Teleporters from the upgrade editions go to the same area as guild hall port?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WorriedinNorrath, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

The guild hall portal needs changed to WW. You can't do anything about the clickies going to CS.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  2. DruidCT Augur

I'll be kinda surprised if they change it. Just like original Velious they like to watch us run through Siren's Grotto. Used to be able to succor across SG as I recall (hence my never learning my way across), but the succor point in the new CS I think is by skyshrine zone in.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

But WW also didn't have spell vendors in it back then. And yeah, while I never did as a Cleric who could could DA and swim, many others did the evac to prevent the 12-15 second run through see invis seahorses. But because CS/SG are combined zones, you end up in the CS-portion of the zone on succor/evac.

Mobs back then were also not capable of killing you in 1-2 rounds.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Started doing Frostfell quests last night on 115 Rogue alt (doesn't have CoV) after that I have Hero's Journey to do and a lot of other rogue/bard illusions to get. Ranger alt is only 101, so I have at least 8 expansions I want to get done on her. Must finish epic 1.5!

After I'm done with that I have zerker, mage, chanter and SK to level up. :rolleyes: Not to mention another chanter, bard and beast who are level 115 but need some odd bits doing from the last 8 expansions.Also a druid and a shaman can't remember if I got them 115 or not.

I have enough stuff I want to do outside of CoV to keep me going for at least a year and that is playing 12 hours a day (with CoVid restrictions I have far too much time on my hands).

Just because I'm not in CoV doesn't mean I will be in ToV.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zynt like this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I bought the mid level expansion on both of my accounts for my bards, but with all destinations being the same, nope not doing it for the hubs' 2 accounts. cheapo depot versions for him.
    For me it's the only reason to buy that mid-level version.
  6. Windance Augur

I hope they change the clicky to the WW zone line. That would make the item worth some extra $$$.
  7. Tegila Augur

Good news for Dru/wiz: can once again make money porting people after you bind there. Lol
    Lannin, Sirene_Fippy and Fenthen like this.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

This would be great.

I think they should give this to the druids/wizards. They should probably make the succor point in CS the WW entrance as well just to give it some old time flavor.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My assumption, is that crafters will need access to the tradeskill vendor in WW quite often. Not to mention that WW is almost a "zone-hub". Getting there cheap from the guildhall, is something everybody will need, not just wizards/druids.

For porting classes, just delete all our current gate/ports/tlc spells, and replace it with the Ability to gate/port/tlc to any succor-point in the world!!!
    We cast it, and the world map pops up, and let us select any zone as destination, by clicking through the continents...just as if we would browse the zone-maps,

Or at least any outdoor zone...;)
  10. Repthor Augur

1 out of 2 things shuld happen with regards to guildhall portal

1. move the vendors to cobalt scar , and the portal clikies and dru/wiz ports to WW
    2. move the guild portal to WW and keep the premium port clikies and Dru/wiz ports to Cobalt Scar
    Thunderkiks and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Logic and Daybreak have never been able to peacefully coexist with each other.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Metanis like this.
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

This seems like a very achievable way to address this issue since ngreth already alluded to the fact they don’t believe they can change an item they published as a draw. It’s a simple solution (and a good one imo) to a complex problem.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Metanis like this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Considering that the patch message for CoV on test said the guildhall port would go to WW, and then Ngreth coming in and saying the message was incorrect only AFTER everyone started complaining about this...I think it WAS supposed to go to WW, and someone just screwed up.
    Thunderkiks and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

In my case yes. So it could be put in the guild hall.
    OldCa61 and Velisaris_MS like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Is another voice/vote needed on this issue? In any case, I think it's just plain silly that either the guild port and/or the premium item doesn't take a player to WW. In ToV the guild port took you to the spell merchants and this one should too. The path of least resistance on this would be to change the guild port as noted above. Hope it happens soon.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Everyone must have a really short memory. The last like 5-10 clickies have went to the same place as the Guild Hall teleporter, and when they started adding the 3rd tier with the placeable guild hall item which anyone can use for free (no plat charge) they have also went to the same place. Literally, the only people who have any right to be complaining are the Wiz and Druids who it sounds like also only have ports to that same spot. An additional set of TP/TL spells for each of them which point to WW would be nice for them. But there is no justification for the GH portal or the clicky/placeable item to go to a different location than they already do.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

TDS I think only had the normal and collector's edition, and that included a personal port clicky to Brother Island. Guild port went to Katta.

TBM had the PoHealth clicky. I don't think there was a guildhall port for TBM because it was an awful, awful expansion.

EoK clicky went to FM. Guild port went to Lcea.

RoS clicky went to Skyfire. Guild port went to OT.

TBL was a dumpster fire because they locked everything behind progression, so the clicky and guild port went to the same place. This was offset by the lamp you got via progression that basically let you go anywhere.

ToV clicky went to CC. Guild port went to EW.

So, with the exception of TBM and TBL, the premium clicky and guild port have consistently gone to different zones for the last few years.
    eqgamer, Thunderkiks, Sancus and 4 others like this.
  18. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Two changes that should happen:
    1. Move the Guild Hall portal to WW vendor area.
    2. Move the CS evac spot to the WW zone line, similar to how evac in old SG works.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

My interpretation was that they were talking about the guild placeable item not the thing you buy with plat and give back to the guy.
  20. OldCa61 Augur

I just bound my Mage at vendors in WW.
    Can't wait for them to change anything in this game, so this is a workaround for me since I spend 99% of my time in WW, DN and Temple.
    For quick escape, I have Bulwark.
    For slow escape I use every available clicky I have, including Theater or Blood AA, Origin, ethernere clicky (random, but fun) Drunkard's Stein and of course Guild clicky.
    Please add if I missed something and Happy New Year to All :)