Dear Darkpaw, you are leaving a ton of money on the table

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Lilura Augur

If you would restore account to account transfers, I would move at least two toons, and virtually every player I know would shuffle characters around as well.

You are missing out on a lot of revenue, Jenn.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm sure they want to, it is just not trivial to get it to work correctly.
  3. Lilura Augur

It DID work. They dropped it.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

IIRC, account to account was manual when it worked. I am not sure if they had an automated system that stopped working or when they looked into building one realized it was more work than they were able to commit to. I am pretty sure there were also major back end data base changes that likely contributes to it not working.

So it's not like they have a way right now and don't want to do it just to piss people off.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

yes

no

I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. It is very likely that people overestimate how many a2a transfers there would be if they allowed them again. It also isn't just a matter of doing the actual transfer, there are also other costs, e.g. handling fraud issues.

no

They have a way. Of course they have a way. If they can copy characters for bug testing purposes then the ability exists. The issue is it costs more than it is worth to do it.
  6. Zalamyr Augur

I mean, they could always up the price to one that makes them money. Even if it were stupid expensive, I bet some people would still use it.
    Kaenneth and Velisaris_MS like this.
  7. Numiko Augur

Seems like the transfers stopped about the same time they changed they way they stored character files, used to be "flat files" .. can't recall what the new style is, but seems like whatever they did broke their transfer code.
    Nolrog likes this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

That's what I thought I remembered as well (data base changes) but it was a while ago.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

JChen said no more, not going to happen. Its a dead horse.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

:(
  11. Kelset Elder

If EQ has taught us anything, especially in the last expansion, it's how to beat on dead things....

Count me in for a few transfers with the added benefit it takes a character off of a lifetime subscription account and moves it to a renewable.
  12. Lilura Augur

sauce?
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The number of players interested in the character xfer market is a tiny fraction of the population.

A TON of money? Arguably, no. The cost of implementation likely far exceeds the potential income.
  15. KrakenReality Augur

Lol, look at this guy thinking he has numbers. Dude, nobody can get an accurate market on this type of stuff especially not a low level pawn like yourself.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Pawns run Bartertown!
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I don't need numbers. The only thing preventing DBG from doing anything is money or necessity. Character xfers aren't a necessity. And if they aren't going to make money on it they aren't going to do it.

Simple simple. Maybe try an economics and statistics class?
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It stopped well before they changed characters from flat files. I want to say it was around the same time, or before the original sale of SOE.
  19. Maedhros High King

I don't think they are leaving money on the table at all. Since you have not had the chance to do account to account transfers in a while, your only other option is to do a heroic toon, and potentially buy exp potions to catch up a new toon.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yep, plus all the other stuff like bags, mounts etc.

I think the OP's desires are clouding their judgement on this issue.