Not A Bug See Invis / See SoS

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Smokezz, Dec 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Just like when ToV launched, lots of mobs see invis / SoS. From what I understand only Sleepers mobs should be seeing invis / SoS. Sirens in CS, Cherati in WW, Dracolich's in WW... others can add more to the list.
    Angahran, Raccoo, Shard and 5 others like this.
  2. Windance Augur

I figured it was a design feature where some folks complained about ToV being too easy to just invis around so they made things harder by throwing a bunch of see invis / SoS mobs in the mix.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

TBL and ToV were both that way, the devs specifically said it was designed so people could move freely around... the see invis issue is a result of copy/paste Velious content most likely.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Barton and Fenthen like this.
  4. Moege Augur

Gyurika Godofwar, Laurana and Fenthen like this.
  5. ArtremasEQ Augur

Seems fine to me, perhaps these harder zones, with no level increase, means have to pay a bit more attention ?

Lots of general SI as well, even moving from within the first zone, so seems intentional.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If it's intentional, it's a change of direction from the last couple expansions - devs specifically said people should be able to move around without mobs seeing invis.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm thinking the devs that believed that are no longer there.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think they have done something wrong, when conning something I get the rogue SOS messages if they see instead of just the basic con message.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It was Ngreth that posted it last year in beta if I remember correctly. But /shrug, if a dev replies either way we'll know.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'll say this...the lack of response from the devs about everything since the expansion launch is a little disappointing. The responses that I've seen regarding whichever issue is being discussed have been short, barebones, and a bit vague.
    Marton, Fenthen and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The only thing I can say it's been less than a week, and there is a lot of things not working. Hopefully we'll see a nice blitz of replies letting us know what's a bug/not a bug, etc. And of course, a patch fixing some things like items not stacking like they should.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

This has been fixed for several days now.
  13. ArtremasEQ Augur

I think its a change to make it less mind-numbingly boring / more like old EQ, and I personally like it.

Being able to run around anywhere without risk, was pretty lame really. I'm surprised MORE things don't SI, especially in Temple of Veeshan

DN is actually back to being decently harder with the live / undead and SoS SI mix.
  14. Nniki Augur

Sounds like they still need to bring down some zones to fix it entirely:
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I sure hope it wasn't me.

I firmly believe that you should have to pay attention when moving around zones. The only thing I differ is on how obvious the NPC the see invis and SoS need to be. I am more hardcode, and believe a name difference is enough, but I concede that a visual difference is better.
    I'm okay with there being a path between zone lines that is safe, even if it is NOT the most direct (especially if it is not the most direct). But just that, okay. I am not an enforcer of this.

I am also a generic believer that most rare mobs should see invis, with a few obvious "less sighted" beings not, and a few skilled/special case should also see through SoS.

Base-pop, I think some should see invis, and only a rare few with very special senses/skills should see SoS.
    off topic, but I will reply anyway. It's basically a server down to fix them all.
    The forums are very useful, and we get a ton of good information from them.
    But we do not make it a requirement of our devs to respond on the forums. I do take the time, and it does cost y'all some changes over the course of the year as I spend about 12% of my time on the forums.
    We have been noting down and making bug tickets.
    AND this is the bug forum, and NOT a please for a conversation about our responses, so I'm going to be a bit dictatorial and end the conversation about this in this thread and on the bug forums. (I won't stop folks brining it up in the more conversation centric forums) Please keep this thread on topic of See invis and SoS in Claws of Veeshan.
    Fenthen, Kumudil, Tropi and 4 others like this.
  16. Pip Developer

You should come check out our discord server. We are very active there!
    Tropi, Nennius and Yinla like this.
  17. Febb Augur

There are particular NPC names that see invis in CoV, in each zone. If they are below con to you, they won't see invis. If even or higher, they will see invis. All rares see invis. There are some rare exceptions that some blue cons do see invis.

Make a list of the names, check their con if you have to get in close proximity.
  18. Metanis Bad Company

WAIT, so you're telling me that I have to use a 3rd party program in order to interact with the company that makes my game?
    Fenthen, Zanarnar and Fanra like this.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

One of you said it last beta. :) But back to topic... there are a LOT of mobs in DN that see SoS. Just generic trash mobs - most of the Cherati. Some sirens in Cobalt Scar see SoS. Another side note, too many generic trash mobs summon as well. They also "agro the nearest player char"... are both of these intentional?
  20. Pip Developer

Nope, just that if you wanted a quicker response, there are other avenues. Of course we still check here, but if you want us to take a moment and chat quickly while we continue to work, that's where most people are doing it.

It might also help to know that we respond there when we can as well, its not instant either. However, its still a great community to come be a part of! We love your feedback!
    Metanis, Tropi and Nennius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.