Not A Bug Should CoV Mission Achieves Provide Experience?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Psychotica, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Psychotica New Member

Hello,

I noticed that in this Expansion unlike others, such as ToV, you would get huge exp (20-60%) for the achievement for Hero of XXX.. instead at 114 you get like 2%.

Is that really intended?
    Sigpa0s and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  2. Psychotica New Member

Specifically its not listed as giving Experience in the Reward, but is that truly intended?
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

There are no levels this expansion; there is no reason for them to give experience.
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  4. Psychotica New Member

That's not relevant, many people aren't 115, and not everyone has max AA's, so why would you not give exp?
    Tegila and minimind like this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Did TBL missions give level exp?
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Merc achieve gave 25 AA. Is Hero not giving a lot of AA?
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I wasn't paying attention that closely, but I think each of the partisan tasks gives around 25 AA each. The achievements were giving a few AA...didn't even look at the regular xp option.
  8. Psychotica New Member

2% exp for the ones that offer exp, zero exp for Missions, and EXP is not the same thing as AA exp just to clarify as stated by V :) above... as missions provide no option for an EXP choice / AA choice and for Merc/Part the choice was 24/25 aas or 2% exp.. 2% sucks for the effort so the AAs were nice but really :-(.. i got all my guys to 115 by grinding and thats finish, just saying no way should it be 2%.
  9. Syylke_EMarr Augur

There's no reason for them not to give experience either. Might as well follow the design set in ToV for this one and have them provide similar benefits.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would prefer achievements in non-level increase expansions give glyphs of stored experience, like in CoTF, so that the experience rewards don't go to waste for people who are already maxxed.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There was no choice last expansion if you wanted AA instead of EXP, at least there is a choice this expansion. While 2% seems a little on the low side, everyone needs AA this expansion.

How much EXP are people getting to 1 AA in CoV? Is it 0.04 per kill? I know I'm not getting an AA a kill, but not too far off.
  12. Tegila Augur

Getting close to an AA a kill but I'm killing all 115s, and the few toons with regular xp on seem to be getting .2% a kill(or I'm senile and think I checked before and after but it was really 2-3 kills after...either way it is far above .04
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which is much better exp than ToV as that puts CoV at 5 kills for 1 %.
    Making it look like they have shifted exp back to grinding not from achievements after last expansions complaints.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

If they shift the levelling back to achievements on the next level increase expansion, then we'll probably know the pattern: grinding is viable in non-level xpacs, levelling will by viable via achievements in level xpacs.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No.
    Maybe give a "standard reward," but not the enhanced level increase expansion reward.

But in the end, this is not a bug.

Feedback, for sure.
    Syylke_EMarr and Tegila like this.
  16. Tegila Augur

Exactly my point.