Graphic Flickering on New Models

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ezra, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Ezra Journeyman

I have the same problem as the poster in this thread:
    Texture flickering | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)

I turned off dynamic lighting and and advanced lighting as suggested in the thread, but the problem remains. I can't find a way to turn off antialiasing in the options. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?
  2. Ezra Journeyman

I found a video on YouTube that illustrates the problem:

It doesn't provide a solution though. :(
  3. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Well, be lucky it's just that ...

Yesterday my guild did a last raid on Beta (for this year) and when we fought some trash adds in T2's "Crusaders" raid, I had some weird clipping on these crystal golems - only parts of them were visible, most of the torso got clipped by some strange incorrect depth rendering.
    I have the same issue in Pillars of Alra. When parts of the light bridges are supposed to cover the water behind them (from my point of view), it's vice versa - the water below / behind the bridges is shown frontmost.
    Ezra likes this.
  4. Ezra Journeyman

Is Beta the test server? I too find that some zones suffer more graphical issues. For instance, my flickering issue seems worst in the re-modeled zones (i.e., N/S Ro, Commonlands, etc.). In Ak'anon, very little. The issue seems to be an old one--that video I posted is from 2011. Moreover, someone on Reddit wrote he has endured the issue for a year without finding a fix.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This isn't a new issue.

I have had issues on raids with entire areas of people flickering in and out. I play in third person, and if I move the "camera" slightly left or right, they all reappear.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This one I know the devs are aware of, they tried multiple things to fix it but were ultimately unable to do so satisfactorily, some part of the rendering code in EQ's graphics engine falls down on distance clipping so the only solution is now they are aware they have to minimize using stuff that causes it, somewhat limiting zone creativity.