When is the next TLP? Ready for a new one. Preference. No box. One account. Starts on Kunark.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Machen New Member

Not to mention 1 per IP is meaningless as it is super easy to get more than 1 IP. People already exploit 2 per human to a great extent.
    Nolrog and Skuz like this.
  2. monzie New Member

3. Tucoh Augur

TLP is just a mob stomp with OP player characters in zones with extremely limited resources from slow respawn times. It's the lowest form of PvP in MMO gaming.

Only TLP I'll play again is:
    1. All mob damage is doubled
    2. All mob CC resists are jacked way up
    3. Charm is super nerfed beyond that
  4. Gnothappening Augur

For me the best expac was Kunark. I loved it and what it added. I also loved the feel of the setting.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

4. Player runspeed is reverted to classic.
    5. SoW removed until POP.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

6. Run command not available until POP.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

7. Translate and group port spells locked to Pop also. Druids and Wizards can self port, but thats it. Everyone else is on foot patrol.
  8. Febb Augur

1. Spell book is always open and can't be closed
    2. Movement controls are random
    3. All NPCs are KOS with no way to gain faction
  9. Leifer Augur

No soulbinders or bind affinity spells whatsoever.
    Running and swimming drains endurance or mana.
    Dwarves get 100% xp bonus but are always under drunkenness effects.
  10. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

I would like a new tlp with anti cheat software built in. If people don't want their systems checked for it before entering the server then they would have the option of playing on any of the other cheat and bot filled servers.
  11. TheChosenOne Augur

they owe you nothing
  12. TheChosenOne Augur

Seeings how virtually every TLP has been released between March - May, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they aren't releasing a new TLP until AT LEAST March-May timeframe...

You see this every year, within months of a new TLP coming out you have the kronolords begging for the next new TLP so they can keep paying their rent
  13. TheChosenOne Augur

lol i play 3 accounts and my goal isnt to make krono, I spend tons of money buying krono tho from the people who dont have jobs apparently

I play EQ to play EQ, not farm Krono. Krono are something new DBG came up with that has turned TLPs into little kronolord farms, which is what makes early era TLPs complete garbage
  14. Bailen Augur

Starting on Kunark or Velious would be all right. I'd hope they'd spend an extended amount of time on Classic before they started releasing later expansions regularly, though. I'm one of those players who loses interest after the earlier expansions (LDON in my case).
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]

Best comment & following image - ever.
  16. Nicorus Elder

I would like a new TLP that had a real balance pass done, dmg casters need to be better in raids for most of the expacs up to tss. Charm probably doesn't have enough downside anymore since CR isn't a thing, they should take a look at making it break more or give mobs a frenzied buff after it breaks so it is more likely to go sideways.

I would also like if they reworked the content/zone unlocks to flow content out better. Classic with the first month having the planes locked so gearing up isnt a mad naked dash to the planes, this would make alot of the questing that gets skipped viable again, also reenable focus effects in classic, not having them makes caster gear boring. Revamp VP loot so it is a little more interesting, Kunark currently has some of the worst raiding around.

For the most part I think every expac up through PoP would benefit from locking the final zone behind a timer, make people gear up in the early zones so it isn't a mad dash to the end every time. After PoP the xpacs with no AA all need to just be on 1 month max until the next, ldon, don, por are all a joke and half the servers quit because this era is such a long slog with limited content.

I don't think EQ has a content problem at all but it does have some pretty bad lulls where the pacing on these progression servers is really bad, and eras where certain classes just need love. I just think in PoP for example how much more life that content would have if time wasn't open immediately, all the loot and the raids from T1 - elementals that kind of gets skipped now suddenly has a ton more life.
  17. SMendle New Member

I would love to see a new TLP server opened where there is no /follow and no /assist commands.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Removing Origin until Omens of War would be a really nice quality of life change. Make everyone experience classic movement until Luclin.

Also in Kunark revert the druid/wizard Wind / Mark group evac spells to requiring being inside of a Kunark dungeon to cast like you needed to in Kunark. Also Velious portals should require you have a soulbound Tooth of the respective zone to be ported to each portal, requiring you make the run out to Great Divide/Wakening Lands/Cobalt Scar to collect the ground spawn tooth before anyone can port you there like it was in Velious.

Get that classic EQ Movement back in game.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That would just promote even more 3rd party software use than we have now.

I think the best way to get away from 3rd party programs is for EQ to natively support multi-boxing & controlling more than 1 character from your screen.

Even better would be server merging so there are enough actual players for grouping to happen much more often, boxing only became so prevalent due to the difficulty of getting groups as the game aged & the servers became more barren of players.