GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The are a few things happening that are causing the issues. One of them is related to the change with block messages. This is something I had already taken care of a while ago with my current version, but obviously .98 has trouble.

So, here is the good news/bad news:

The good news is I'm uploading a new version (.99) that should fix the issues as well as the pet issue that still existed in .98 and you can redownload from the link in the first post.

The bad news is that I can't really guarantee it will work as advertised. This isn't my current version, and it isn't technically a true .99 either, but a Frankenstein's monster version that may have it's own unforseen problems.

The problem is that for stupid reasons I don't have the exact code for .98. I have .97 and .100+, but not .98. (There was no .99, I skipped to 100 because it's a nice round number).

What this means is that I couldn't just easily make a small change from .98 to .99 because there IS no .98. So I went back to .97 and tried to remake .98 and then add the fixes on top.

Anyway, you can try redownloading and using .99 and see if it resolves your issues.

Edit: I do want to say that this is something I should have done a long time ago for all the pet classes and I apologize for waiting so long. I am still working on the actual update. So much has been rewritten that I should really call it 3.x at this point (but I'm not).
    Kattria Minx, Zunnoab, RPoo and 3 others like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thank you for your prompt support. It truly is appreciated!!!
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

.99 fixed the hanging/not responding issue (when loading in log files) for me.

Thanks for the update.
  4. Ironkeg New Member

Am I missing the heal tab in the latest update? On a more positive note, my pet is now showing up as a pet. Appreciate the hard work.
    Tatanka likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Also noticed that, as well as the tanking tab not showing anything (can't pick a toon to track the tanking for).
  6. Evurkvest Augur

Thx for the update!
    Unfortunately it looks like there is an issue with pets and the new .99 version. My pet got linked to another player of the same class. Also my pet does not show up in the "Link the pet:" drop down. TrackedPlayer, TrackedPet and LinkedPets is correct in the settings file. Let me know if you want the log.
  7. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Current (Developer) and future versions of Firefox won't allow downloads from insecure websites anymore. They'll report a "possible security risk because the download can be damaged or manipulated".

Beimeith, the DL link you provided in Post #1 goes to a "http" site and my Firefox refuses to DL it with the above notifications. If possible provide a https link; unfortunately a user cannot change an older post :( . Maybe a moderator can help here.
  8. Danaleigh Elder

Same here ! Fixed the hang up issue , but no heal parses. Gawd I bet you hate as all !!!
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The HealOverview tab is gone, and the Tanking tab is still there but partially changed.

As I said, this version isn't a clean update and is a bit of a mishmash of older things and new things you haven't seen before.

This has a partial implementation of the new interface. Basically, there are going to be a lot of new tabs/breakdowns so I have redesigned the layout to better accommodate them.

At the top, there are Overview and Breakdown tabs. When you select one of them, there will be additional tabs at the BOTTOM of the screen.

So, for Overviews there is:
    Overview > Damage
    Overview > Healing
    Overview > Tanking (Not working in this build, but works on mine)

for Breakdowns there is:
    Breakdown > Damage (This is the old one that has been removed)
    Breakdown > New Damage (This is the new one that replaced the above in my version)
    Breakdown > DD
    Breakdown > DoT
    Breakdown > Healer
    Breakdown > Healee
    Breakdown > Melee (Not in this version, but works on mine)
    Skuz, Zunnoab, Ironkeg and 1 other person like this.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Try clearing your settings and then reloading your entire log.

If that doesn't solve it, then I'll have you send me yours.

The pet issues should be fixed as .99 is using the current/fixed version of the pet code and I haven't seen any problems with that as I've used it.
  11. Evurkvest Augur

I installed the .99 and got a msg that the settings file was about to be replaced so it should be fresh. But ill try your sugestions and get back to you.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Here are some screenshots of my current version so you can all see what exactly you're waiting on. Hopefully it is worth the long wait:

Overview Damage:

[IMG]

As part of the new UI changes, filters and buttons will now all be located at the top and/or bottom of the screen depending on if they control a top or bottom box.

I've added a class filter where you can select which classes to display on the overview if you just want to compare certain classes.

Overview Healing:

[IMG]

There is a checkbox which controls whether all of the Per Second columns are displayed. Additional columns and checkboxes to filter them are in progress.

Overview Tanking:

[IMG]

Overview Tanking displays a breakdown of each damage type (Melee, DD, DoT, DS) which can be shown/hidden via checkboxes below. There is also a death counter :D

Breakdown Damage

[IMG]

Breakdown Damage displays a mid-level breakdown of damage between the Overview Damage and the individual Breakdown tabs.

It displays a summary of the different damage types: Melee, Direct Damage, Damage over Time, Environmental (damage shields), with a second "detail" box below (that currently doesn't do anything)

Breakdown DD

[IMG]

Breakdown DD is the most completed tab. As you can see from the scroll bars, only half the columns are even visible in the top box. It has 35 columns of information in total, and you can expect that most breakdown tabs will be similar when finished. To ameliorate the data overload of showing everything at once, most of the columns can be enabled/disabled via the checkboxes up top.

Ideally in the future I'll change it to allow per-column settings, but for now each checkbox controls 3-5 related columns.

