Gnome Memorial Mountain loot questions/holes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rasper Helpdesk, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Hi guys.

Building up a loot table list for GMM and I have a few gaps. First of all drops are from ID 160601 to 160669. There are 14 rare mobs (12 static, 2 in HA). Each seem to have 5 items in their loot table for a total of 70, pretty close.

So far I have only 4 drops for Bloodmoon Chief Eclipse, Repair for Pieces, and Tatters. I also can't find any unique loot associated with Consul of Cooperation (one of the HA mobs so obviously not going to be seen as often).

In the ID range for the zone, these items don't seem to exist: 160604, 160614, 160624, 160661, 160662, and 160663. Further, 160657 is known to be "Hardened Steel Output Gear" but there is no information I can find on it's source.

My gut assumption is the Output Gear is dropped by "Repair for Pieces" or "Tatters" (Tatters drops a similarly named Hardened Steel Balance Gear). But that leaves 6 items as unknowns, 2 mobs with incomplete tables (chances are one of them only drops 4 items as 14*5 = 70 but only 69 items), and a completely unknown Consul of Cooperation.

Is it possible there is an error in the drop tables for some of these mobs?
    Nniki and minimind like this.
  2. birdsong_pawn Augur

3. birdsong_pawn Augur

minimind and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

5. Tropi Elder

can confier at least for tatters i lived thre for a long time
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

OK, good to know. So either:
    Tatters is an intended 4 drop, meaning Bloodmoon Chief Eclipse, Repair for Pieces, and Consul of Cooperation are meant to be 5 drops and are missing something.
    Tatters loot table is missing a drop.
    The loot tables are working as intended, 6 items are not meant to be in game, and the Output Gear is off the Chief or Repair.

Pretty low priority atm, given a new expansion's worth of stuff to work on for the devs.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

This was being itemized at a time when the paradigms shifted on some slots in regards to focus effects and ac. Tank shoulders (high ac), for example, were expected from GMM but didn't materialize. Ears/rings got readjusted to have standardized ac instead of tank versions of each (rings all of 'em have it; earrings none of 'em). Items existed in TBL beta but were not implemented intentionally.
    Rasper Helpdesk and Sancus like this.
  8. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

That makes sense. The first three missing items are Earring, Shoulders, and Necklace. The other three are lumped at the end, could be augs or could be just blank spots between 7/8 augs and type 5 augs.

Not sure what to make of Consul of Cooperation though.
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Here is what my list looks like - https://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/TBL/openGMM.html?Tab=Rares

Looks pretty solid. Those second three missing items would line up with damage augs, which they could easily have decided against including. I'll declare it 'case closed' :)

(at the moment, Magelo's map of GMM isn't loading, not sure why
  10. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Yesterday someone linked a aug they got off of Bloodmoon Chief Eclipse. Forget the name but it was a type 18