CoV experience sounds horrible

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Traxen Lorekeeper

I haven't invested heavily in CoV and judging by word from my guild I shouldn't. Guildies are reporting 10% aaxp per kill in CoV zones. 10 kills for 1 aa. Meanwhile I'm by my lonesome (well box crew) in Sathir's Tomb getting 50-60% aaxp per kill on lesser trash and more on golems. Just 2 kills per AA on a 115 warrior with 26k AA.

I realize the DPG response will probably be to nerf ST but seriously what kind of disincentive is that to have vastly better exp in a three year old zone than a brand new one?
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The issue is....?
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

5. Traxen Lorekeeper

So much for beta testing.

Let me guess, a hotfix is planned for next month?
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Guess you should have beta tested it then, I guess?
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Nobody kills anything in beta to test xp...they get autogranted AA from an NPC. I doubt very much many people caught the bug.
  8. Cicelee Augur

You have twelve months to get what, 3000 AA if already at max level?

So if it is 0.1 AA per kill, that is 30,000 mobs. Over 365 days, you are looking at killing 85 mobs a day. And that doesn't take into effect the AA you get from mercenary tasks, partisans, collections, missions, etc. Which i don't know how much you get doing all of that combined, but that is probably a quarter of the necessary AA you need. Which now means you are killing probably 60 mobs a day in COV to max out COV AA.

I am quite confident most people can kill 60 mobs a day in COV to max out their AA.
  9. Vaeeldar Augur

I think the problem would be that if you weren't max. I've already got 7 pieces of t2 COV for my tank. So I have no problem doing the content BUT I'll admit it seems a little out of scale difficulty wise. the named draco in DN had a huge amount of hp, took even 3 mage, ench dps group awhile to kill. I think casuals are going to struggle. the gear will help with survivability but on-going xp - hp is so high you are probably better of killing in TOV if you want AA.

Anyway it's a little weird I like overall expansion but mob HP and then the lack of XP with it is a little odd. I'm max aa anyway so I'm not that concerned. But then i liked TBL and people here though it was too hard.
  10. Biggho Journeyman

yep... try Necropolis progression with group gear and die often enough to see your xp bar slipping. Nearly every progression part needs dungeon crawling to the very end while traps rain 10 spiders on you, not to mention the adds and the Seeinvis and Seeinvu and SeeSoS and the occasional trains because the patching errrg... pathing sucks balls. The problem is that it is not very motivational to get xp with ToV and Overseer to kick it down the drain in CoV for missing AA.

And while the servers are so highly critical - whole raid wiped in a pick and AB is now locked. That will be again.. tata... lost lost lost... xp...

Not everybody is maxed and in raid gear. Ouch...
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Vaeeldar Augur

The XP piece is a little annoying. I’m literally having to flip back and forth between full speed and aa xp or will on the tanks/pullers because of how bad reg xp is in this. Looks like I need to keep up with overseers.

As to the progression it’s odd I finishing EoE and TBL boxing when current - I still feel like this content is harder than both and casuals hated those. It’s also a little strange no t1 missions.
  12. Tegila Augur

It's a bug and says fixed internally now. Y'all will live, servers have only been stable 36 hrs lol
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yep. 100%.

Enhance your calm, people.