

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soulbanshee, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolrog Augur

Great, thanks. That makes sense. I am getting a new PC (should be here tomorrow) and I do plan to put excel on it and I was wondering if that option would show up again. I know excel pretty well, so that's my preferred tool to use.

Really helps me plan my farming and combines to make the most bang for the time spent. Then I cross reference with Zam (or EQT) to see how many of that ingredient I should get, because if I'm there farming it, I mind as well get enough to cover everything I need to learn.

Such a great tool. Thank you so much.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Fanra, Eyashusa and Kumudil like this.
  3. Kumudil Journeyman

Many thanks ... this nice tool gives me the motivation to really want to get to the 350 at all tradeskills.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Release 2.7.0

Download and extract this zip file into a directory on your computer, overwriting existing files:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=12VbKr6AVkJY74ObIjbDpNroAh0680qDo

I created a Doc to better illustrate the instructions here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DmWtjWb9Q-LiCCVca560eS8yKwwd7jtmwKkTOikECKo/edit?usp=sharing

Claws of Veeshan recipes have been added to the base files, and may also be a few newly discovered recipes.

If any of the reported number of recipes needed for 350 skill is different than what you currently learn to max, please PM me the information. I am looking to validate the accuracy of the numbers since the patch that corrected players needing to create more recipes after each expansion unlock.

New feature added:
    All save file formats will report additional recipe books which contain recipes that count toward 350 still needed to scribe.
    This accounts for all 350 skill applicable books purchased from NPCs that are listed on the major wikis and forums. If you know of scribable recipe books that are available on an NPC that is not currently listed on those sites, please PM me the information.
    HTML save file format:
    Recipe books will be listed in the current location above the table.
    Excel and CSV save file format:
    Recipe books will be listed in the accompanying text file that gets generated in the same directory as the Excel/CSV.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

Thanks for this!!!
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Been using your parser a while now & it has definitely made the trip from 300 to 350 so much easier, so a huge thank you from me.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

Hmmm maybe I should get around to doing this some century, thanks!
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Release 2.8.0

Download and extract this zip file into a directory on your computer, overwriting existing files:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DmWtjWb9Q-LiCCVca560eS8yKwwd7jtmwKkTOikECKo/edit?usp=sharing

Noticed I was improperly loading in the overwrite option where it was not respected on launch if it had been disabled and not toggled to reset it during that session. This has been corrected. If you do want the files being overwritten make sure you have the option checked starting this version.

HTML save file format:
    • The books to scribe has been converted to a list, and will be hidden by default with a toggle to show the list.
    • Added a live search feature on item name containing the search text. The search will execute 1 second after typing has stopped.
    • Added a paging feature. By default on new and upgrading from prior versions will retain the old behavior of showing all the recipes. When paging is enabled, it will show 50 items per page with an option to increase to 100 items per page or show all items as it does without paging.
      • To enable or disable paging all instances of the parser must first be closed down.
      • Open settins.ini in a text editor. If Html option is not present yet add it, else modify the value next to the option. Set Html=Paged to enable paging, and anything else to disable paging.
    Code:
    Character=Soulbanshee_luclin
    Html=Paged
    OutputFileDirectory=D:\EverQuest
    Overwrite=True
    RecipeSource=EQTC
    SaveDirectory=D:\Documents\TradeskillOutput
    SaveFormat=Html
    Metanis and Skuz like this.
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

Release 2.9.0

HTML save file format:
    • Removed sorting from Learned column. It was never part of the live data so was not functional.
    • Trivial will now perform integer sort for Alchemy, Make Poison, and Tinkering.
    • Added trivial filter to the live search feature.
    Jokskilove and Skuz like this.
  10. Jokskilove Palzerker

Thanks for creating and maintaining this tool. It's been a great help in skilling up :)
  11. Regnad Journeyman

Running into an obstinate Windows / Excel / Security problem. Excel won't open the recipe links to Allah for some reason. This appears to be a common problem that many people have reported but I can't get any of the web documented fixes to work!

I have found a work around in Excel 2016 if I right-click the link and select "Smart Lookup" a Bing search pane appears and the top link is always the exact same URL and it will successfully launch Chrome and display the link!
  12. Dewdrop76 New Member

is there a way to use the OpenOffice.org app instead of Excel?
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Out of curiosity, why? I also don't have Excel, and use OO, but I've never had an Excel file which OO couldn't open.

Edit - Nevermind, sorry, I totally misread your question :)
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

It is hard coded specifically for the Excel COM object as to not have to include and redistribute any 3rd party libraries. CSV is primarily the same except not formatted and leaves out recipes already created. For any office program other than Excel you can use CSV then manually copy the data from the file into the sheet program to work with.

If you aren't interested in typing into the sheet to save which I view as the main factor for choosing, I would recommend going with HTML format.
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'm slowly dipping my toes into post-300 level tradeskilling, and this program is a godsend. I couldn't imagine getting to 350 without it. Thank you.
  16. Axxius Augur

I made a script that scans all recipes listed in the latest version of Soulbanshee's parser for vendor components. Here's the result: All-vendor Tradeskill Recipes as of CoV (2021).

Note: there are no all-vendor recipes for Tailoring and Fishing. At least none that count for 350 skill.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Very cool and thank you!
    Axxius likes this.
  18. Shardin New Member

It works great. I like it more than what I was using where I had to save and upload my logs. The only problem I found is that the number of recipes for fletching I needed for 350 was off. I hit 350 when it said:
    876 recipes learned of 879 recipes needed for 350 skill.

No big deal because I think it serves it's primary purposes and didn't really throw my planning off.
  19. Soulbanshee Augur

The number of recipes needed has been a moving target because of issues calculating it on the server side which are supposed to have been corrected, and I was unable to get a response from devs on the intended number for each recipe. I can change the file to fix the display on the next update, but to find out first, was it 876 after you refreshed the output file once you got 350?
  20. Lckylad New Member

Question. If I learned it on my Toon on PC1 and logged to PC2 same toon would they know what has been learned?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.