CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Razorfall Augur

Tried this mission again last night and it is still hard Group geared toons are going to have a hell of a time beating this one.

A few suggestions:
    Make tanks immune to the banish
    Move the banish destination to the zone in
    Lower damage on foyer guardian AE considerably
    Lower Crusader ae/dot damage a little

I know you're supposed to avoid the cube but stuff happens when you're in the middle of battle lol

At the very least remove all the gargoyles and golems from the banish destination to the guardians
  2. Nizadenn New Member

3 of the 4 missions are WAY over tuned for "group" content. People in full raid gear having a hard time doing them yet alone group geared people.
  3. Biggho Journeyman

Yes and I like to remind the guys who complained that the mission is too easy while in raid gear. Only Zlandicar is possible for non-raiders to do but only if the DPS is the edge over the limit - else adds overwhelm you and the tanks drop like in ToV/Velks. The other missions having sucking raid mechanics and with 6 guys only and ports outside into a mob group, these missions are worse than ToV/Kael. At least in full CoV TS Raid Gear I had the chance to work on the mechanics which suck balls in group gear when you get dropped instantly.

Grats to the guys who defended so vehement in beta the difficulty...
    keiferoni and Coagagin like this.
  4. FawnTemplar Augur

[Wed Dec 09 21:33:04 2020] Jortreva the Crusader hit you for 80589 points of unresistable damage by Decomposing Flesh.
    [Wed Dec 09 21:33:04 2020] a foyer guardian hit you for 213472 points of unresistable damage by Bolt of Lightning.

I actually just posted about this today somewhere else, not all raiders think this is too easy. That's 300k dmg in the same second. I'm not sure in what world we expect group geared people to deal with this kind of dmg.

Then you've got 150k per tick Intruder's Curse in Aary Mission:
    [Thu Dec 10 16:25:37 2020] You have taken 144242 damage from Intruder's Curse by the heart of the temple.
    [Thu Dec 10 16:25:43 2020] You have taken 144242 damage from Intruder's Curse by the heart of the temple.
    [Thu Dec 10 16:25:49 2020] You have taken 144242 damage from Intruder's Curse by the heart of the temple.
  5. Szilent Augur

that's the mitigated "net" damage after 35% spell shielding. it's actually ticking for
    21: Decrease Current HP by 245325 per tick

the bigger deal is that the damage comes WITH
    22: Decrease Current Mana by 6500 per tick (v417)

which will erode group mana pools Pretty Darned Fast
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Unresistable damage is pretty lame :( Tell me again why we have resists in this game seems kinda worthless to me.

Andarriel
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Unresistable damage is pretty lame :( Tell me again why we have resists in this game seems kinda worthless to me.

Andarriel

ps sorry guy forum lag.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What are you talking about?

I just reread the beta forum thread on this quest:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/the-crusaders-mission.270862/

Not a single post about it being easy, no one "defending" difficulty. Just a bunch of mechanics post noting bugs and things not working.

You are the ONLY person that posted in that thread before beta closed about the difficulty, except ONE person earlier on that said basically "this seems too hard for T1, but I haven't gotten used to positioning yet while boxing, so may be easier when I do", and you posted on MONDAY (well after design lock).
  9. Tegila Augur

To be fair, every single beta has a thread about testing group content in raid gear and every time, the raiders doing it are like"it doesn't make a difference" guess what: this kind of damage certainly does make a difference. Add into that melee damage for the tank, the absence of rkiii heals and heal focii, for nonraiders(if it didn't make a difference, why does rkiii even exist?) Every little bit does make a difference when discussing raw damage at this rate. Sure, the expectation may be to be in t1+ gear for CoV before doing the missions for whatever reason, but 300k a tick...I'm not even attempting CoV until I have everything done to t3 in tov(I'm returning so I'm behind) and maybe more, but I am in full t1 plus 6 slots of t3 and the artisans prize around 2k Aug, and my health is not 300k, or even close. Should everyone have to reaug all their fear with Max hstam slot5s before they try these? Or will it be made more reasonable?
  10. Geko Elder

Has nothing to do with raid gear. The mission is straight up ridiculous. 335k AOE DD? My monk has a TOV T3 Raid item in every slot (Velium Empowered | Velium Enhanced) - Unbuffed HP = 327K HP. With Cleric and Shaman Buffs ... 355.5k HP ... These AOE's are damn near 1 shotting characters with the best raid gear in the game.

All this for 45 coins...
    keiferoni, Hobs, Kaenneth and 5 others like this.
  11. Griggson Journeyman

I would just suggest to come back and try this missions once actually geared in COV gear see how it is then.. would be boring if when maxed in the Tradeskill COV group gear that the mission become all too easy..
    335k AOE DD... maybe it needs to be avoided?
  12. Tegila Augur

Tanks don't avoid aes unless there is a mechanic to do so that no one has found yet and it doesn't entail running away
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Does make me wonder if these missions (except Zlandicar) were supposed to be 12 man missions. So many raid mechanics in them, which seems to need a lot of healing, tanking and DPSing.

Think I'm getting too old for this.
    Hobitses likes this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think the point is that the ToV missions COULD be done in less than ToV gear (TBL t3 for instance) if you were on top of your game and paid attention. It wasn't "easy", but it was doable.

If the CoV missions are a challenge for ToV raid-geared folks, that seems like it's a bit overtuned.
    Hobitses, Griggson and Yinla like this.
  15. Dalrek_MM Elder

Didnt try this mission yet, but isnt it too early to want it made easier if you know you are not avoiding stuff that you should avoid?

Same about the 330k+ AE ...can it be avoided?

If you execute it and follow mechanics..is it still impossible?

Nothing wrong with a mission being hard if you do it poorly? We all know missions where you can just avoid mechanics..so maybe these are different?
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It resets if you kill dragon before killing add, has nasty dots, has auras (wich still spawn once dragon is dead) we stay out of them which also slowing us to move to the next named which risks a reset.

Has high mana usage and no time at all (that I can see) where you have time to sit and med.
  17. KrakenReality Augur

How are you going to call someone out for providing their feedback on a mission that you haven't even done yet?
    Moege and FawnTemplar like this.
  18. KrakenReality Augur

19. Cicelee Augur

Multiple classes were soloing half the TOV missions. Half of the missions groups just burned everything, bypassing all the mechanics of the event. A third was burned for half the mission, again bypassing mechanics. And it was openly talked about (and sometimes bragged) about the performances. My alt paladin soloed Kael mission! Our group killed Griklor in 11 seconds!

And now you all are shocked that, with a history of "lowering the hammer" on changes that swing from black to white that these missions are much harder than we expected or wanted? That we cannot just waltz into them and put them on immediate farm status within three hours of expansion launch? Especially after the jokes that were TOV missions that the community openly mocked and flaunted?

Shame!
    Yendar, Ssdar, Sokki and 2 others like this.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

When people tell you it wasnt like that in this case, its just a copout to say "no its always like that". Everyone that was paying attention knows that even raiders were saying the event was overtuned. No, its not a fair argument. Its also weak.

You may be thinking of last year when everyone said Griklor was too easy?
    --------------------------------------------------
    edit: Im personally not ready to say it is too hard as Ive only done it once. But just commenting on what was actually said in the beta thread.
  21. Tappin Augur

There’s a difference between challenging and impossible. If there’s no way to avoid the AE damage, then the content isn’t challenging for some large amount of players, it’s impossible. If they want to design content for raiders, then make it so the content isn’t required for the group game.