Breakdown DoT

I'm not including a screenshot of this one because it is the one I'm currently working on and it is fairly broken at the moment. Expect it to look very similar to the DD tab, though naturally some columns are different because DoTs are different than DD.

Breakdown Healer

[IMG]

The Breakdown Healer shows healing from the Healer's perspective. After selecting a healer from the list, the top box displays their healing broken down for each player, while the bottom box displays their healing broken down per-spell.

Again, expect there to be many more columns of information as well as checkboxes to control them.

Currently it does not display a per-player, per-spell, breakdown. (E.g. Healer_A healed Player_B with Spell_C for Amount_X) though I do plan to add it in the future.

Breakdown Healee

[IMG]

Breakdown Healee is essentially the same as the above, but works from the opposite perspective. You select a Healee from the list, and the top box displays stats on who healed them, while the bottom box displays stats on which spells they were healed by.

Again, expect there to be many more columns and checkboxes and for a per-healer, per-spell, breakdown to be added sometime in the future.

Breakdown Tanking

[IMG]

The Breakdown tanking tab is very similar to the one you're used to. Most of the changes related to this are on the backend. As with the healing tabs, expect there to be many more columns in the future. GP currently parses all 3 types of block messages (normal, shield, staff) and counts them separately, but this is not yet reflected above. There will be separate columns for those, as well as a few other things.

The box below displays per-hit details up to the maximum available. (If you try to show too many you will get a warning message).

Faction:

[IMG]

As you can see it is still in progress. The addition of the in-game faction window sort of ruined my plans for this, so I haven't worked on it in a while, but I will finish it.

The top box will show a list of all your factions, and where possible the amount of change. This is the part that was made somewhat superfluous since the in-game faction window was added, but it can still be useful for tracking changes on a per-gameplay session basis.

The bottom box works as the current one does, displaying all faction hits that match the filters.

Loot Tracker:

[IMG]

You can see that the Loot tabs have been changed. Under the Loot Tab up top are 4 sub tabs: Loot, Advanced Loot, Coin, and Tracker. I'm not including screenshots as it's unneeded.

The normal Loot tab is unchanged aside from being made bigger by the removal of the coin box.

The Coin tab is very similar to how it was but now in it's own tab instead of at the bottom of loot.

The Advanced loot Tab was currently part of the Randoms Tab but is now under Loot like it should be. It now also contains filters for Looter Name, Roll Type (Need/Green/Given/Grabbed), item name, date, and zone so you can better find what you are looking for. Additionally it now can also show (via configurable checkbox) items that you purposefully left on the corpse.

The Loot Tracker tab is new, and is what is shown above. Note that this is not necessarily how the finished version will look. As it works now, you select which people to track from the boxes on the right. Then you select an item to track, and it displays all info for that item for the tracked players.

In this screenshot, we can see that 8 Cockatrice Feathers were given to Michone but they only looted 7, and 6 Cockatrice Feathers were given to Tatanka, but they have actually looted 7. We can reasonably conclude that the master looter mistakenly gave the 8th one to Michone, who then left it on the corpse and Tatanka looted it, thus the discrepancy between the numbers. (Also, this reminds me to add a column for left on corpse, that was something I just recently added a week or two ago after I made this).

Parcels

[IMG]

Parcels are mostly unchanged aside from the fact that I have split sent and received parcels into separate boxes. The top box displays items you Sent, and the bottom displays items you Received. I have also removed the Postman column as it was unnecessary.

Be aware that this is not an exhaustive list of all changes, not even close. Virtually every aspect of how data is stored and manipulated has been entirely rewritten, in some cases more than once. This was necessary because of limitations on how it was previously implemented and is what has taken so much time to redo. (Basically, rewriting how the data is stored is what allows me to show 35+ different columns of info on the DD tab and similar for the other tabs. Some of that data simply wasn't available to use for calculations before).

Aside from that, there have been MANY optimizations related to parsing speed and system RAM usage, as well as a whole host of other fixes, improvements, and feature requests that have been added.

And yes, it remains compatible with older log files as well, though obviously with reduced detail as older logs don't display as much information as newer ones.
    Krool, aalith, Syylke_EMarr and 4 others like this.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

https://beimeith.com/gamparse/GamParse-2.0.0-Beta.exe
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I sent you a PM
  15. Malbro Augur

I have firefox 83(64 bit) and it downloads from the link in post 1 just fine.
  16. Lenothx New Member

would u consider github sourcecode / version tracking ? others can help maintain then
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I have version tracking, and I am not interested in making it open at this time.
  18. Lenothx New Member

for some constructive feedback, some buttons are not fixed relative to top left, but to bottom right, and consequently follow around when resizing. Happens on Log Search tab, and tanking tab.
  19. Gabrieles Lorekeeper

I tried to check through posts and did a search on this thread but any idea why Zlandicar would be ignored by Gamparse ? I was using .98 when I noticed during beta testing was still not seeing data today and tired looking in .99 and still nada. Checked logs to confirm all fight data is being recorded.
  20. Darkhain Elder

Thanks for the hard work Beimeith.

I've found out, in the last version, we can no longer SHIFT/CTRL + select players, to send/copy highlighted only.
    Pet and class identification seems to be less accurate than before, also can't always assign correct people to their pet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.